It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Lockdown Starting This Weekend

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: autom8

I feel bad for the elderly.

People really do not understand that most of them do not want to be isolated , or need us protecting them by shutting down a world they worked so hard to build.

Like we are just wasting everything.

Down the drain it all goes..

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: autom8
a reply to: solve

Not heard anything about why but your right, where I live in the UK there are a lot of elderly carrying on as if nothing is happening. The other half's grandparents are refusing to stay isolated even though she's offering to shop for them.

Theres a lot of that where I am too mate.
I have heard more than a few people say "i'm not going to let it affect my life"

BAD attitute IMO.
I can't really tell them its selfish-I don't feel like getting punched-but it is selfish because if you get sick needlessly when you could have stayed at home,then others may have to go without treatment/hospital beds.
Thats why I am trying to stay at home as much as I can anyway.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: StrangeQuark96

From hearing the news brief this evening I think anyone working in emergency services, healthcare and anyone else keeping the nation ticking over (i.e food, utilities) will be allowed to continue working. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if there were curfews in place.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

But you are forgetting that if a young patient needs medical help, they will let ten elderly patients die.

So they are not taking away treatment from others... In theory..

I am also just staying at home.. But the reason is depression from my business shutting down completely for an x amount of time and the car breaking down with no money to fix it.

But (SNIP) happens.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I agree, some of them don't have anyone else to check up on them either which is worrying. They have seen a lot of things change over their lifetimes and likely nothing like this (unless they were alive in 1918). Thing is, they don't understand that them getting ill has a knock on effect in terms of infecting others and putting a strain on healthcare as they are statistically the ones who need hospital treatment.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

That's true, but the average person infects approximately 2 others so that 1 elderly person could set the fate for 2 other people unnecessarily.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Aye..

But truth be told, i would not mind dying from this thing..

It happens, it happens.

edit on 18-3-2020 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

This would not surprise me at all. The social distancing is being flouted a lot. As a country we have always tried to do things by consent and not by force, those measures do not seem to be working though.
If you are in the UK, keep an eye on your local T.A. Facilities for increased presence. We have 2 in my city within 5 miles of my location. If you live near a main road or an "A Road" as we call them, look out for the traffic restrictions being enforced. If you live near a Police Station, Fire Station or Ambulance Station, look out for vehicles that do not belong there.
Key workers groups are being identified so their children can get childcare at the schools once the school shutdown begins on Friday, and all restrictions on HGV driver hours have been "relaxed" so they can work longer hours in the delivery network.
The most reliable mortality baseline we can use has to be Italy at 7.9%, China's number just can not be trusted (as I think we all know) and they seem to be ahead of the curve in Europe. London is being particularly focused upon and maybe only 2 weeks behind Italy in comparison to the rest of the country at an estimated 3-4 weeks.
Richer people expecting to '"self isolate" at their 2nd homes in Wales are being told to stay at home as they are not registered for medical care in the 2nd home regions.
In my city transport is switching to weekend service and we are being encourage to use contactless payments and not cash.
I would say we are well on the way to Lock down but I believe it will be along the French and Belgium models, if you are outside without "good cause" you will be "encouraged" to go home and the breach will be logged.
Be safe everyone.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I'm not paid until next Wednesday, and I've little left in the cupboard. May not go to work that day, if we are allowed to go to work, that is?

It's all panning out to many of the strategies in the film 'Contagion', the social distancing and that.
edit on 18/3/20 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
I'm not paid until next Wednesday, and I've little left in the cupboard. May not go to work that day, if we are allowed to go to work, that is?

It's all panning out to many of the strategies in the film 'Contagion', the social distancing and that.

Take whatever money you have and get to the store, if your cupboards are empty.

There is still time on this. But not a week, bro.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Just been on BBC 5 Live 22.30 news that an additional 20000 troops and reservists have been immediately put on "High Alert" to help support Law Enforcement.
It's on its way...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: NinjaCougar

I've had a few people say a lot of military movement today, specifically a large number of vehicles moving from Portsmouth. Not seen anything myself yet.

Mortality wise, I'd be surprised if this turns out to be over 1% and that will be predominantly the elderly and those with health conditions. I'm a data analyst by trade specifically in the NHS and insurance industries so have access to some interesting information. Italy has an aging population so their mortality will be higher than a lot of other countries around the world. Even then, the percentages are massively inaccurate as they are based on confirmed cases. The diamond princess cruise ship which docked in Japan provides our best indication of mortality as it meant an entire population (3500 people) were forcibly tested for Covid-19. So far 46.8% (333 out of 712) of those are asymptomatic so we could assume these would not request testing as they have no symptoms to indicate illness. Then you have to take into consideration the % of mild cases that would also not be reported. In total there are 7 deaths confirmed out of the 712 (0.98%). Finally the average age of those on cruise ships tend to be older so looking at existing data, you'd expect that figure to be higher than in a normal population. Not saying that's an exact figure but based on our models it's a fair assumption that up to 100,000 may be infected as of today in the UK.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: StrangeQuark96
I deliver pizza to hungry families in the city, I have to use my car to do this, how am i to go about this apparent lockdown? be told to go home by police?
Your just about screwed then... and there needs to be some sort of monetary subsistence or program to help legit outside venders like you. It will become a nationwide need everywhere, every nation, sharing the pain, and helping until it is not a virulent issue. Good luck my friend, hope you can survive

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I also came on here after hearing from a number of sources about this and seen pics of military vehicles equipment and Tanks movieing up British motorways. No word on N.Ireland yet but were due to come out of a 7 day lockdown on friday due to my daughter being expsed to her teacher who was sent homesick and went into isolation. This is the last thing we need to hear here right now.

For anyone that knows of the history of the N.Ireland troubles you will know hwat I mean and the backalsh ict could entail

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
KKLOCO:

Take whatever money you have and get to the store...

I wish I could matey, but I can't. I live month to month, didn't think armageddon would happen between pay days. Just hope they don't turn off the internet and the phones and the electric, once they have us all in our homes. The things they could do then if they wanted?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: emeraldfox02

I've heard similar, but the "tank" video on the motorway that is doing the rounds at the moment is a fake news video I think.

If you look closely at the car it was filmed from you can see that the date on the display is 16th May (I can't make out the year) and the outside temp is 14.5 degrees at 7:30(pm?) in March?
edit on 18/3/2020 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Fingers crossed my friend, thanks for the insight.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
There's a build up of military vehicle's around 15 mins from where i live (Lancashire). Right near a large shopping complex with eateries restaurant's and good old Asda and Tesco's. Heard it was coming a few days ago so no surprise here. Maybe they have a delivery of toilet rolls who knows ☺️

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
TheDoctor46:

There's a build up of military vehicle's around 15 mins from where i live (Lancashire).

I'm in East-Lancashire where are you? Y'know, I thought I heard something early Wednesday morning, but didn't go check to see.
edit on 18/3/20 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
They haven't thought this military involvement through well.

People will flock to see the servicemen and their toys. They always do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join