It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Deploying BORTAC to Sanctuary Cities

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I was asking if all sanctuary cities do not allow any cooperation between their police and ICE.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Those 3 you mentioned do other jobs.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
I was asking if all sanctuary cities do not allow any cooperation between their police and ICE.

They don't. They go by democrat party leaders rules, which is zero support to federal government agencies.
edit on 16-2-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

We're not talking about a paramility unity patrolling the streets of major metropolitans and demanding Americans show them "papers".

Let's most fervently hope, and work towards, that never happening.

So long as the mission statement has no ambiguity in it at all, I think it'll be safe. I don't like it, but this "sanctuary" city nonsense needs to be handled, and fixed.
edit on 2/16/2020 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Deploying BORTAC to Sanctuary Cities for aliens could be there way of getting set for a major out break with this corona virus.
I haven't read anything just like to be paranoid sometimes...lol
We will truly discover if there really are FEMA camps and what they will be used for.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Doesn't mean they couldn't tag along for show with ICE just like the BORTAC are going to do.

Either way, not all SWAT teams are city or state controlled, as you said.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Among the illegals in our largest cities are some of the most dangerous gangs on the planet. Not exactly what a normal ICE agent would deal with, so you have special teams. Those gangs are into human trafficking and hardcore narcotics distribution and there are thousands of them in the US. The local cops are outmatched so they just try and contain them. A cop with a handgun, some mace and maybe a taser is not about to deal with that and go up against a gang armed with military hardware that control whole neighborhoods.

What about other violent criminals that are not illegal migrants?

The local police have SWAT teams for that. The SWAT teams also try and deal with the illegals, but they can't extradite them and send them back where they belong.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Just read Blaine's post.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: Blaine91555
I actually did mention most of what you said.

It means a murderer or rapist can be arrested for a minor crime and even though the police know from ICE they are murderers or rapists, the local cops will not tell ICE and they will just let them go.

If they are arrested for minor crimes by LEO, why does ICE need a SWAT team?

ETA: Also why not use an FBI/ATF/DEA team?

You don't get that the locals in sanctuary cities can't keep them or report them to ICE? You seem confused on that? They have to just let them go and they are not allowed to contact ICE, even if they know they are releasing a murderer of maybe even a human trafficker. They also don't report to the FBI, ATF or DEA or any other federal law enforcement.

This objection is purely political and these teams are not some kind of Martial Law as propagandists want people to believe.

Anyone who thinks these far Left extremist politicians care about our lives or our families lives, think again. They don't. It's all collateral damage to them. Why do you think they fight so hard against individual rights? I often wonder how many votes the law that cost my sister in-law her life bought for them. They have blood on their hands and they will have a lot more before it's over.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

That is why they would tag along with ICE, who do have jurisdiction.

Besides, BORTAC "are not allowed to forcibly enter properties in order to make arrests". What are they there for?

They are there just to look tacti-cool while ICE makes the arrests. Ice could have had anyone riding shotgun with them.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

If they are not being contacted then how are the BORTAC teams gonna know where to "hit", in quotes cause they are not authorized anyway.

In that case everything else is moot.
edit on 16-2-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Anything that can help I'm for as would be any person who cares. Some put partisan propaganda above the safety of others, I do not. Some actively try and protect criminals for votes. They make me sick.

This whole idea that these teams are some kind of goon squads is absurd.

Let me tell you one story I know everything about intimately to show how it works in at least one sanctuary city. I won't name the city because the family has no interest in being targeted by media or politicians and for years have kept it to themselves.

All of this came from the lead detective in a private meeting with my wife and her father. Much of it came from the monster himself as part of a plea deal. That monster will be released in the same sanctuary city in a couple of years and more women will pay the price. The detective said he will just move one city over, change his name and do it all again and they know that. They can do nothing but wait until he does it again.

He was arrested in a small town in Southern Mexico and charged with five brutal rapes. He was convicted and put in a Mexican prison for Life.

A few weeks later he said the guards rounded him up with a busload of prisoners and put on a bus. They were driven to the US Border and released.

A Coyote gave them maps, pocket money and instructions on what cities to go to for work and safety and they were helped until they were safely inside the US.

He settled in the same sanctuary city my sister in-law lived in. She had just lost her husband to cancer and was a single mom trying to raise her young children. She had to live in the same part of the city the illegals called home because it’s all she could afford.

The monster, tried unsuccessfully three times, including the morning of the day he murdered my wife’s sister, to grab a woman off the streets. Every time he was charged and released within a couple of hours, including the day of the murder. Arrested that morning and back on the streets in less than four hours. They knew his real name and who he was but could not turn him over to ICE.

**Note here; the detective put his job on the line to tell the full story it bothered him so much.

Sister in-law had walked to a local market for groceries and was walking back home with her arms full. The monster was walking home after being released for trying to grab another woman that morning. They both arrived in front of the old motel he lived in at the same time, he grabbed her and drug her into his room.

She fought back and he stabbed her so many times the coroner made a note that he stopped counting stab wounds at “50”. The report said every surface in the room had blood on it.

The monster had one ¼ inch wide, ¼ inch deep wound on his shoulder and used it to say self-defense. His attorney used it to plea bargain and like I said he’s getting out soon. The reason we know so much is that part of the deal was him recounting the entire story in exchange.

To this day the government of Mexico says he’s in a Mexican prison. They never did cooperate.

All the direct result of a sanctuary city policy.

edit on 2/16/2020 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

None of that changes the fact that the BORTAC "are not allowed to forcibly enter properties in order to make arrests".

You said locals don't report releases to the FEDS, how does the BORTAC being there change that?

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

The only thing I can see that would make you oppose BORTAC helping in large, gang infested sanctuary cities is political.

The mission of BORTAC is "to respond to terrorist threats of all types anywhere in the world in order to protect our nation’s homeland."[4] In essence, BORTAC teams often conduct drug raids on high value targets, as well as sometimes being attached to Border Patrol or Air and Marine Operations units to assist them in their duties. BORTAC does not only conduct operations on the US-Mexico Border. BORTAC teams are often used to provide a tactical federal law enforcement capability across the country, helping with security for events such as the Super Bowl, as well as being deployed to natural disaster areas to ensure that civil unrest does not break out. Additionally, BORTAC teams can be called upon to assist local law enforcement in high-profile events such as the 1992 Los Angeles riots, where they were part of the 1,000 riot-trained federal special agents sent in an attempt to end the rioting in the Los Angeles region; and the 2015 Clinton Correctional Facility escape, where a BORTAC team inserted by helicopter shot and killed escaped prisoner Richard Matt. BORTAC has been assigned to operate in sanctuary cities to increase immigration enforcement.[5] Finally, BORTAC teams can sometimes be deployed overseas to assist and train countries in drug enforcement and border security techniques.
Link

Why you can't see how they could be helpful in dealing with violent gangs made up of illegals in sanctuary cities is beyond me. If it helps in any way to remove the illegals who form gangs and engage in human trafficking and narcotics sales, it's a good thing.

The cities won't or can't deal with it, or gangs would not control entire neighborhoods. If the locals cant deal with it, somebody needs to do it.

The politicians responsible for it just want to cover their own ass and they sure don't care if a few people die, as long as it gets them votes. Their supporters have blinders on, or don't care.
edit on 2/16/2020 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Well, from what I have seen, things are not that simple, as there are several "degrees" of sanctuary.

According to this Weekly Declined Detainer Outcome Report For Recorded Declined Detainers Feb 11 – Feb 17, 2017, we have:

- some with public statements of noncooperation with Immigration and Customs Enforcement;
- some that will not honour requests to hold individual;
- some that will notify ICE prior to the inmates release but will not hold them;
- some that will only honour “warrantless detainer requests from the federal government under limited, specified circumstances” such as violent or serious crimes or terrorist activities;
- some that, unless provided with a criminal warrant issued by a federal judge or magistrate, will not detain or arrest any individual based upon an administrative or civil immigration warrant for a violation of federal civil immigration law, including administrative and civil immigration warrants entered in the National Crime Information Center database;
- some that are willing to accept requests accompanied by a court order and to accept requests when the subject of the detainer request is charged with or has been convicted of Capital Murder, First Degree Murder, Aggravated Sexual Assault, or Continuous Smuggling of Persons;
- some that will not honor ICE detainers unless ICE has an arrest warrant for an individual;
- and many other variations.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Who said I oppose BORTAC helping?

Why you can't see how they could be helpful in dealing with violent gangs made up of illegals in sanctuary cities is beyond me.

The article in the OP said so.

If it helps in any way to remove the illegals who form gangs and engage in human trafficking and narcotics sales, it's a good thing.

All I said was that FBI/ATF/DEA teams could also do that job.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Their supporters have blinders on, or don't care.

Or they have something to gain with it too.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Bortac is needed for the same reason that Dallas PD needed three swat teams.

If they do an entry at Audelia and Skillman, they have to send in two SWAT teams; one to set up a perimeter, and the other team to serve the warrant/extract. The third team has time off to rest and reload.

The three Dallas SWAT teams used to use color coded ammo, so you could tell after the fact which team was shooting from where.

The Taco Bell parking lot used to be a great place to pick up casings if you do your own reloading. Things were pretty quiet in the mornings just before lunch. You could still hear gunfire occasionally, but almost all the show-downs happened after dark. Nobody cared about one gringo, picking up spent casings.

Why BORTAC? because gang violence in the immigrant community is mostly squad-level.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I was reacting to your objection. BORTAC is skilled at dealing with illegals in gangs and used to working directly with ICE. A team specifically for the situation. Why not use the best team for the job?

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

This is old but still relevant I think. It shows how extreme the amount of crime by illegals is here.

According to the FBI, 67,642 murders were committed in the U.S. from 2005 through 2008, and 115,717 from 2003 through 2009. The General Accounting Office documents that criminal immigrants committed 25,064 of these murders.

Illegal immigrants clearly commit a level of violent and drug related crimes disproportionate to their population.

In California alone, over 2,400 illegal immigrants out of a total prison population of 130,000 are imprisoned in the state’s prison system for the crime of homicide.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join