It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese City Iintroduced a Draft to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs to stop Spread of Coronavirus!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
First of all we have always owned a cat or a dog or both. They are treated with respect.

Plus you know what is written about how those who treat their animals will do same onto their fellow humans. Well its about time that those Chinese have come to their senses. However this may not be permanent as Chinese people will generally eat anything that moves, flies or swims. Plus this is only an draft as introduced.

Eating Cats and Dogs This is where the PETA people need to make an inroad and march into China.

Shenzhen has introduced a draft regulation to ban the eating of cats and dogs as part of a nationwide drive to implement a “total ban” on the consumption of wild animals following the Covid-19 outbreak . The new regulations were published by the standing committee of the Shenzhen People’s Congress, the city legislature, on Tuesday and the public will have until Thursday next week to submit their opinions.

Well here's the article.

Chinese city of Shenzhen to ban eating cats and dogs as part of moves to stop spread of coronavirus

Well if the above passes they will still be above to enjoy a handful of flies as obtained from a 208 liter [55 gallon] barrel of used cooking oil. At least they still had those when I was over there back in the 2000's

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I think to most Americans the thought of eating a dog or cat is repulsive. I also don't think
most Americans know true starvation.

China enforced the one child policy because they were going to starve to death due to their enormous population. They were already starving. It worked with some flaws. They are going through their industrial revolution, but somehow we judge them because they are not at the same level as us. Maybe that is good and it forces them to catch up. Maybe it is bad because they will eventually surpass us.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Well at least its a step up from Cannibalism like back in the day.

Interview: China's Great Famine Years 'Were an Era of Cannibalism'

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

All I see is the birth of a weird meat black market in China.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Yep pretty sure some of China's strange eating habits were born out of poverty and desperation. Wasn't it Civets that cause one of the last outbreaks?  You can't expect wild animals to be healthy for consumption especially in the numbers the Chinese consume them. LOL had a friend who visited China for a month, he took along a suitcase full of peanut butter LOL it was all he lived on. Not only should cats and dogs be banned so should wild animals and much stiffer regulations on all meat, poultry, and fish that is legit.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I'm really happy to hear they are moving this way! Both for the animals and concerning the virus. The way they torture these animals is really sickening and it breaks my heart. I'm happy my dog has had a great life and everytime I'm reminded of certain cultures habits, I'm so thankfull he didn't have to go through such horrors. He was a fantastic being and I can't wait to see him again.

Anyway, great news!

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Don't think it is about what type of meat they eat it is about how the animals are kept and prepared. If the only source of protein for a person is a cat and they are available, I really don't care if they decide to eat them or not. Maybe if I was in a dire situation I would eat one don't know but I am not in that situation so I don't.

The real issue is the conditions of their food markets. You cannot have cages on top of cages where feces, urine, blood, and other fluids are dripping or contaminating other cages. Instead of banning certain meats or building huge ghost cities maybe they should spend some money of updating the markets with modern sanitation facilities. Another protein source will be chosen and they will be brought to the same filthy markets so it really isn't solving the problem

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Asgaard

Burger King in China already on it. The Impossible Puppy Burger.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
a reply to: Asgaard

Burger King in China already on it. The Impossible Puppy Burger.

There are some people that don't find that funny, I call them people with no sense of humor!

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Eating Cats and Dogs This is where the PETA people need to make an inroad and march into China.

The proposed ban needs to be country wide and permanent not just as a tool to try to stem this current infection , China and Japan need to be brought to the UN table to discuss many of their inhumanities to the animal kingdom , Cats /Dogs , Shark fin harvesting and Bear Bile are high on my agenda but sadly this PETA person has given up trying after sending many e-mails to the Chinese embassy in London over Bear bile extraction with no response apart from automated "Thank You" emails.

Only international pressure will make a difference , China doesn't listen to its own people why would they listen to foreigners , if you want to make a difference lobby your own leadership.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I had friends that were restaurateurs. My friend made fun of me because I refused to eat soup that I couldn't identify the meat. She told me a story about her hometown (in China) they used to have a feast. They would get a little monkey and sit him in a type of electric chair looking thing, arms strapped, and little monkey sitting and alive. Then they would machete off the top of his scull and everyone would use chopsticks to eat the brains. Look, I'm no peta person and I love meat, but that right there is about as horrible as it gets.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: gortex

I had friends that were restaurateurs. My friend made fun of me because I refused to eat soup that I couldn't identify the meat. She told me a story about her hometown (in China) they used to have a feast. They would get a little monkey and sit him in a type of electric chair looking thing, arms strapped, and little monkey sitting and alive. Then they would machete off the top of his scull and everyone would use chopsticks to eat the brains. Look, I'm no peta person and I love meat, but that right there is about as horrible as it gets.

That's pure evil. I'd execute anyone on sight if they were involved in such sick and demented treatment of live beings. I don't care if I'd have to take out thousands.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Well # this was like plan d for me

If anyone hear thinks it's not plan d for themselves I hope you never have to go to starvation mode that old image in cartoons of other people looking like food is a good representation of how the mind starts to think

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

Ofcourse you eat what you can get when undergoing starvation. No one is saying otherwise. It's the sick treatment, the torture for better taste etc, that is the problem. Especially if it's part of your ''culture''. Then, IMO, they deserve to be wiped out.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I love dogs and cats, but logically there is no difference between eating dogs and cats and eating pigs and cows. I don't see what the big deal is. I mean if you had a pet cow or pig would you quit eating beef or pork?

edit on 27-2-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
About damn time.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I mean, yeah eating dogs and cats is very odd to us Americans, but then again we got people eating bath salts and tide pods so I guess I'll keep my mouth shut.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I mean, yeah eating dogs and cats is very odd to us Americans, but then again we got people eating bath salts and tide pods so I guess I'll keep my mouth shut.

I don't think bath salts or tide pods suffer much .

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The people saying dogs are like the cattle we eat ought to watch the liveleaks of their prep of the food.
They have a myth that torturing animals makes the meat taste better.
Boiling dogs alive, blow-torching baby cows while they are standing there.
I wouldn't be against nuking China, to be honest.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I could never watch something like that without falling apart. Can't help but feel the way you do when I hear such things.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join