It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS ufology dead nowadays?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Absolutly zero clear or semi clear videos or photos of ufos (just random pictures of orbs or bits of light with no point of reference)

All cases are just witness (albeit compelling), cases, sometimes second or third hand, no hard evidence.

The only cases discussed nowadays are cases from decades ago like rendlesham, betty barney hill, billy meier or even roswell 70 years ago

Absolutly nothing of note happens nowadays - yes sure, more people discuss it nowadays, and the us navy did say they can confirm their ufo video was unidentified but they didnt actually come out and say aliens/ufos are et in nature.
Plus in this social media age, everything gets discussed more, from sexuality, to mental illness, etc everyone is more open about every topic, so its no suprise that the navy came out and presented the video and said its unidentified to them.

I genuinely feel weve hit a dead end of ufology - i mean i love ancient aliens, but even that just brings up the same old cases again and again.

Literally theres nothing of note nowadays apart from `lights over lake eerie` and a video showing random orbs which could be absolutly anything!

And you are stil guaranteed when anyone embedds a youtube video of a ufo, it will be blurry/ at night/ no point of reference/ camera shaking/ video ending for no reason/ etc etc

Its so frustrating ufology today........... yes theres doctors/ lawyers etc etc people with no reason to lie, whove given their testimony, but these are all old worn out cases.

Ufology today in my opinion is absolutly dead in terms of things happening these days or being closer to the truth.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I would not say it is dead but it is definitely hibernating due to all the advances in camera technology, CGI, photoshop, smartphones, drones, did I mention drones?. There is just so much fake stuff out there but once in a while you see something. The aircraft carrier video being the single most important once of late.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: PandaPrincess

I genuinely feel weve hit a dead end of ufology - i mean i love ancient aliens, but even that just brings up the same old cases again and again.

Yea and with the increase in ufology from ancient aliens has came a huge (and warrented) backlash against their claims. Ancient aliens has a lot of cool stuff to it but it is so often discounted because of the hosts claiming everything is "ancient aliens". I believe in ETs visiting earth but I gotta laugh at some of the stuff they say..
edit on 8-2-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The last couple of years have been the best in UFO History. We don't need Billy Meier fakes. Look at what has happened. For the first time ever parts of the US government have acknowledged UFOs. The US Navy has said, "We really wish you wouldn't have released these, but they are real." We have Tic Tacs with a dozen witnesses and radar corroboration. We have F-18 pilots talking about their encounters--multiple pilots from two different carriers. The New York Times has written abut UFOs without making fun f them. Articles have appeared all over the mainstream media. TTSA has put out a great deal of material. As Hal Puthoff has said, "the toothpaste is coming out of the tube." I have never seen such optimism from people who actually study UFOs on more than a casual level.

Quite frankly I am tired of "lights in the sky." They are not particularly interesting. But follow people like Richard Dolan, for example, and there is plenty happening in the UFO field today. These are, in fact, exciting times.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
what i do not understand is there seems to be very little evidence apart from witness testiomny - sometimes first second or third hand

yes very compelling and believeable from people with no reason to lie, respected people too..

but......... theres still less evidence than ever!

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Didn't you already do this thread ?
It's obvious you have no interest in the subject or the history of it so what is it you expect , categorical evidence would stop the mystery from being a mystery so there'd be no need for conjecture.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
The New York Times has written abut UFOs without making fun f them. Articles have appeared all over the mainstream media. TTSA has put out a great deal of material.

That's what worries me, it looks like UFOlogy is being merged into "mainstream life" while still kept out of "mainstream science", so while it becomes something seen as "normal" we know as much as we did 80 years ago.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

The New York Times has written abut UFOs without making fun f them. Articles have appeared all over the mainstream media. TTSA has put out a great deal of material.

That's what worries me, it looks like UFOlogy is being merged into "mainstream life" while still kept out of "mainstream science", so while it becomes something seen as "normal" we know as much as we did 80 years ago.

I hear what you are saying. For example, a half dozen Super Bowl ads featured aliens (not that you would stoop so low as to watch American football.) One wonders if this is not an incremental increase in the conditioning process.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

One wonders if this is not an incremental increase in the conditioning process.

Exactly, making UFOs and Aliens "normal" makes people forget about them.

Now, what reason may be behind it is another question, as it could be they are using UFOs as a way of hiding secret projects (wouldn't be the first time) or they have more information about them that they want people to ignore.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
What some people don't seem to understand about mainstream science, is that it understands the fallibility of eyewitness observations, and doesn't consider such as reliable scientific evidence (because as numerous cases like the Yukon UFO have shown, it's not).

Yes some people claim project blue book was a whitewash because it didn't address all the unexplained cases adequately in its summary, yet the vast majority of those were based on eyewitness accounts.

We even see first hand in the currently popular case how eyewitnesses are mistaken, saying the video of the Nimitz UFO on the FLIR video accelerates beyond any earthly capability at the end, when a scientific analysis shows in fact it didn't accelerate at all, the apparent acceleration seen at the end of the video is just an illusion.

So if mainstream science doesn't consider eyewitness testimony as scientifically reliable, then we're not left with much to do science on since the cases that rely on that are about all we have. David Fravor's testimony is very interesting, but the video that often plays alongside him when he talks on TV doesn't show anything like what he says, rather it just reinforces the unreliability of eyewitnesses when Fravor and others remark how fast the object accelerates at the end of the video.

we know as much as we did 80 years ago

I would say what we know now that we didn't know 80 years ago, is that we have more examples and more evidence that even credible eyewitnesses who believe they know what they saw and are not lying, are still not reliable, and that many of the things that UFOlogists said rule out prosaic explanations for the case, don't.

Evidence like the Yukon case, a "close encounter" case rated Hynek Classification: CE1, with over 30 witnesses to the "mothership", with embellishments from the witnesses we have come to expect such as electromagnetic interference (car died, wouldn't start) etc.

[pressimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/47497427bbd9.jpg[/pressimg]

54 UFOs some with incredible descriptions have been identified so far as not being much like what the eyewitnesses reported, (and it's hard to imagine how a satellite re-entry many kilometers away causes electromagnetic interference like a car not starting) as discussed here:

UFO, or Satellite Re-Entry? Finally, a List!

at least 54 "UFOs" have become "IFOs," thanks to Molczan's efforts...

These documented reentries ought to be a game changer in any serious ufologist's mind, since the bigger ones CONSISTENTLY trigger astonishingly detailed but imagination-driven misperceptions in the minds of witnesses around the world. Under clear night skies, BIG craft with mounted lights, drifting slowly at low altitude, soundlessly, often with searchlights stabbing out randomly, sometimes causing local EMI effects, sometimes responding to witnesses' flashlights, occasionally even with windows through which aliens are visible in lighted interiors..... ALL sparked only by swarms of flaming fragments of the satellite AND each witness's stock of memories..

So, that's what we know now that we didn't know 80 years ago, about UFO reports and eyewitness reliability.

Here are some drawings of other spaceships people made from the satellite re-entry over Kiev, from the article James Oberg published on this event:

www.jamesoberg.com/1963_kiev-fireball-swarm-rev-B.pdf

So now when we hear UFOlogists saying eyewitnesses can't be this far off in their perceptions, we have lots of proof that's false, proof we didn't have 80 years ago. That's what's changed in the last 80 years.

edit on 202028 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   

UFO's are a very real phenomena, to those that have seen one with there own eye's there is no argument about that.

But the waters have been deliberately muddied over the years especially in the US were the UFO tag was too often used to hide real black budget military and prototype aerial vehicle research.

Many so called UFO may fall into this category of human manufactured flying machines that are simply unknown to the general public but this does not explain account's in history such as the flying shields of Alexander the great that helped his army against the city of Tyre by striking it's wall's with lightning or the similar flying shields that stopped his army from entering India by diving at them as they attempted to cross a river.

The phoo fighters of world war 1 and 2.

The Marcel incident were a US pilot chased after a UFO and unofficial sources claim that the wreckage of this particularly skilled and experienced pilot was very unusually damaged even compared to other crash's they had seen.

The incident over Neurembourg/Nuremberg Germany in 1561 were people witnessed a battle in the sky's over the city.

Indeed the list goes on and on and on, not all though appeared as machines and for example one ancient account if I recall of a Roman general training his solders in military maneuvers was of seeing army's in the sky, soldiers and chariots almost a ghost story but they were in the sky and another before WW1 was an account of people seeing a rider with flaming sword followed by soldiers in the sky over part of the former Yugoslavia - not sure which of those country's that was.

Then you have reliable account's such as the sober and god fearing down to earth Scottish gamekeeper whom encountered spiked ball's that attacked him in a wood in the highland's and oh so very many other account's including Rendlesham forest were several highly trained US service personnel witnessed an object and one even touched it with recurring problem's ever since.

Radiation injury's to woman in a car in the US and many many other account's.

I myself saw what I can only describe as a UFO up here in Lancashire when I was on my way home one late night - about 2:45 or so in the morning, I was hoofing it the five or six miles from the town of Skelmersdale were I worked in a company called Sanko Gosei UK ltd to the town of Ormskirk were I live when I felt something, it was blowing a gale and windy with a low overcast cloud cover about 200-400 or so feet up that was reflecting the light of the old sodium road and street lights we used to have back then and I was coming to the Ormskirk end of the village of Westhead when I felt like something was watching me intently, instinctively I jerked my head to were I felt this and saw a reflective metallic circle or sphere that shot off as soon as I stared at it, I then watched this thing fly in and out of the cloud before I lost sight of it in the general direction of Pilkington laboratories, this was the late 90's.

Now what it was, that is the question but definitely not swamp gas, this thing flew about as fast as a low level RAF Tornado used to when they would periodically sweep over us on there way to train in Wales and was flying silently with no sonic boom AGAINST the direction of the wind.

But the problem for real evidence is that what there is of it is probably locked away, classified or censored and what is not is ignored today by those that choose not to believe in such.

UFOlogy is not dead, it is however a very polluted subject with everything from pranksters to deliberate fakers and even cult leaders creating fake imagery that is harmful to any genuine research into the subject.

This is one of my favorites but also very sad (they threw her back into the sea).

And it's not just OTHER intelligences that can come to this same type of technology by the way.

Someone, somewhere know's and they are sitting on what is rightfully our's keeping it from us, knowledge is power after all and we need to be kept in line to keep the elite in there positions of power.

edit on 8-2-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   

OMG, thank god for and interesting NON POLITIC thread for a change.

I do not think it is dead. There is alot of work being done but I think the standard has changed. People literally walk around with what 30 years ago would have been a multi million dollar piece of video gear.

So I guess its less frivolous speculation these days. I also think that many (I'm not excluding myself) have been distracted by these polarizing political times but ATS remains a great place for serious discussions of these issues

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   
If humanity knew what knew what those flying objects were, it wouldn't be called ufology anymore.

It could be a space jelly fish that was worshipped as god, to Uncle Sam wants you to blow stuff up since it coming straight for us.
edit on 9-2-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Its not dead....everyone knows online and now and they are waiting for more validations from more conventional sources.

Disclosure is over we are well into the Acceptance Phase already.

No one expected people to embrace the reality so quickly and so thoroughly.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Odd post given last years information that came through - so you aren't aware of the Tic-Tac video's then?

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
UFO's are a very real phenomena, to those that have seen one with there own eye's there is no argument about that.

UFOs being real doesn't mean UFOlogy is advancing.

But the problem for real evidence is that what there is of it is probably locked away, classified or censored and what is not is ignored today by those that choose not to believe in such.

Could you give an example of "real evidence" that is ignored? Thanks in advance.

UFOlogy is not dead, it is however a very polluted subject with everything from pranksters to deliberate fakers and even cult leaders creating fake imagery that is harmful to any genuine research into the subject.

Don't forget the people that ignore all explanations and insist that known events are extraterrestrials visiting earth. To me those, along with the people that deny all UFO sightings, are the ones that have kept UFOlogy in the "loony" class.

And it's not just OTHER intelligences that can come to this same type of technology by the way.

That's another problem, assuming all UFOs are technological, why can't some be biological entities? Assuming all types of UFOs are just one thing is another thing that has affected UFOlogy.

Someone, somewhere know's and they are sitting on what is rightfully our's keeping it from us, knowledge is power after all and we need to be kept in line to keep the elite in there positions of power.

That's just speculation, they may be as ignorant as we are about them and just try to hide the fact for us to think they have more power than they really have.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
Disclosure is over we are well into the Acceptance Phase already.

Acceptance of what?

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Expecting lots of UFO reports today in the UK, we are experiencing a once in a decade storm, wind and rain like crazy everything is flying around and these things are often connected to ufo fly bys. Keep an eye out for UFOs over UK tday there's a real good chance of them being up there

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Redhead6971
I would not say it is dead but it is definitely hibernating due to all the advances in camera technology, CGI, photoshop, smartphones, drones, did I mention drones?. There is just so much fake stuff out there but once in a while you see something. The aircraft carrier video being the single most important once of late.

Yeah that's most important one of late and an incredible new wave of admission by the US military that there are UFOs in our shies that we have no idea about. Ufoloogy is certainly not dead, indeed its probably the healthiest it ever been with all the tic tacs and other military confirmations.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join