It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"street talk" the BIG NEWS JUST ANNOUNCE JAPAN NOW IS ...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   
13 people from the cruise are being treated at UNMC in Omaha.
Just a few blocks away from me.
edit on 2020-02-17T21:38:53-06:002202017America/Chicago2 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   
What I would like to know is the time from first infection to completely cured and non-contagious.

1873 death and 12,738 recovered. The reason I ask is the total confirmed cases numbers. 73,335 total confirmed in China.
that's around 1 in 6 deaths there. That'l come out to 12,222 going to die.

gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com... board/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
edit on 17-2-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

They have uninhabited towns ready to accept them. Fukushima Japan
edit on 17-2-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: SailorJerry

Whatever. If they don't quarantine all the crew and passengers somewhere, it would be a horrible Idea. That they are moving them from the ship to Hospitals isn't a game changer. It was a political problem as passengers were from many Nations.

They arent just moving them to hospitals, they are in the process of bringing the foreigners back to their home countries.

Yes I know and read. Hopefully they will be quantined upon arriving home as well. Better safe than sorry. As I said, it was a political headache for Japan.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

They are being quarantined. Look above.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   

UNMC has the best bio-containment in the country.
edit on 2020-02-17T22:17:21-06:002202017America/Chicago2 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

My question would be "are the healthcare workers treating them being quarantined?" If not and they are going back and forth to work and interfacing with people on their off time, then you may have a possible problem.

If it reaches the public schools then it is game over with no possibility of containment in my opinion.
edit on 17-2-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   
How many have died from the tourists quarantined? That would be a better gauge of how deadly this is. Tourists were well nourished and more likely to have normal immune system functions. The Flu as CWM was saying is more deadly in numbers. The people who always die in these epidemics are people who have weakened immune systems and do not eat and exercise regularly. That is why the elderly are especially encouraged to get the flu shot that I don't take.

No need to panic.

edit on 17-2-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

My question would be "are the healthcare workers treating them being quarantined?" If not and they are going back and forth to work and interfacing with people on their off time, then you may have a possible problem.

If it reaches the public schools then it is game over with no possibility of containment in my opinion.

The nurses and techs will be going in dressed like an Astronaut and will be following strict protocols to contain the outbreak.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
What I would like to know is the time from first infection to completely cured and non-contagious.

1873 death and 12,738 recovered. The reason I ask is the total confirmed cases numbers. 73,335 total confirmed in China.
that's around 1 in 6 deaths there. That'l come out to 12,222 going to die.

gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com... board/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

They have uninhabited towns ready to accept them. Fukushima Japan

This is exactly the way I calculate it also. I dont get why people keep saying 1-2% mortality. To compare the total dead to total active cases is a logical fallacy.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Yeh so is our idiot government in the UK, the virus isn't spreading fast enough here so they gotta speed it up. Yay!!

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Read my update post in the Corona Virus #3 thread. I'll be posting tonight. If time hasn't ran out I'll edit this post. Some shocking news may soon start hitting which was most feared.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Better to be even in makeshift hospitals, than stuffed into tiny rooms without windows. So.. glad this was planned and rolled out!

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

My concern with these quarantines is they seem to think 2 weeks in quarantine is enough. If people are "quarantined" with others, who test positive within that 2 weeks, there should be (at least) 2 weeks added to the time of the most recent positive case. I don't think that's necessarily been happening.

I also think keeping people on these cruise ships, spreading the infection among passengers was a terrible idea.

The kill rate isn't terribly hogh, but it will become so if it infects enough people simultaneously that the healthcare system is overwhelmed and millions need to stay home and deal with pneumonia on their own.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

This is exactly the way I calculate it also. I dont get why people keep saying 1-2% mortality. To compare the total dead to total active cases is a logical fallacy.

You can only compare to what is current reality, not guesswork on how many you -think- may die. The fatality rate of cases outside of China is less than 1%. The people that have died have been older, like the lady in Japan who was 80 years old. Going by cases in China is pointless, because their numbers are skewed and useless.

If you want to fear-monger and assume that most won't actually recover, go for it I guess. I think most probably will recover. For many, the symptoms are actually very minor. Also I think the bigger worry is not recovering from a first case of it - but if it really can be commonly caught a 2nd time, well.. -then- I could see the total going over 1%.

edit on 18-2-2020 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2020 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Let's hope so.

BREAKING: 88 new infections on Diamond Princess cruise ship in Japan. This is out of 681 additional people tested. Overall, 542 infections out of 2,404 people tested. 65 of new 88 cases have no symptoms.

link

65 new cases don't even have symptoms. That with what looks to be a 25% infection rate makes it hard to contain.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I have read, somewhere now lost, that it is possible to become re-infected with this virus, even after having recovered from an initial infection; and that those who become re-infected have a much higher risk of death; usually due to heart failure.

Apparently, a subsequent infection results in a “hyper”-activated immune response which severely damages the victim’s other organs, the heart in particular, leading to organ failure.

If this finding is correct, regardless of the severity of the initial infection, even a mild case of “Wu flu” places its victims at much greater risk of death long after they have seemingly recovered from the illness.
edit on 18-2-2020 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Let's hope so.

BREAKING: 88 new infections on Diamond Princess cruise ship in Japan. This is out of 681 additional people tested. Overall, 542 infections out of 2,404 people tested. 65 of new 88 cases have no symptoms.

link

65 new cases don't even have symptoms. That with what looks to be a 25% infection rate makes it hard to contain.

Yep! www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Has there been any confirmation about the 'suited up' fire department person that was infected while helping disembark the people from the cruise ship?

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Sounds like they have lost the luggage of the 13 infected cruise ship passengers that are being treated at UNMC.
Not good.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join