It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most of the Cookware is Not From China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I was just buying some spring break stuff at Walmart. Waterguns and bubble blaster for the beach, a chess/checkers and tic-tac toe set for the house. I figured I should get some cookware too since my pans are all old n stuff.

I got me a pre-seasoned small pan made in the USA. As I was looking at the rest of the aisle, I noticed during my browse that virtually none of them were made in China. Made in the USA , Brazil, Vietnam and Thailand. But not China. I see a similar trend in the apparal section. It's not all made in the USA yet, but at least less and less is made in China.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

The tare on items like that often make it less expensive to manufacture here than overseas and then transship to the United States.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Made In The USA is misleading. Some rules state they can use the label if a certain percentage is made in the US. This could mean something as simple as screwing on one part and boxing it up while the rest of the parts are from overseas. Basically a scam.

If one wants products made exclusively in the US these are generally not sold in WalMart or Target. Way out of their price point for consumers but normally primo quality that will last much longer.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Made In The USA is misleading.

Not, it isn't, it's pretty straight forward. It means assembled in the United States with most parts originating in the United States.

This shows the breakdown.

edit on 17-3-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but he does have Corona

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Yes I did see a few items that will say assembled in the USA with imported parts
Of course the pan I bought only has one part, the pan. So I am fairly comfortable in speculating no imported parts.

top topics

join