It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you wish superheroes were real?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Do you wish superheroes were real?

I mean we can have someone see through walls and see all the bad things the Gov is planning while recording their conversations.

We can have someone that runs really fast to grab and dump bad guys into police station along with all their evidences.

What about someone that can fly and just grab the bad guys into the sky and threatening to drop the person if they don't tell the truth on GO Pro.

How about someone that is immune to all kind of biological, chemical, and radiation warfare that has super strength busting into their labs and throwing them out to the public while shutting their crazy experiments.

Invisibility? GTFO still will be caught by high tech camera utter useless.

How about some super rich guy.. oh right, they are the rich..

edit on 6-2-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

No. I just wish people were more kind. Then we wouldn't need superheroes, and the ultra wealthy wouldn't screw us all over.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I wish lightsabers were real... ^_^

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I just wish whoever is tripping up the evildoers by
time traveling back to where they do the deed and
BUST them in the act-- to be really careful.
Lately a couple of these guys look ready to snap from
pure frustration.
And if your superpower is custody of all the secret stuff--
be gentle with us around here. We need to believe you're
the good guys and not some expertly controlled preposition.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Nope. I think “The Boys” on prime did a very good job at portraying this scenario.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Wonder Woman - yes, Yes, YES !!!!!

MMMmmmmmmmmm..........

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

dirty old git

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The problem with superheros is that they have an opposite. Sometimes many opposites.
edit on 7-2-2020 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Two words of wisdom

Red kryptonite

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 02:22 AM
link   

What about mystique ?

You could take a stroll down memory lane .

Raquel Welch, marilynn Monroe , Goldie Hawn , Ava Garnder and Phyllis Diller would all be in play .
edit on 7-2-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

"Phyllis Diller"

Wow...

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   

What makes you think w... uh, they dont exist, citizen?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:15 AM
link   

yup... I would need magneto's powers

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Lol

I was just seeing if anybody was paying attention . 😂

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Well I would love to have the powers and intellect of Superman but would happily settle for being an Obi Wan instead (Not a Darth Vader anger gives me acid).

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   
No I don’t - think of how many people would kill themselves because they’re just a normal human.
While frank from next door is getting it on with the girl from down the street in mid-air.

Also - they would be criminals... not hero’s.

Money corrupts.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Superheroes are real. Jack Kevorkian was one.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I would love if Superman was real, but it have to be the Christopher Reeve one

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I've thought about this a little. Some comic books have covered the idea of what real superheroes would be like (like Watchmen, the book being much better than its adaptations, and The Boys) It might solve some problems but would cause new ones. For one thing, they would represent that the system isn't working and so, in a way, their presence would represent that something is fundamentally wrong with modern society (not that there isn't.) Not only would the establishment hate them and vilify them to no end (but for those profiting off their existence,) but it would create a sense of anarchy is good in the culture. Look at the Far Left activists and the harm their existence has done to our modern world as of late. Imagine now superheroes standing up to save us all, thus placing themselves on a pedestal above the law, the established order, and modern social and ethical structure. There would be tons of young people abandoning their futures to try to be superheroes or to become their real-life sidekicks. The existence of superheroes would create a sense that somehow the individual is more important than law and order, politics or the world as a whole. If one person has the apparent right and possible obligation to stand up and save the world, than police and the military would seem stagnant and useless. There would be an increasing lack of respect for the old institutions and a rising of individuality (which may be good in some ways but horrible in others.)

A new ideology of self-importance would rise unlike anything the world had ever seen before. Lots of division and feuding. IF, however, the major superheroes were more accepted by the establishment and the superheroes paid it respect, then superheroes could naturally integrate into our culture as usually depicted in comic books. How realistic would this situation actually be is hard to say. If superheroes actually existed, it would depend on the wisdom of the current leadership in power, I suppose.
edit on 7-2-2020 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Steveogold

dirty -YES
old - NO
git - Not exactly, just, ah, "hard"....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join