It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brick free school zone.....school choice is so needed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
Not sure if I linked the video correctly. Apologies.

This is basically everything wrong with PC culture in one video.

A girl took a brick....yes you read that correctly...and bricked this dude in the head. All the teacher could do was call security.

The teacher did not/could not protect the boy.

Throw in the fact if the white teacher would have had to violently stop a black girl, the racism cries -would have been deafening from a segment of the anti trump crowd, I don’t blame him for calling security.

Do you honestly think anyone can really learn in this environment. I have no clue why every black person isn’t for school choice to get their kid out of the great public schools

twitter.com...

The only problem I see with choice is. What if a majority of the school chooses to leave the district?

What happens if you have 50 bad apples who have parents who choose to send their kids to a better school and those 50 kids just bring negativity to their new school?

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Welcome to the wonderful world of Political Correctness! Where girls hit boys in the head with bricks, boys shoot girls, and everyone bullies everyone else.

The problem is the schools are not accountable to anyone except themselves. Academia builds upon academia. Those who teach have no real world experience; all they typically know is teaching. They went from being a student to being a teacher aide to being a substitute teacher to being an adjunct (part-time) teacher to being a tenured teacher. The whole time, they were taught exclusively by teachers, who themselves went from being a student to being a teachers aide to being a substitute teacher to being an adjunct teacher to being a tenured teacher. A few graduate to higher level faculty, like a principal or school board member.

Around here, school politics is now the dirtiest political arena there is (and in Alabama, that's saying something!). Why? Because they have so much power and zero accountability. The schools employ a lot of people, and should one of them speak out against a school policy, the result will be that they are terminated. Oh, not for speaking out... that would be "illegal"... but there will be a reasonable reason. It's not unheard of for children to be coerced into falsely accusing "problem" faculty members of sexual assault, and who ya gonna believe? The mean old faculty member, or the sweet, innocent child whose life was destroyed?

If someone doesn't work for the schools, or have a close family member who does, they or someone close to them has children in school. It's very easy to fail a child or just wait for any minor altercation with the rules to throw the book at them. You want to speak out in defiance of the schools? Oops, your little Johnny is going to A-school for not paying attention in class, or drawing something that looked like a gun, or backtalking the teacher, or... well, we'll find something. Of course, that goes on their "permanent record" and means they'll spend the rest of their life working for minimum wage in a job that has their name on their shirt. Good jobs don't go to juvenile delinquents.

On the other hand, if one bows to the will of the almighty school board, their kids can get away with about anything.

I know parents who were banned from the schools their kids went to because they disagreed with school policies. Some couldn't even attend their own kids' graduations. The only reason I wasn't is that I made sure the faculty I dealt with knew that I could find them outside the school if need be, and that it would be my great honor to go to prison for defending my children.

You see, school faculties are not equipped to deal with real life, where parents protect their children and people are free to disagree. That's a foreign concept to most. In school-world, the job of a teacher is to present information the children are supposed to learn, as has been determined as appropriate by the school board. The job of the students is to not interfere with or debate with the teacher. Doing so is stressful to the teacher and prevents them from delivering the information they are told to deliver. That could lead to low test scores, and that could cause the local school board to come under scrutiny of the Department of Education. Can't have that!

The (predictable) result is that very few people even know what is being taught today. Most parents do not read their children's textbooks, nor even really talk to them in depth about what they are learning. The children don't know any better... teacher said it was true, so it must be true. So the children learn about entitlements and victimization and shared responsibility, not facts nor skills nor proper behavior, and apply that. They feel free to act out their emotions at any time, against any one, and expect their actions will be interpreted as acceptable. After all, the girl in this video was black and female... obviously an entitled and oppressed person and therefore any action taken against her is wrong. The teacher can't really do anything because he's likely the one who has been telling her that she's oppressed. All he can do is call security so he can get back to teaching the things he was told to teach.

The result is that our children are being indoctrinated, not taught. They feel entitled, oppressed, helpless, and angry. They graduate school unable to read well, unable to do all but the most basic math (some can't even get that right most of the time), and completely clueless about actual history. Comprehension? Gone the way of the dinosaur. Oh,a few manage to slip through the cracks and actually leave public school able to read and write, spell, work an algebra problem, but these are the exception.

I started attending college in, I believe, 1983. I was forced to drop out around 1986 due to lack of funds, but then I returned in 2010. The change was amazing! The classes were lower level, and an entire remedial department had been implemented. I worked as a tutor in the math department, and 95% of it was remedial... some high school graduates could not even add two 2-digit numbers! Almost none could do simple, basic algebra, and practically everyone was unable to handle a simple word problem. 100-level classes spent much of the class time simply teaching the students how to behave and how to study.

It wasn't that the college didn't want to educate; it was that the public schools had not prepared the kids with the knowledge they needed.

The only way this gets fixed is to start charging kids like this girl with crimes and making them do the time for them; start prosecuting school boards and faculty for failure to educate and unfair practices; get rid of the Department of Education completely and return schools back to the local communities; and start hiring teachers who have real-world experience. School choice will help, because it hits the public schools in the pocketbook where they feel it. We have already lost two generations of our children... how many more will we need to lose before we start taking action?

TheRedneck

new topics

<< 1   >>

join