It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Heya again, thanks for the quick reply by the way

Just another quick question. Where would one post a fantasy/sci-fi short story? obviously in either the 'short story' forum or the "fantasy/sci-fi" but which one!?

Thanks in advance
Ahala

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Put it in either
and we can always move it for you if its not in the right place

lol love the name BTW
Very much like mine!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
ok im not a "new" member anymore but i did a quick search both on the site and using the search function and couldnt find what im looking for. how do we get to the page where we can spend our ats points i was wanting to modify my account but cant seem to find it now...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I have been actively an ATS viewer for some time, I finally decided to sign up, well actually I have a great video of one of our illustrious congressmen at work i would love to share here. But i need help figuring all that fun stuff out. Avatars, signatures all that fun stuff. any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
hello all. i have been writing for more than 15 years, and i have been published on a few occasions. i just noticed the collaborative writing forum, and i went to post something in the dark poem thread, but it told me i require permission. how do i gain said permission?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The amount of information on this site is overbearing, so I apologize if this has been mentioned. I assume it hasn't, as the problem exists still on the boards.

I notice the date format used by the messages posted is : DD:MM:YY, showing the day before the month. If you use the Google search engine built into the site for a message, Google reads the date format used in the post DD:MM:YY, but incorrectly returns some dates because it returns the dates in the format MM: DD:YY.

I was searching for the word "arsenic", to check up on the scientists debunking the NASA find. The results show messages posted February 12, May 12, and August 12. Really, they were posted Dec. 2(Feb), Dec. 5(May), Dec. 8(Aug), because they all relate to the current findings. Then some dates come back correctly, even though the message still uses the DD:MM:YY format. I think there's a problem in the script, or else this current news was discovered earlier in the year and coincidentally inspired a post on the 12th of each random month.

edit on 8-12-2010 by cxb450 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Just learning some of this so that I can post an introduction soon.
edit on 9-12-2010 by remembering because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2010 by remembering because: Just correcting a miss type

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Wow this newbie area was extremely difficult to find and some of the help stuff you have here dont work. I also have no memcenter. Can anyone help me with this please? Im looking to be adopted

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Hello everyone! I have a problem. I dont have a memcenter tab. Please help as to why I dont have one. I have made 22 or 23 posts and want to upload a background and an avatar here to ATS. Thank you

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Thanks for your help!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Hey there. Ya, a lot of things got rearranged with the 2010 ATS updates. Here is the link to the media.abovetopsecret where you will upload pics for avatars and media, etc. You need to sign in using the same name and password you use to sign into ATS.

You can also access this page by going to "tools" and then "pictures" on the toolbar above.

media.abovetopsecret.com...&message=1

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Well this is not working. I have uploded pictures for my avatar and uploaded a background image to put behind my avatar from a user here on ATS. When i try to post the image for my background all i get is a blank area where i should be seeing my image uploaded behind my avatar image all of the other stuff is around the area but there is an area that is all grey no words no nothing in it. and the ATS store is the same way if i click the link to it. Nothing shows up at all just a grey area where the info should be. Please Help.
edit on 13-12-2010 by sugarcookie1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Ok. You are getting blank screens because the 2010 updates have deactivated the old link.
Here is what you will need to do (one of many various ways, Lol)

(1) Access media.abovetopsecret.com by going to "tools" on the menu bar above and scroll halfway down the Account Settings page to the 3rd box that says "your avatar" and click on the link that says "upload avatar"

(2) Login (if you aren't already) with your ATS username/password

(3) Upload the images that you want to use for your avatar (170x240) or for your background (180x450) ish, plus the blank .gif image (170x240) you will only need that if you are using the background image, you will not use that if you are using an avatar image.

For Avatars (this will be easier if you have 2 tabs open, the media profile tab AND the ATS Account Settings tab, via Tools on the toolbar):

(4) Once the image is uploaded, dbl click on it and then copy the text in the first box (http:// yadda yadda)

(5) Come back to the ATS Account Settings page (under Tools) and paste that text into the 3rd section that says "Your Avatar" box "avatar url.

(6) Make sure you click save. That should be it.

Follow the same process as above, but use the blank .gif image (170x240) as the avatar (copy/paste into the avatar url box in Account Settings under Tools and put the background image in the box right below it that says "Mini-Profile background image"

Make sure you hit "save" individually. Hitting it once will not save them both at the same time (at least, it does not for me).

p.s. To get a blank .gif image (if you don't already have it) just right-click on any member's background image in one of the posts and save it to your desk top. The image that is saved is the .gif image, not their background image.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I don't know if it's been asked before but what does the W and K mean by ones picture? I know the others are posts, flags and stars.
I know W can NOT mean 'warned', lol. So what do those two mean? If it's been asked already, my sincerest apologies.
edit on 14-12-2010 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Thank you soo much that did the trick! I got it!!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Please could someone tell me how to place your own thread link in your signature,ive been trying ages and cant figure it out,i even sent email to ats but got no reply.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

Just use the quote button to quote this post and you will see the BBcode used. just copy which ever thread title you want to use then go to tools you will be on the Accounts Settings page, near the bottom of the page you will see a place to put your signature.
Just past the link you copied from here to there

POST YOUR OWN MUSIC VIDEOS!!!

BANDS THAT MADE YOU LOVE MUSIC!!!
edit on 17/12/2010 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

will that do? i just copied and pasted it.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

I have broke these links so you can see the code just use the quote in my above post to see what you need to copy

[url =http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread640608/pg1]POST YOUR OWN MUSIC VIDEOS!!![/url]

[url =http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread639952/pg1]BANDS THAT MADE YOU LOVE MUSIC!!![/url]

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Cheers sauron your a legend mate

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join