It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grocery Shoppers with Masks in New Jersey.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Today I went to Walmart to get just a couple of things on my way back home, I read somewhere that they sell fishing licenses. A guy told me the machine (I guess the one that prints the licenses) broke down.

I also wanted some water. Then, by the groceries area, I saw for my very first time a person with a mask with a cart full of stuff to the top. 2 minutes later, a second one. then a third one. Other people buying great amounts of toilet paper.

That was a "Oh $h!t" moment, called my wife and told her I'll get my kart loaded too. Workers constantly reloading the water section. I got 4 big packs and 2 gallons. In the canned food section, I also saw workers trying to reload the shelves fast. Some items were not available, got tuna, beans and those little hot dogs in a can. No problem with fresh items like meat or eggs.

I mean, it's Wednesday and it got pretty intense. I'd say the weekend grocery shopping will be a nightmare in many places. Please don't panic but don't sit and wait until you run out of all you need for you and your family.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

My neighbors are stocked up which means I am stocked up.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I don't have too much but I'd be happy to share with you a can of beans and a few items if all goes to hell. Just let me know

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Then, by the groceries area, I saw for my very first time a person with a mask with a cart full of stuff to the top. 2 minutes later, a second one. then a third one. Other people buying great amounts of toilet paper.

That was a "Oh $h!t" moment, called my wife and told her I'll get my kart loaded too.

Then someone looks at you and you loading your cart, goes “Oh $h!t” and loads up their cart. Then someone sees them and does the same thing. Then again, and again, and again...

Next thing you know we’re naked covered with mud screaming in gibberish hunting goats with a spear in what used to be a Costco. This is how empires fall.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
We have about six six packs of paper towel in stock almost all the time, last good sale, we had ten of them we bought. Getting them on a good sale saves lots of money. We have about four twelve packs of Toilet paper in stock. A little on the low side, but there hasn't been a good sale in a while on TP. We have lots of tuna, we usually buy the IGA brand, we like that brand, better than the others around here, we like it better than sunkist or chicken of the sea.

We buy things when there are really good sales, so we are all set. We were low on cat toilet paper...scoopable cat litter...so we bought about forty more pounds today when we went out. A mad cat is a very bad thing. We got twenty five pounds of bacon in the freezer and fridge for our blind cat, he is unbearable to live with if we run out of bacon.

I didn't see anyone wearing a mask around here in all of the stores we went into today, But, I did notice more people had toilet paper in their carts than usual, I suppose people have been passing around the toilet paper fear so people want to make sure they do not have to use leaves off of their houseplants if there is none to buy.
edit on 4-3-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

link   

That's nice of you to offer, with my neighbors it wont be optional.

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

if you were my neighbour i would make sure my gun was loaded

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Steveogold

If you were my neighbor you wouldn't have a gun, they're all afraid of them.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Goat hunting sounds cool, but what a goat has to do at Costco ?

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Am I scared of the Coronavirus? Hell no.

Am I scared we might run out of toilet paper or coffee? Hell yes.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

I don't have too much but I'd be happy to share with you a can of beans and a few items if all goes to hell. Just let me know

Please...

Do NOT give him any beans!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Am I scared of the Coronavirus? Hell no. Am I scared we might run out of toilet paper or coffee? Hell yes.

So you are half right. Don't live in fear.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

originally posted by: Trueman

Please...
Do NOT give him any beans!!!

I have to. He told me about a good spot where to get mushrooms in Montclair.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Masks are next to worthless.

When you're out your clothes, items you purchased, even the cash you used will have the potential to carry the virus.

So many vectors for any virus makes simple masks just a placebo.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Goats are delicious. Smoked then braised goat neck would be one of my last meal choices. I would happily be covered in mud during the annual hunting party up on some ridge huntin’ goat. Count me in.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Naked, covered in mud, carrying a spear, hunting small creatures?

I call that "Tuesdays".

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

a reply to: Steveogold

If you were my neighbor you wouldn't have a gun, they're all afraid of them.

Hahahaa smart man who needs supplies when thos around you arnt willing to defend theres

So do you have the cannibals cookbook you know to maximize your loot I recomend jerky for trade over eating it yourself but to each there own

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

You really are vile.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Christ, I wouldn't have gone into anywhere in Jersey, let alone a Walmart without a mask before all of this Coronavirus flap started. Hell, I don't enter Walmarts in Alaska without a strap on my hip and both of my kids walking a few paces in front of me with canisters of bear spray and Lysol (both streaming like an incontinent iron worker at nickel beer night.)

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

You really are vile.
you just made his day
edit on 4-3-2020 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

I find it ironic that all of this consuming of goods for preps, will drive economy even more.
edit on 4-3-2020 by BlueJacket because: Eta

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join