It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

president trump gives Sotu

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

I caught her story about the kid who filled in potholes with dirt.

OK, good intentions and all that, I would never reprimand a kid for taking that kind of incentive. But what she didn't mention is that the dirt will compact and the holes will be back in a few weeks. And in order to actually finish them, all that dirt has to be removed! The kid in the story unknowingly made it harder to fix the potholes. She is praising someone for making the potholes dirtier and harder to fix!

If she is that clueless, how is she even in a public office? And now getting the honor of giving the State of the Union rebuttal? My God, their idea of infrastructure must be to dynamite the highways or something!

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
As a vet I found it absolutely disgusting that the Democrats refused to clap, with the widow of one of the soldiers killed by Iranian-backed militias in the room at the killing of Soleimani. And then when the chant of "USA!" broke out for the soldier just returned from war, they all sat down.

The party is a joke and # you if you support them.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
How can democrats make America Great Again?

What is their answer?

How can democrats improve my life?

What additional freedoms will democrats allow me to have?

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Her idea to "fix the dsmn roads (campaign slogan" was at the cost of 45 cents per gallon of gasoline.

Now being in Michigan, were accustomed to poor roads. Also, there is already more than half a dozen taxes for those roads.

As you can imagine, her plan failed in the legislature and now she's cashing in state bonds to attempt making her campaign promise.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

• The freedom to have no job.
  • The freedom to have no money.
  • The freedom to have no health insurance.
  • The freedom to do as you are told.
  • The freedom to hate yourself for your skin color.
  • The freedom to beg the government for the chance to eat scraps.
TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
How can democrats make America Great Again?

What is their answer?

How can democrats improve my life?

They can lighten your load
Your wallet will be noticeably lighter

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Trump gave a very good speech and honored some fine Americans
Good night for potus

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Pelosi said she ripped up the speech because she thought “it was the most courteous thing to do.”

nevermind
edit on 4-2-2020 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I drove through Detroit once coming back from Canada. Those were the worst roads I have ever driven on. Potholes, some completely through the asphalt, were every few feet in every direction. The road texture was ribbed. Large sections were simply gravelled over. I have literally driven on field roads that were much smoother and safer than these roads, and these were four-lane paved roads in the middle of town!

I have a running joke with my trucker friends... when I finally got close to Toledo, I heard myself say words I never thought could possibly be uttered in that order:

"Thank God I'm almost to Ohio!"

At least now I know why your roads are the way they are.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I think someone already mentioned it....but I would really like to see how Mitt Romney is going to justify voting for impeachment after that SOTU....

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

He needs a spankin

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I have a comment to that....but I think it would be a TOS violation....lol.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I woulda drove back up through Canada myself instead of venturing into Ohio...

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I caught her story about the kid who filled in potholes with dirt.

OK, good intentions and all that, I would never reprimand a kid for taking that kind of incentive. But what she didn't mention is that the dirt will compact and the holes will be back in a few weeks. And in order to actually finish them, all that dirt has to be removed! The kid in the story unknowingly made it harder to fix the potholes. She is praising someone for making the potholes dirtier and harder to fix!

If she is that clueless, how is she even in a public office? And now getting the honor of giving the State of the Union rebuttal? My God, their idea of infrastructure must be to dynamite the highways or something!

TheRedneck

Her daddy was CEO (or something like that) of Blue Cross/Blue Shield. Tons of pharma money.

I HATE driving on some of our highways and forget back roads, almost all of them suck. There is a stretch of road nearby that I could take to and from work but I won't because there is a mile of the roughest, patched a hundred times road that will tear up your car. A dirt road would be better. That's just one of many in our county and multiply that by every county, then add the major highways that are crap and that's our state. One of the most beautiful in the country but you can't get from point A to B without risking damage to your vehicle.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Pelosi said she ripped up the speech because she thought “it was the most courteous thing to do.”

You know Pelosi.....it’s not like she would want to read it, to know what’s in it.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Her idea to "fix the dsmn roads (campaign slogan" was at the cost of 45 cents per gallon of gasoline.

Now being in Michigan, were accustomed to poor roads. Also, there is already more than half a dozen taxes for those roads.

As you can imagine, her plan failed in the legislature and now she's cashing in state bonds to attempt making her campaign promise.

I heard on the radio last week that she finally gave up on the tax idea. We'll see how effective the bonds are.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Between Nancy's hissy fit at the end there and the utter lack of coherent rebuttal from what's left of the DNC, I can't imagine anyone on the left can beat Trump. His Kung Fu is way too strong right now. I'm 100-percent on board for the Mars thing. I'd like to see America take a huge stab west to the moon and beyond. We need renewed American dreams.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: toolgal462
She looks like a pothole

I live in Michigan.....worst roads in the country.
She’s done nothing so far for them and probably never will, she is a Dem.

Is that sign still erected near New Buffalo, advising drivers on I-94 to hold the steering wheel tightly, due to large pavement "irregularities"?

I am sure it is, I have been hitting the same potholes on my side of the state for 25 years now.
Wow. I noticed three potholes recently in my area, about a month later, they were patched.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
I think someone already mentioned it....but I would really like to see how Mitt Romney is going to justify voting for impeachment after that SOTU....

Do you remember the story of the Frog and the Scorpion?

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join