It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helicopter Money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I'm not trying to start a revolution here, just hear me out.

So it's being proposed, and part of the "Pandemic Stimulus Act of 2020"(I know it's not called that, but still) to send Americans checks for 1k or whatever..

Free dough for everyone.

I remarked in another thread that this coronavirus will be used as an excuse to do A LOT damage to practically everything.

The government has decided, without voting and minimal discussion, that our hard earned taxpayer dollars should go to bailing out ENTIRE industries.

You know, because capitalism is just a word..🙄

We can't stop it....it's going to happen.

Ok, well, if they want to use the coronavirus as an excuse, why can't we?? Just hear me out..

Bills be damned....stop paying them. Companies and energy providers are already deferring payments for a few months, I'm sure more will follow.

Honestly, what are they gunna do about it?

WE'RE IN A CRISIS, RIGHT?

Same mentality as the government and FED, "What are the people going to do about it? We're in a crisis!!"

Right???

I tell you what they think is going to happen. They're hoping all of us "responsible" people will catch up on our bills, meaning they get a double dip bailout, and with our money AGAIN no less.

Diabolical BS.

So here's my idea. Let them send those checks out and instead of being goody two shoes perfect citizen, you gather everyone you know and you combine that money and start something amongst yourselves.

A business, a collective, a community profit sharing upstart..SOMETHING other than returning YOUR money back to them and essentially having ZERO to show for it.

We are being given an extraordinary opportunity here, most likely the last, and we gotta be SMART.

If we actually played it right, they would have to send us MORE.(Probably happen anyway, but still)

Can you imagine the possibilities? I mean seriously ponder what could actually be accomplished.

That's my idea, and I'm telling all I know and am close to about it and they're pretty much in so far!

Feel free to share your ideas!
edit on 3/17/2020 by EternalShadow because: correction, eta

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Oh, ok. Don't pay my electricity?? Yea sure I suppose. I'll just redirect to more toilet paper I guess. When everyone begging for TP, I'm goi g to TP their houses.

He with the most tp shall be King Cornholio.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Does the virus make people exceedingly dumb? By some of these threads it sure seems so.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Here in California, PG&E announced they will not be shutting off power to those that can't pay at this time. Meaning, that bill money could be added to the kitty too!

edit on 3/17/2020 by EternalShadow because: edit

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
Does the virus make people exceedingly dumb? By some of these threads it sure seems so.

I can't call it, but ALL calamities have been shown to make people resourceful and resilient.

But I like your idea though.

What was it again?🤔
edit on 3/17/2020 by EternalShadow because: correction, eta

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Yes exactly what we know is uncool. Glad you made a thread, bud

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
If people knew what was good for them they’d take that $1000, get a passport and get the hell out of this country while airplane tickets are cheap.

When all it takes is a threat of a virus to tank the economy we’re living on borrowed time.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I got my neighbors to pledge their checks to me, I'm going to purchase a used RV, hire a brilliant high school chemistry teacher and corner the market on methamphetamines.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Lol.
I hear ya!

I would imagine the criminal element receiving their "bailout" and either starting, or reinforcing a drug selling operation. I mentioned folks are resourceful and resilient, not always ethical however.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

That's what I was thinking too. I mean how are we going to walk out of this?

Just a, "Whew, I made it!" Or have something to show for it?

These industries with their hat in hand are going to walk out of this pretty level, WITH OUR MONEY,....what about us?

We're being ripped off....again.

So I'm done being coerced into BELIEVING bailouts are in my best interest.

If the checks transpire, I'm going to use it VERY wisely. Others in my group as well.

edit on 3/18/2020 by EternalShadow because: correction, eta

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

YEP! In times such as these the criminal element not only survives, it actually thrives.
As with most things in nature, it all comes down to adaptability.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

If i'm sent 1k i will be using it to get a novel I wrote professionally edited. That will greatly help my chances on getting it published.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Perfect!

That's a great idea, I wish you mucho success!💯

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   

The Bank of England just dropped their interest rates to............................ 0.1%! Holy smoke they must be seriously concerned about something!

new topics

top topics

join