It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we being replaced by automation...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Sorry no link just a supposition, have we useless eaters finally been replaced, can't help but shake the feeling.

None of what's happening makes any sense, I just know it doesn't sit right.

With the globe shutting down operations I cant turn off my spidey senses and the feeling of impending doom...

edit on 13-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   
We probably will be, not fully because there are a lot of things automation can't do now (or in the near future) that humans will still be needed for. But I do suspect that when covid19 runs it's course there will be a push for robot tech.

Many states have been pushing this STEM initiative for close to 10 years with a lot of young people focusing on robotics. I'm sure some of this is to help produce a large group of people that will become robotic engineers to make new types of automation.
It's not necessarily a bad thing but we just need to be aware of just how much automation we want in our lives

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Are we being replaced by automation...

Yes.
It started with the automobile industry.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Have the same feeling.

These dark times just happen to coincide with the awakening of AI... whatever that is. Somehow I don't think robots dream of electronic sheep.

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

Plans like this have a habit of failing due to insanity.

We have unlimited potential.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

If you suggesting Coronavirus scare was done for automation to take our place - not sure about that one..

But not to worry, its coming.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

If you suggesting Coronavirus scare was done for automation to take our place - not sure about that one..

It's most certainly what I'm suggesting.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   
My instinct also says that's exactly what is happening. There is something they are not telling us. That's obvious. We do have reached the point of extreme overpopulation and advanced AI/Robotics. With 90% of the world gone they can effectively create their beautifull self-fulfilled slave paradise prophecy. Guess what book that's from..

They might even already have a whole army of robots ready to keep order among the slaves. Who knows how advanced they really are behind the scenes.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
So if all the consumers are gone are these automotons gonna be spendin their own paychecks instead??

edit on 13-3-2020 by Osirisvset because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Yes.

And the only person that had a plan for that was andrew yang.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Osirisvset

The only plan given is to tax the companies that use the robots and set up a ubi for all americans. That way the circle of consume and spend will continue.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Asgaard

The robots are the slaves though. Not the people.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: primalfractal
Have the same feeling.

These dark times just happen to coincide with the awakening of AI... whatever that is. Somehow I don't think robots dream of electronic sheep.

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

Plans like this have a habit of failing due to insanity.

We have unlimited potential.

We'd never know if plans like this fail, we've never had AI and robots capable of articulate human like ceaseless work.

If it makes me coffee in the morning, and can make a sammich, hell, I'll marry the darn thing.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Automation and robotics are some of the reasons we should cease almost all immigration to America.

There will be fewer and fewer jobs available as humans are replaced in many different occupations. Not all will be replaced, but millions more people will become unemployable.

They may be fine, hardworking people — highly skilled and educated in some cases — but unable to compete with robots and automated machines.

Truck drivers, e.g., will almost certainly become less in demand, even though there’s a serious shortage of them at the moment.

So why are we continuing to import 1-2 million more people each year when we’re already hard pressed to provide jobs for those we have now?

Stupid me! I just remembered why we must continue our present policy: We’re a nation of immigrants, diversity is our strength and it would be racist to halt immigration.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Asgaard

The robots are the slaves though. Not the people.

Sure, but robots have no feelings, emotions or real independant thoughts. The whole 'Singularity' aka AI consciousness is simply not feasable. From neither religious or materialistic viewpoints.

The few left usefull people on the other hand... It won't be a paradise for them, that's for sure.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: nOraKat

It's most certainly what I'm suggesting.

That's ridiculous. They don't need a virus to fire people and replace them with automation.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Working in securing automation environments, we're not quite there yet. 5-10 years, it is possible that a good portion of the workforce will be automated. If you do not have a skill set that can adapt to that environment, it may be a fairly grim time for you.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

We've been getting replaced for decades now. Welcome to the party?

*Humorously, lots of people still believe their jobs "can't" be done by a robot or an algorithm. Only about 10-percent are "right" (especially most white-collar workers).

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
One of the main things I do at my job is facilitate automation of Collaboration solutions.

I can tell you that average person has a much different idea of what automation is vs what the reality of it is.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BerkshireEntity
We probably will be, not fully because there are a lot of things automation can't do now (or in the near future) that humans will still be needed for. But I do suspect that when covid19 runs it's course there will be a push for robot tech.

Many states have been pushing this STEM initiative for close to 10 years with a lot of young people focusing on robotics. I'm sure some of this is to help produce a large group of people that will become robotic engineers to make new types of automation.
It's not necessarily a bad thing but we just need to be aware of just how much automation we want in our lives

What happens to the big company that employs automation, when the majority of their customers don't have jobs because they've been automated?

If people don't have income how are they gonna buy anything?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

Credits. Latinum seems the way to go.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join