It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SICK Sweeping Gun Ban proposed H.R 5717

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This is what I've been waiting for - and dreading.

It was a dark stormy night - and what were the gun grabbers up to? Writing up this POS 'bill'...

H.R 5717

- National Federal Licence to purchase firearms OR AMO. (You will have to go to a class and pass a written and practical - and if you don't have this license you can imagine what will happen you felon you).

- 30% tax on all firearms (not including sales tax).

- 50% tax on ammo (this is BS!)!

- No more private transfers

- All guns registered will be linked to a person within 2 years.

- One gun a month policy.

Destruction of the 2nd Amendment

A bill submitted by Rep Hank ‘Guam-will-tip-over’ Johnson aims to infringe on the 2nd amendment with a plethora of new rules and regulations. HR 5717, or the “Gun Violence Prevention and Community Safety Act of 2020” is an extremely restrictive gun bill that has 18 sponsors so far. Instead of restricting criminals, it restricts ordinary citizens…the typical gun control bill.

The bill was referred to the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security on March 10. Of course, Congress has been a little busy of late, so whether it will go any further is anyone’s guess. The bill creates a national gun registry, among many other things.

Here's a vid about the bill:

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?

There's more information here if you'd like to find out Gun Owners of America

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
here in Texas the boys collect the big green plastic pipes.......12 inch...and caps to glue the ends....12 inch caps......

bury it with a backhoe......full of oiled weaponry

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Things like this are why the use a “virus” smokescreen.

It won’t pass and if it does; there will be repercussions

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
If it's time to bury them, it's time to use them.

Politicians who propose such obviously unconstitutional garbage should be held to their oaths.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Here's what everyone can do about it: contact your Reps and demand they table this immediately, no more discussion, no more support.

Link to the document

It's only been introduced as of January of this year. Contact your reps however you need to and remind them of the 2nd Amendment and the meaning of "Shall Not", and that November isn't that far away.

Normally I ignore things like this but in this particular time I believe it's even more important to be proactive and shut this one down.
edit on 22-3-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I got 12 already...jokes on them...

If they were smart they would tax the crap out of ammo and serial number each casing, and then say you can only have 10 bullets per gun...
edit on 22-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Don't give them any ideas!

And a 50% tax increase on ammo is just SICK!

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
This is what I've been waiting for - and dreading.

It was a dark stormy night - and what were the gun grabbers up to? Writing up this POS 'bill'...

H.R 5717

[snip]

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?

There's more information here if you'd like to find out Gun Owners of America

GRRRR

DEMAND THAT ALL SPONSORS BE TRIED FOR TREASON TO THE CONSTITUTION & EXECUTED ACCORDINGLY.

The only reason government corruptocrat Marxist globalists satanists want to grab your guns is that they are planning to do things to you, to the Constitution, to your freedoms of speech, assembly, information, movement ... for which they know you would execute them

edit on 2232020 by JoseGarcia because: forgot

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Yet it's suppression of rights to ask for a photo ID to vote.

Funny

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Contact your reps and tell them you need more money to keep Guam from tipping over.. tell them you need enough money to buy more guns and ammo to counteract Guam's tippage.

Good thing I already have guns and the such.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
They WHY of this:

-it's not because this is phase 23 of their plan to disarm America.

It's because they realize that the barn door is closing on gun control. probably for the next decade.

My local feed store (!) has processed 3000 "new gun-owner" purchase requests.

Since the first of march.

The tide is coming in. The proposed paperwork legislation will be completely impossible to enact by the first of may, due to societal chaos and shooting in the streets over the last of the toilet paper. This bill won't even come out of committee before then.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I was surprised to see this yesterday.

Police in Philly and other Pa. counties stop issuing license-to-carry permits to gun owners www.rawstory.com...

PHILADELPHIA — The coronavirus pandemic has led to a rush to purchase firearms and ammunition in the Philadelphia region and across Pennsylvania, leading to long lines at some gun shops. But the Philadelphia Police Department has shut down its gun-permits unit.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So I guess those crowds won't be armed, then? Whew! that was close...

[Edit to add]

That doesn't stop people, who always modify their behavior AROUND how their controllers try to control them. This just makes the LTC irrelevant.

edit on 22-3-2020 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JoseGarcia

Yeah, how about ideas that actually, oh I don't know, stand a chance of actually happening???

That this bill won't get out of the Senate, assuming for a moment it gets out of the House, is a virtual certainty. But this is where contacting your reps and threatening their jobs comes into play. Not them, 'cause that'll just get you arrested, their jobs.

should the worst occur, and it passes, I pity the idiots assigned to track down those evil guns...it won't be pretty in many cases.
edit on 3/22/2020 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I was surprised to see this yesterday.

Police in Philly and other Pa. counties stop issuing license-to-carry permits to gun owners www.rawstory.com...

PHILADELPHIA — The coronavirus pandemic has led to a rush to purchase firearms and ammunition in the Philadelphia region and across Pennsylvania, leading to long lines at some gun shops. But the Philadelphia Police Department has shut down its gun-permits unit.

Unbelievable.

Oh wait - this is America on Covid.

Believable.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Sorry to say, that wouldn't stop me from buying, or carrying, should I be so minded. The more they try to tighten the screws the more likely it is that people will go to "other" markets.

At the moment, I have a sufficiency of firearms for most any probably situation, and the skill to go with it.

edit on 3/22/2020 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Anyone who tries to confiscate firearms from Americans who have the right to defend themselves and their families need to be hung at the town square, at noon.... even before they hang me.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
DRT

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
DRT

That's one I don't know.

Want to help me out with this?

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I’ve never understood this debate to be honest. Being from another country. Do people really believe their guns at home would pose any kind of threat/opposition to a tyrannical government who has drones, nuclear weapons and an Arsenal strong enough to wipe out the entire world 100 times over.

I get wanting to have a gun to protect your property from unwanted intrusion, but this idea that you need them to fight the government just doesn’t make sense. The government is corrupt and doesn’t give a rats ass about you, that I agree, but if they wanted to # you up your guns will serve no purpose. I know my opinion is not welcomed and no I’m not a troll or a government shill. I just want to understand this debate better. Seriously.

edit on 22-3-2020 by macaronicaesar40 because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join