It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You're A Joe Satriani Fan Check Out His Latest Video: Nineteen Eighty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Satriani's new video came out last Wednesday. It's entitled "Nineteen Eighty" and it's a track from his upcoming "Shapeshifting" CD, which comes out on April 10. Hard to believe Joe is 63 years old already. He's still sounding as great as ever!

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Thanks for the heads up! Will check this out asap

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Man, he has always been such a beast! I love his playing.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
1995's self-titled Joe Satriani is one of my favorite albums ever, the whole thing plays so well together. Great on the road, Luminous Flesh Giants coming off the heels of Down, Down, Down how can you not dig that, it flows so well. Will definitely have to check out some more of his discography

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I actually heard this just last night. One of those quantum entanglement moments

But you see, this is what happens when you sell your soul to the devil for magical fingers... you climb the beanstalk of fame, and... damn the devil is still regretting the purchase, this guy just keeps on being awesome.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Gotta check it out. As much as I love "Flying In A Blue Dream" I've gotta say I really like his Chickenfoot stuff. He's just gotten more guitcraycray over the years.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Talent for miles, clean living and doing what you love. That and good genes keep people going and going and going. I've enjoyed his music since Surfing With An Alien and I really like Chickenfoot because it's got four of my favorite musicians in one group.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Sweet!

Love me some Satchmo......

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Cool, thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up, been a fan of his for years. I got to see him do a show a while back his great live.

Echo off the Time machine album, what a song.reply to: shawmanfromny

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

That rocked!!

You hear traces of Surfing in there for sure! (A bit out of order, but THAT vibe! Ah, that sounded good! We’re the 1980’s so long ago?? *sigh*)

I like Black Swans. And Time Machine, like Flying In A Blue Dram, have some great stuff but Surfing hasn’t gotten old after all these years!

Joe, Eric Johnson, and Randy are my guitar teachers for playing ‘lead’ guitar (kinda always thought of myself as a rhythm guitar player). But have learned from them (Jimi, Jimmy, Edge, Andre, Nancy W., Franks (G and Z) and of course Ernie Ball!) all!!

I love Joe and that made me smile!! TY!!

:rawk: (seriously, we need a ‘horns’ emoji!!(
edit on 25-2-2020 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Clarity

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Yep...thats eighties satch... nothing wrong with that.

top topics

join