It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power just went out, what perfect timing!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
So on the second evening of panic beginning to set in from all this corona crap the power just went out in the entirety of the town i live in.

What perfect timing! Been here for 2 years and this is the first outage we've had.

So here i sit, piles of toilet paper, packs of water, food beginning the slow defrost in the freezer.

In the dark.

At least i have candles, and it's not particularly cold out. Hopefully it comes on soon, the phones at 12 percent, im about out of beer and the carryout down the street is offline.

Starting to feel a lot more apocalyptic around here lol.

Stay safe all

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Care to share your area, roughly, with regard to a major metro area?

I don't believe utility service disruption has been much, if any of an issue, with regard to this event.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   

What general geographic location are you? If you’re in the states. Tornado alley, west coast (earthquakes), east coast (hurricanes), get a generator.

Kinda too late at this point but for the future.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   

There's some strange things going on in specific areas of the country this weekend. I heard two large jets take off from Ohare, one after the other, and make a left turn that passenger jets never make. (Cloudy tonight.)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

There's some strange things going on in specific areas of the country this weekend. I heard two large jets take off from Ohare, one after the other, and make a left turn that passenger jets never make. (Cloudy tonight.)

It's known as the calm before the storm.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Don’t you have a car charger in your Bentley ?
edit on 14-3-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Not that those areas are isolated, been thru ice storms which took down power lines in Arkansas too. My generator was 900 from Harbor Freight. It’s awesome.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Zaphod would be a good resource if you’re curious on those planes.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   
All I read was, you're almost out of beer.

JESUS MAN! You stocked toilet paper and not beer?

Not sure why power would be out in Toledo but can't imagine it Coronavirus related...I think you'll be ok.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   
It is interesting you mention this. I also live near a “major” airport in NE Oklahoma, and have been hearing jets and cargo planes taking off and landing between the regular airline flights that usually come in. You can really hear the difference between the big cargo planes, the regular jet liners, and the smaller and meaner looking jets. I have no idea what kind any of them are, but I have also been wondering if something out of the ordinary going on.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I should have thought of that, too. He has an answer for everything that flies, it seems.

a reply to: litterbaux

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I assume he is in Toledo OH or that's what his location says, Minor outages in the Cleveland area less than 1500 homes that get First Energy

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: carewemust

It's known as the calm before the storm.

There are probably quite a few power outages and curfews this weekend.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Benderisfunny
It's too bad we have low clouds tonight. Would have loved to see what type of large jets bank/turn so sharply, and make the ground rumble a bit when picking up altitude/speed the way those two did.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:29 AM
link   

flightaware ?? - or other flight tracker apps - that relay the transponder position to a computer server

link

it doesnt show all aircraft - but almost all commercial - a lot of govt and some military

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Power came back on a few min ago, i dont think it had anything to do with the current events. Just really creepy timing. Prob a car hit a pole or a transformer blew.

Im near toledo in a suburb, the whole town went dark, but i could see lights in the distance and my daughter in a neighboring town still had power.

Ill tell ya what though, after the last 2 days of hearing about the panic, seeing empty shelves in the stores, to suddlenly be left in the dark was spooky as hell.

Lucky for me i had my boafeng handy and put on coast to coast to ease my mind. Ian punnet was talking to a guy who was basicly saying were all gonna die.

So that was nice.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Don’t you have a car charger in your Bentley ?

I sold the Bentley a while back, im saving up for a mclaren 720s. With my midlife crisis setting in its time for something sporty.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux

Not that those areas are isolated, been thru ice storms which took down power lines in Arkansas too. My generator was 900 from Harbor Freight. It’s awesome.

I cant say enough good about the gensets at harbor freight. I have an 8000 watt unit from them that has served me for years with no issues. Im in an apartment currently though otherwise ida been running it no doubt.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 02:51 AM
link   
My power went out about an hour or so ago for about 5 min.

I'm in PA near Erie.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Just imagine what it would do to a McLaren off road . Lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join