It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who’s to blame for the ventilator and mask shortages . It ain’t us

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

No one is to blame because no one saw this kind of a need.
False.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: IAMTAT

The current administration had 3 years to correct the problem.

The way they pitbull anything Obama, you'd think they would have. They could have even got American manufacturers in on it.

The Democrats have constantly been slamming Trump, he had no time to fix the issue. I blame this on the Democrat politicians constant harrassment of Trump. Also, since the new norm was a low amount, how is the new president going to comprehend why they need to boost the stock of N95 masks?

I worked with government funding of beaurcacys for a few years and know a couple of others who also did that, birds of a feather flock together, we had something in common. I know about the new norms that happen with stuff like that, also stocking up then having the regulations change causes a lot of lost money. Was Trumps administration even notified that there was not enough, and is Trump or Obama actially the ones that make that decision, the president of the united states usually puts others in charge of stuff like that, they do not have to approve or disapprove every single government purchase, that is not the job of those in the white house.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The Democrats have constantly been slamming Trump, he had no time to fix the issue.

Bull#.
He's erased a pile of Obama's policies. You'd think public health and safety would be at the top of the list.

edit on 3/25/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Was Trumps administration even notified that there was not enough, and is Trump or Obama actially the ones that make that decision, the president of the united states usually puts others in charge of stuff like that, they do not have to approve or disapprove every single government purchase, that is not the job of those in the white house.

The President is responsible for staffing these agencies with competent professionals. Trump prefers sycophants and family members and will fire you if you disagree with him --- even if he's dead wrong.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Almost like every president in my life time so far...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The study was referring to the Strategic National Stockpiles yes, however should the hospitals just assume everything is taken care of by the government and not be involved? Should the Hospitals take no responsibility in protecting their staffs?

The study showed a need to improve existing stockpiles to levels adequate to insure healthcare personnel, I think that the hospitals need to be communicating and coordinating, making sure that the quantities are adequate and to make sure the stockpiles are used within a 5 year period and replaced. The hospitals need to take responsibility as well, may be more so than the government since they employ the at risk staff.
The hospitals should be a part of the strategic national stockpile process, assuming everything is taken care of by the government is a mistake, this is the same government and industry that allowed China to manage and control certain drugs including antibiotics.

a reply to: fringeofthefringe

Hospitals have their own policies.

The topic is about the Strategic National Stockpile. The federal government's responsibility.

edit on 25-3-2020 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

originally posted by: rickymouse
Was Trumps administration even notified that there was not enough, and is Trump or Obama actially the ones that make that decision, the president of the united states usually puts others in charge of stuff like that, they do not have to approve or disapprove every single government purchase, that is not the job of those in the white house.

The President is responsible for staffing these agencies with competent professionals. Trump prefers sycophants and family members and will fire you if you disagree with him --- even if he's dead wrong.

Got it.
'Bad Orange Man' likes sycophants.

NOW do Obama...

What was Obama's excuse for SEVEN years of neglect and blatantly ignoring multiple federally-backed agency recommendations concerning the nation's stockpile?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

What was Obama's excuse for SEVEN years of neglect and blatantly ignoring multiple federally-backed agency recommendations concerning the nation's stockpile?

Who cares?
Black man bad. We get it.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Got it.
'Bad Black Man'

NOW do Trump...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

neener neener

But it was too obvious.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yeah, it really was. lol

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Meanwhile, a researcher in Alberta is trying to find someone to produce regular surgical masks treated with salt water, so that every doctor and nurse has a mask that:

• DESTROYS small respiratory viruses spread via aerosol
• Is SAFE to handle after five minutes (the viruses tested were ineffective five minutes after exposure and completely destroyed after 30 minutes)
• REUSABLE
• 100% EFFECTIVE at preventing and spreading infection

...And it's a CHEAP, convenient process. Salt is plentiful.

This researcher believes this salt treatment would be effective with coronavirus -- same scientific principles apply.

I have a good friend that is a critical care nurse. Her hospital ran out of masks and she's been wearing a salt coated mask for 12 hour shifts. So far, so good. It's just a shame she has to make herself a guinea pig.

Personally, I think this study is conspicuously missing from the conversation. Mask shortages -- especially regular surgical masks -- shouldn't even be part of the conversation and it's a MAJOR problem. There is a solution that's better than making more one-time use masks.

The study is a great read, btw...as far as studies go: Universal and reusable virus deactivation system for respiratory protection

edit on 3/25/2020 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

a reply to: MotherMayEye

Depends on her politics, perhaps.

Blame the Chinese. Right? That's where all the masks went!

I would have asked who it was who told them to ship the masks to China. Because that makes no sense.

and if she did ask and was told corporate told her to because they purchased them, I bet you would have questioned that as well. Sometimes, begin that guy makes you look like ......that guy.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Couldn't read all this but it's quality content a reply to: RickyD

Why don't they at least recycle the PPE they do have by disinfecting it instead of throwing it away after use. Maybe good reasons why not ?
Steamed or bleached dried second hand mask has got to be better than no mask? Wash hazmat ?
They want to be using engineering controls of their own enhancing the shielding , alot of plastic sheeting kind of does the same thing o at least helps damp the spread of pnumonia sputum and diahorea . They probably are . They wrr told ' make nasks' . Cotton wool? Loo roll wrapped round mummy style ? And maybe spread out if there's no ventilators , you don't categorically need a conventional hospital , don't gather the sick like in the care homes and cruise ships because the bigger the initial infective dose the worse the illness and the quicker the spread. Quarantine them at airfields or somewhere that medics are safer .
If I remember right the war hospital at Netley Abbey Southampton which received troops coming back from ww1 with the Spanish flu learned to use exactly that technique, to spread them out not gather the sick.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Oh I didn't realize the hardware store had a "corporate." My local store is locally owned, family owned as a matter of fact. Has been since I was pretty little. Can't see how selling their inventory to China could make sense.

Pardon me for asking though.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

More than likely the same people who were responsible for not restocking the PPE and other items during the 0bama administration are still working there today.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

Got it.
'Bad Black Man'

NOW do Trump...

Don't have an intelligent answer to a sincere question?...Just scream "Racist"...and act proud.
So typical of the Left.

YOU...no surprise.
Phage...I used to expect better...though not so much these days.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Don't have an intelligent answer to a sincere question?...Just scream "Racist"...and act proud.

Nope. Not racist.
Colorist, perhaps. Orange man, black man.

Obama administration dropped the ball. Happy?

Trump administration had three years to pick it up. Apparently public health was low on the priority list.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Ksihkehe

Expired PPE should be disposed of and replaced.

Shocking, a site selling survival gear tells you to throw everything out when it expires.

The N95 expiration is specific to NIOSH certification. Unless there is degradation from improper storage there is no functional difference beyond that date. The most common thing to malfunction is the elastic from dessication, but even that depends on mask quality. It's still an effective barrier for people to wear while ill in public places and for non-commercial particulate filtering uses.

It's still a mask and there is no need for our money to go to landfills for no good reason.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Just the ticket , salt the masks.
Don't ask, just do it .
From above , Where Netley Abbey had success in the1918_9 pandemic it was in comparison to other treatment centres they couldn't easily communicate the technique as it was simply oneof the local hospital overseers idea. Alot of the victims were blind already and alot of wood was burned that winter to keep the patients warm , if I remember the story correctly the action saved more medics and more patients.

edit on 25-3-2020 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join