It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush nominates Griffin to head NASA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Former NASA Exploration Chief Gets Nod as Next NASA Administrator
By Brian Berger
Space News Staff Writer
posted: 11 March 2005
02:10 pm ET

Story updated at 4:38 p.m. EST

The White House confirmed Friday that President Bush intends to nominate Mike Griffin, head of the space department at Johns Hopkins University’s Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) to be the next NASA Administrator.

Griffin, a rocket scientist with an MBA, is a veteran aerospace executive who has held a variety of senior-level positions at the Pentagon, NASA and in industry. Word of Griffin’s nomination had first been reported earlier in the day by SPACE.com's sister publication Space News.

He is replacing former NASA chief administrator Sean O’Keefe who resigned last December citing personal and financial reasons for his decision. O'Keefe took a job as chancellor of Louisiana State University's Baton Rouge campus. He served three years as NASA's chief. At present, veteran shuttle astronaut Frederick Gregory has been acting as interim administrator.

Griffin’s nomination met with the immediate approval of several lawmakers who would have to work closely with him if he is confirmed by the Senate.

Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.), an influential member of the Senate Appropriations Committee who knows Griffin as the head of the space department at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Lab, said the president made “an outstanding choice

space.com...

www.nss.org...

washingtontimes.com...

planetary.org...

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Wow, Bush appointed someone that is actaully GOOD for the job?

From what I am hearing even people in NASA and JPL are looking forward to working under him

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I guess Bush is sticking to his guns on this one to. I'm impressed to say the least, and I am not a fan of Bush believe me

I really hope Congress give NASA the money it needs to implement the plan, but with things being the way they are in the Middle East I believe choosing someone close to the Private Sector was a very bright idea. Maybe we will be seeing a Billion Dollar Mars X-Prize
Okay maybe not that, but who knows... The Privatization of Nasa maybe?

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000 I'm impressed to say the least,

A high time to kick some imbecile butts out there

e
s

new topics

top topics

join