It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7,000 people quarantined on a cruise ship as couple on board are tested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

well, this could rapidly get of hand with seven thousand potentially getting sick and medics possibly catching the virus! The couple are only at this stage being tested but the ship has been cruising around the med since December, stopping off at La Spezia, Savona, Marseille, Barcelona, and Mallorca. The couple are thought to have boarded at Savona on January 25, having flown from Hong Kong to Milan's international airport the same day.

An Italian cruise ship with 7,000 people on board is being held off the coast after a Chinese woman fell ill with a suspected case of coronavirus. The Costa Smeralda vessel is currently being held in port at Civitavecchia, 35 miles north of Rome, after a 54-year-old woman from Macau came down with a fever. She and her husband, who is not thought to have symptoms, were immediately placed in solitary confinement and have been tested for the virus.

The woman, who has not been identified, contacted medics on board on Wednesday night to say she had a temperature and was suffering respiratory problems

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   
live feed

live streaming of the ship,
not much happening around it so far

another live from The Sun
live feed 2

edit on 30-1-2020 by KindraLaBelle because: link added

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   
So now the cruise lines are all going to be affected.
Really people, I think some of us here feel uneasy and really should stock up on whatever it takes to ride this thing out.
Personal isolation might just be a good thing. For me, no Chinese restaurants, no pre-made meals at the convenience stores (7-11) and will try not to ride the trains. No malls for the time being too.
Is it true that China now is closing its country to where people can not leave? Japan time 10 pm 1-30-20

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Macau is an "administrative" region on Southern Coast of China, right next to Hong Kong. Definitely sounds like quarantining this ship is a good idea. Might need to re-outfit the thing to be a makeshift hospital. At least they are in Italy with better resources/support than China currently has...

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Real nightmare.

7000 people doomed to hell for at least the next week or so, whether the results are positive or negative.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Yay. Something else to be thankful for.
I am not crammed on a ship with 7,000 other people, with one of them possibly infected with a dangerous virus.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Real nightmare.

7000 people doomed to hell for at least the next week or so, whether the results are positive or negative.

Exactly. Imagine being stuck on this ship for 2 weeks with nowhere to go to escape, uness of course you are a good swimmer and jump overboard

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I have heard of so many people getting sick on those cruise ships over the years that I would never go on one. If you are in a sardine can with other sardines, food poisoning and disease spreads easily.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Real nightmare.

They should get a free cruise for that, and also not be penalized for changing their flights, the cruise line insurance should be required to cover that. If they know they will be getting another free trip, maybe the passengers will not get so stressed and be able to enjoy their trip.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
No thank you. I'd rather take my chances and swim!

Cruise ships are notorious when it comes to viruses and infections anyway. Good luck to them!

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoxerBrawler
No thank you. I'd rather take my chances and swim!

Cruise ships are notorious when it comes to viruses and infections anyway. Good luck to them!

Looks like the number of cases on this particular ship keeps escalating. Now up to 218 Coronavirus cases on just one cruise ship!

twitter.com...

If the virus really is airborne, this ship needs to leave the heavily populated port, and head out to international waters.

top topics

join