It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Maryland Murder a legal gun owner on March 12, 2020?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Potomac, Maryland

ABC reports the suspect was allegedly killed in his sleep here:
abcnews.go.com...

excerpt:

“He was a talented, smart guy. Super nice. Didn’t deserve to get shot,” said Samuel Reid, whose Canadian software company employed Lemp as an independent contractor.

More details here that borrows from the ABC story:
www.activistpost.com...

According to police, at approximately 4:30 am on March 12, members of the Special Operations Division – Tactical Unit were in the process of serving a high-risk search warrant related to firearms offenses at an address in the 12200 block of St. James Road in Potomac. During the warrant service, the suspect confronted the officers and was fatally shot by an officer assigned to the Tactical Unit.

Despite police claiming the warrant was high risk, Lemp’s family, who says they read the warrant, claim it said nothing about a high risk. What’s more, Lemp and his girlfriend who was also shot during the raid, have no criminal record, according to his family.

Police claim Lemp was not allowed to possess the firearms he owned, so they raided his house to take them.

the LEO's are claiming illegal possession here but there is ample argument against that.

In the process, according to Rene Sandler, an attorney for the family, police opened fire through an outside window and murdered Lemp and shot his girlfriend as they slept.

According to ABC, Sandler said the family believes police fired gunshots, not a flashbang or other projectile, from outside the home, including through Lemp’s bedroom window, while he and his girlfriend were sleeping. Nobody in the home heard any warnings or commands before police opened fire, she said.

“There is no warrant or other justification that would ever allow for that unless there is an imminent threat, which there was not,” Sandler said.

“The facts as I understand them from eyewitnesses are incredibly concerning,” she told The Associated Press.

The LEO's are doing their job, supposedly but shoot an unarmed man in his sleep and are "crawfishing" as they say in the South, backing up with their claws threatening. This may never get solved but the issue of illegal gun ownership is getting out of hand in favor of the Nanny state and not in favor of the free walking citizens according to some unelected members of the gov trying to lord over people.

I have lost faith in the FBI to investigate this fairly after years of trying to forgive them for failing us so miserably with JFK, RFK and MLK. AG Barr has got to take action and encourage a fair investigation.

edit on 15-3-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
So, what I've heard of this is that this guy was a very smart guy who was developing software that would allow militias to communicate. They are also reporting that his dad turned him in and they used red flag law. But, supposedly that is not the truth...just an excuse for the govt to take him out and that they began shooting into the home where he lived with his girlfriend and parents with no warning. I wish I had some legit sources on the software part but I don't know that it would be possible to get that if they want it kept quiet. Maybe someone else will have something there.
edit on 15-3-2020 by JourneyAbout because: Add detail.

edit on 15-3-2020 by JourneyAbout because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
*Puts on tinfoil hat for a moment*

He worked with militias, militias typically dont listen well when it concerns big brother, everyone is concerned about the virus so perfect distraction time to take out a key part of the militias communication network with little worry of it being blasted from sea to shining sea.

I would expect to see some articles talking about how dangerous and racist militias are in the coming days as well.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Maryland has had it's "red flag" gun laws on the books since Oct 2018. I didn't see in the articles if that was what the search warrant was for, if he had been red flagged or not, but it seems like it.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

His dad supposedly said something that the Red Flag law was used, I do believe. This is against the 2nd I don't see how it can ever be otherwise to deny a free citizen their natural rights.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

He wouldn't be the first to be shot by the police because of the red flag laws there, he may be the second to have died while being "served" a warrant though.

From CBS News Source

November 5, 2018
FERNADALE, Md. (WJZ) — A 61-year-old man is dead after he was shot by an officer trying to enforce Maryland’s new ‘red flag’ law in Ferndale Monday morning.

edit on 15-3-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Corrections

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I am for FORMER felons who are off probation, being given their rights back when it is all said and done. If you are allowed to be free you should be allowed protection. Repeat offenders will get no special exemptions until they are cleared of all charges and probation to clarify.

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

He wouldn't be the first to be shot by the police because of the red flag laws there, he may be the second to have died while being "served" a warrant though.

From CBS News Source

November 5, 2018
FERNADALE, Md. (WJZ) — A 61-year-old man is dead after he was shot by an officer trying to enforce Maryland’s new ‘red flag’ law in Ferndale Monday morning.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I got a felony (for 9 months, it was changed to a misdemeanor after completing "mental health probation") for "resisting arrest. I am a 53 year old female with disabilities......after I was released early (I had been "sentenced" to 18 months probation.....for having a seizure......anyhow, I digress.....I got all my rights back (except I cannot find a decent job now thanks to that initial felony....I worked 30 years in healthcare before this nightmare!), EXCEPT I cannot own, be near (or probably think about) a gun.....for 2 years...then I can "re-apply to get THAT right back...….that being said, I have a mental illness on top of severe PTSD (from childhood trauma mostly) and would NEVER buy a gun.....BUT...under the law, if my HUSBAND wanted to own a gun.....he couldn't....because I would get another felony.....for possession of a firearm.....because my HUSBAND owned a gun.....my lawyer explained this to me and I was like "WTF?" The laws are pretty geared for you to be forever in the loop of the (UN) justice system.....

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This is why I consider these things. My sincere sympathy.

I call BS on those A Holes and we need to come together soon to end the treason against the COTUS being done to free people.

This isn't partisan here. No, this is totalitarians gaining power and we can't allow it. The Fake R's that lie to their constituents have aided the enemy as much as the Democrat party. Only a few of the R's and none of the D's will be worthy of avoiding the Gallows if this were happening in the 17th Century.

originally posted by: Cornczech

I got a felony (for 9 months, it was changed to a misdemeanor after completing "mental health probation") for "resisting arrest. I am a 53 year old female with disabilities......after I was released early (I had been "sentenced" to 18 months probation.....for having a seizure......anyhow, I digress.....I got all my rights back (except I cannot find a decent job now thanks to that initial felony....I worked 30 years in healthcare before this nightmare!), EXCEPT I cannot own, be near (or probably think about) a gun.....for 2 years...then I can "re-apply to get THAT right back...….that being said, I have a mental illness on top of severe PTSD (from childhood trauma mostly) and would NEVER buy a gun.....BUT...under the law, if my HUSBAND wanted to own a gun.....he couldn't....because I would get another felony.....for possession of a firearm.....because my HUSBAND owned a gun.....my lawyer explained this to me and I was like "WTF?" The laws are pretty geared for you to be forever in the loop of the (UN) justice system.....

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

No, Maryland didnt.

The "just following orders", "just doing our job" police did.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I think the odds are very good that that will, indeed, happen.

'cause, covering their asses.

So, that Red Flag law claims another victim. I feel so much safer now.

Irregardless of the fact that this guy worked with militia, he wasn't doing anything wrong by witness accounts. Is sleeping "confronting" now... He must have been one hell of a snorer then.

If he did have a criminal record of felonies, I should think it'll come out very soon. I wonder why it hasn't already?? Because maybe, just maybe, there isn't one...

Remember folks, trust in the govt., they're here to protect us from bad guys. Who protects us from them??

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Irregardless of the fact that this guy worked with militia, he wasn't doing anything wrong by witness accounts. Is sleeping "confronting" now... He must have been one hell of a snorer then.

If he did have a criminal record of felonies, I should think it'll come out very soon. I wonder why it hasn't already?? Because maybe, just maybe, there isn't one...

Remember folks, trust in the govt., they're here to protect us from bad guys. Who protects us from them??

If they haven't publicly destroyed him by now, there is probably nothing they have on him.

Special Operations Division – Tactical Unit

Nice..the goon squad, bunch of cowboys that throw flashbangs into baby cribs then shrug it off. These guy are the hammer, and everyones a nail.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I am telling you between dictator powers being grabbed by some politicians (that I am SURE they will give back), feel good laws that allow the police to murder you in your sleep, and the possibility that this virus could wreck the socio-economic balance in the world, I am more nervous now that ever before.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
You are exactly right Vonclod, they are the hammer and someone needs to grab the handle away from them forever on the subject of free people being able to exercise the 2nd, IMO.

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: seagull

If they haven't publicly destroyed him by now, there is probably nothing they have on him.

Special Operations Division – Tactical Unit

Nice..the goon squad, bunch of cowboys that throw flashbangs into baby cribs then shrug it off. These guy are the hammer, and everyones a nail.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Agreed.

Looks like Ben Franklin had it right.

Distrust and caution are the parents of security.

Give up our freedoms for some perceived sense of security...false security.

When those whose job it is to protect us, can, without cause, attack us when we're sleeping--something is drastically wrong.
edit on 3/15/2020 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yup I mentioned something similar in another thread fool me once (patriot act) and I will never bit from that apple again.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I fear we get vigilante in a "Purge" movie style takeout. We must do this legally or else we are no better than them and they are playing the system under the table. Once we agree on a fair punishment of these fools we can move on to a better world.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I half bought into that sh** after 9/11, too. Patriot Act and all. More fool I.

That apple won't ever tempt me again.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Agreed, again...

That man was a victim of voter stupidity and apathy, and Law Enforcement, as a whole, run amok with power.

Not just cops. Not just judges. Not just any one group. All of 'em.

I can't help but wonder how Daddy feels right now??

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Thanks to those who came to offer their opinions on this important matter. I see the this material from the OP has matriculated to ATS threads. That we know about it was the goal. We can't act properly if we are left ignorant of the facts intentionally or otherwise.
edit on 16-3-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join