It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not a fan of day light savings, changing the clocks....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ellie Sagan
Yeah, I hate it too! It's ridiculous that we hang on to it. It's not natural. I prefer that we would live life in sync with our natural world. Honestly, I wish I didn't have to work after sunset, as I use the computer and it messes with melatonin production. I've actually thought of trying to rearrange my schedule, but I'm busy all day and night it seems! Maybe I can just try it for a little while, sacrifice some things to make it work. But! This DST crap has to go.

It sure doesn't feel natural....I feel like I have my body in sync with falling asleep when it gets dark and waking when it gets light.

The hour change throws this off...

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
It is "Daylight Saving Time" not "Daylight Savings Time"

Either will do:

Daylight saving time (DST), also daylight savings time or daylight time (United States and Canada) and summer time (United Kingdom,
Source

There is no reason to insist on YOUR favorite definition.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
As a school child I would always stare at the clock waiting for class to be over.

One day while staring at the clock in my classroom I thought to myself, "Now wouldn't that be a smart place to put a mind control device..."

Your gripe with time reminds me of Carlin.
youtu.be...

A broken clock is right twice a day but you can never set your microwave to cook for 100 seconds.
edit on 7-3-2020 by Psilocyborg because: Carlin gets his dues

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

My four Huskies are the alarm clocks in my house.

They wake up about 30 minutes after it gets light in the house.

They have it just about right.

They used to get up at 6:30 am. Slowly they have moved to wake up being 7:30 am and I was enjoying it. Now I am going to have to change the time, so now the clock will say 8:30, but by their clock it will say 7:30 am. Come Fall they will change it back to 6:30am.

It will take me about 2 weeks to adjust.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Gothmog
It is "Daylight Saving Time" not "Daylight Savings Time"

Either will do:

Daylight saving time (DST), also daylight savings time or daylight time (United States and Canada) and summer time (United Kingdom,
Source

There is no reason to insist on YOUR favorite definition.

Not according to Robin of the Teen Titans...

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
All this "daylight savings time" stuff does is annoy me. We need to stop F-ing with time.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth
Consider your own internal sleep clock when it would spring forward still woke up at the time when set back it was like loosing a hour of internal sleep time. I am old enough to remember life as a kid with no day light savings time. Going to the driveins around 7 in the evenings rather than 9 at night. Going to school when it was dark and having some playtime in the winter after school. I literally hate daylight savings time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join