It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Illness- Could it be Coronavirus?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk
a reply to: oriondc

It's a great hospital for sure, my third time there. MRSA is a nasty thing as we had an immediate outbreak of that when pieces of the space shuttle landed in my neighborhood several years back when I lived in Texas- 2/3 of the neighborhood got it. Makes me wonder just what the heck was all on that shuttle- but that is another story.

Two-thirds of your neighborhood randomly contracted MRSA? From space debris?

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I work in a hospital and have for 15 years. It's called contact precautions. Could be anything from MRSA to C Dif

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk
a reply to: oriondc

It's a great hospital for sure, my third time there. MRSA is a nasty thing as we had an immediate outbreak of that when pieces of the space shuttle landed in my neighborhood several years back when I lived in Texas- 2/3 of the neighborhood got it. Makes me wonder just what the heck was all on that shuttle- but that is another story.

Two-thirds of your neighborhood randomly contracted MRSA? From space debris?

Yep. Debris from the shuttle landed in several places in the neighborhood. Imagine being out early in the morning mowing your front ditch before it gets hot and you look up to guys in clean suits all over your yard looking for something- and they're all over your neighbor's yards too. Then people all over the neighborhood start breaking out with what they assume are boils or infected bug bites- enough to hit all local news stations. Turned out to be MRSA. It happened in other parts of the state that got hit with debris as well. If I recall correctly they had to close some schools in a few places to disinfect to nip it in the bud.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

we had an immediate outbreak of that when pieces of the space shuttle landed in my neighborhood several years back when I lived in Texas

That is very interesting.

You or Groot should make a thread about that.

A quick search shows there has been MRSA in space before.

MRSA in space

The weekly geekfest that is Aviation Week and Space Technology reports that the payload of the space shuttle Atlantis includes a MRSA experiment. The goal is to investigate whether bacteria held in the microgravity of space become more virulent — this was done earlier with salmonella — and then to determine whether any new virulence markers suggest targets for a potential staph vaccine.
The link to Aviation Week and Space Technology in the story is 404'ed.

Elon Musk’s SpaceX is Launching a Superbug Into Space

So, why would scientists launch this dangerous bacterium into space and bring it aboard the ISS? Well, not for any nefarious or dastardly reason. The purpose of this project is to accelerate the mutations of the bacterium, allowing the scientists to watch the progression of the bug quicker than it’s progression on Earth, getting information ahead of those of us back home.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join