It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid 19 Family wont listen!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
So I have been following this virus and threads from the beginning. My GF who is a health insurance underwriter is in denial.

When I told here a month ago to move here 401'k money to cash/money market she blew me off.

When I went out and bought supplies she ridiculed me.

Yesterday I told her to ask her company about a work from home option and her response was "Its just the flu"

Anyone else have a live in partner who is in denial and how are you getting the point across?

side note NBA shut down their season, stock market futures are set to implode, and Trump just shut down all travel from Europe.

Im a realtor in S FLorida and client fly in all the time for all parts of the US but Im shutting down my activities for 30-60 days. In last 2 days I have showm 12 homes to a buyer who flew here from other area's. One seller was home and she looked very ill, coughing, sneezing and pale.

Taking into consideration one can be infectious for days or weeks without symptoms Im done gambling!
edit on 11-3-2020 by sirlancelot because: added info

Many clients are in the medical field and most thus far tell me that this isnt so bad and put much faith in the CDC. Personally I think the CDC has dropped the ball.

Worst part is my Friday golf skins game is full of Northerners and so now that is out.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
So you’ve bought into the hype, huh?

Good luck with that.

Biz as usual for me.

I used to live in fear. Not anymore. I’ll be posting here for years.

Laughing at all those that threw away their lives for a couple months over this media contrived madness.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

My wife just doesn't want to hear it.

I know plenty of people that think it is no worse than the flu and it will go away in warm weather.

Surprise, it is summer in Australia and pretty hot in Qutar and it is spreading.... so, you know.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
How many people are worried about being sued over you getting corona and not you getting corona?

What's your GF company doing? If they are preparing to pay out the wazoo, that's a bad sign, if they are rolling along without worrying about future costs, then it like people who say the oceans going to rise and then buy million dollar beach front property...i am typing to you Obama
edit on 11-3-2020 by SocratesJohnson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Good luck with that.

Biz as usual for me.

Laughing at all those that threw away their lives for a couple months over this media contrived madness.

Yeah, I watched the president change his tone. I also heard him say things that many here have argued against.

I think you are gonna have to get a different saying. The whole "media contrived madness", thing is kinda played out.

I don't think that multi billion dollar businesses give a damn what the media says.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Probably an ignorant question but why move 401k to cash or money market because of this?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

We will see.

One thing I know — this will never live up to its hype.

If you hope otherwise, I feel sorry for you.

Me, you, everyone else, will not live a short life because of this ‘virus’.

And a HUGE 🍻 to that!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
Probably an ignorant question but why move 401k to cash or money market because of this?

Because the market has already gone down 20% - could have not lost that if you moved it to cash before it happened.

I almost did the first day it was down 800 - but decided not to at the last minute, which I feel stupider for now everyday.

Probably too late to do it now, unless this gets a lot worse.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

If you hope otherwise, I feel sorry for you. 

My posts speak for themselves.

Me, you, everyone else, will not live a short life because of this ‘virus’. 

I never said we are all gonna die.

We will see indeed.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Good luck with that.

Biz as usual for me.

More like I have bought into the facts! From the start a 30 something old doctor died from it, much later 2 out of 10 people infected in my state died. So much more concerning things are happening so there is all that. I prefer to be prepared now so dont have to panic later. In my business I dont have the luxury to vet everyone I come into contact with.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

is the president's change of tune because

Trump is a great leader and getting his leader on?
or
Trump is an A-hole but a great politician and he's getting his politician on
or
Trump is a great leader and politician who changed his tune so he can get reelected

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Yesterday I told her to ask her company about a work from home option and her response was "Its just the flu"

The irony is that it’s all these healthy people who don’t believe it’s that bad who will walk around spreading it to everyone it kills.

Because to them it’s just the regular flu.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

is the president's change of tune because

Trump is a great leader and getting his leader on?
or
Trump is an A-hole but a great politician and he's getting his politician on
or
Trump is a great leader and politician who changed his tune so he can get reelected

I understand you want to turn this into a partisan debate. Good luck with that.

Take from it what you will.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

It's looking like it will be worse than the Hong Kong Flu. So, more than a million people over a three year period will probably die.

The way I see it is, you can't take the money with you if you die. If society collapses, it will be worthless.

Might as well pump all your money into the market while it's low, so when it recovers, and you survive, you make out like a bandit.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I have found that people normally never listen until it knocks on their doorstep

to all those who have been blowing this off, I hope youre prepared, because its about to start knocking.

Unless you figure that guys my age dont matter, or the fact that overwhelming the hospitals is nothing.

Good luck on your emergency surgery , or having a room in ICU if you get in an accident.

Italy is a first world country, and they are seeing the exact thing because they are having to triage those who are seriously ill with the virus in operating theaters instead of intensive care because THEY HAVE NO ROOM

Stop

Treating this

Like its nothing

You dont have to have a life threatening issue for it to kill you , We use to die of simple infections because we didnt have the meds or the means to treat it

if you cant get the care you need you can die, remember that.
edit on 11-3-2020 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Are you in the targeted age group?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Denial of what , exactly ?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
As was asked above, why would you want your gf to move 401k funds?
Please do not take this the wrong way, but that statement indicates your state of mind.
No offense intended, truly.

Not sure what you mean by supplies, it can be easy to go overboard.
Preparing w/ extra food and supplies, like prescription meds, pain relievers, TUSSIN DM (hint hint) all makes sense.
End of the world power outages, water shortages, etc. just aren’t going to happen.

I still have gear, ammo reloading presses, etc. left from y2k.
I started prepping for that in 1995.
Hn51, swine flu, assault weapons ban, gun confiscation, nibiru.

2012!!! End of the world!
Mayans predicted!

It’s all come and gone,
have trust, it ain’t gonna be as bad as “they” are making it out to be.

ETA: My family and I now live in the middle of nowhere, and could quite easily go for months w/o seeing anyone, so I guess it’s easy for me to preach.
Do what you feel necessary.
edit on 11-3-2020 by Oaktree because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
So remember a month ago, when Covid-19 mortality was projected to be less than 1% ?

A couple of weeks ago, without admitting it, the authorities started saying "less than two percent" like it was the same number they kept throwing around.

What is the number in nations that have been impacted for more than 3 weeks?

Four point six percent.

ourworldindata.org. they use W.H.O. stats.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Oaktree

End of the world power outages, water shortages, etc. just aren’t going to happen

Until it does

not saying this is, but your previous statement about being "too prepared" is BS

Im 68 years old

My father and my grandfather all had YEARS of prep ready just in case

For my Grandfather when the "end of the world" Depression hit, they thrived, and were able to help people around them because they were "over prepared"

No offense, but your statement is foolish and not true

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join