It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More parents trying to make the kids taller?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Apparently, more and more parents across North America and Europe and parts of Asia are pumping thousands (sometimes, tens of thousands of dollars) in an effort to make their kids reach gain an extra few inches in their "final" adult height.

The basics is that HGH lengthens the long bones in the body and estrogen apparently delays the closure of the epiphyseal plates. So combination of these injections/treatments is alleged to make kids (or folks who didn't quite finish "growing") taller than they would have been.

What do you think of this? (There's also a certain ideological element to it as well on some aspects...)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I didn’t grow as tall as I should’ve.
My girlfriend is very happy about that, she’s very short, so me being 6ft4” wouldn’t have worked...

I’m the standard 5ft 11”.
I’m pretty happy with that.

Also - I’m sure these injections have certain side effects?
People are crazy..

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   
As a tall person, I can say this...the world is built for short people.

The shoe store always has size 8-9 in every selection imaginable, not so much in 14EEE.
The shirt store always has M-L sizes, not so much in XXXL.
The pants store always has pants with 29-31" inseams, but not so much in 36" inseams.
You can always find a hat in 6-7/8", but not so much in 7-5/8".
Airplane seats? Don't even get me started!
Cars? Can anyone say...clown car? I don't get "in" a car, I put a car "on" (like a shirt, a tight shirt).

If my parents gave me HGH to be tall when I was a kid, I'm diggin' 'em up and kickin' their asses!

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: IndigoLLC

My youngest daughter was diagnosed as having Marfan syndrome.

Marfan syndrome is caused by defects in a gene called fibrillin-1. Fibrillin-1 plays an important role as the building block for connective tissue in the body. The gene defect also causes the long bones of the body to grow too much. People with this syndrome have tall height and long arms and legs.

It sounds like Parents are trying to create this defect in their children. It has drawbacks too. Exasperated muscle and joint pains naturally. The worse is the growth that is internal. Heart and lung conditions that worsen and place them in high risk.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I remember seeing a documentary on HBO waaaaaayyy back when I was younger about midgets in Hollywood. It talked about all of the rules they had in their unions regarding height, faking height for movie roles, and what happens if you try to cheat those rules. One particular guy actually gained a little more height by having his legs broken, the bones slowly separated, and allowed them to heal in a way that reconnected them while also lengthening them.

So, there's always that option.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

One would have to be insane to mess with natural hormone levels, but one would have to be far beyond insane to mess with their kids' natural hormone levels (for any reason.)

My guess is we're still at minimum 100 years from having a complete understanding of such bodily systems and the domino/waterfall effects of changing them.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
IT IS!

I get the added pleasure of the basic 'human-bear-man' shape due a genetic thing in the family, and uuummmm the tendency too (ahem...) gain a little around the midriff... yep... mmmm...

Anyway, as I was saying, or agreeing to. The world is built for smaller people. Not just height but even in shoulder width.

I have no problem fitting in a economy class seat on an Airplane. Still don't need the fat man extender for the seat-belt, but, I do have to sit sideways from the waste up, twisted in my seat, so my shoulders don't run into my seatmates head.

And don't get me started on small cars. Sitting in one of those is like willfully allowing yourself to first fall into a hole because the car-seat 5.5 feet below you.

Ummm what it feels like washing dishes at those tiny little cupboards... Stuff you just don't realize until you have to.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Are they trying to create a Nephilim?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Do you have a link? What's the definition of "more and more"?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Newt22

Countertops...that's another one! People just can't understand how bending over at that slight angle to get down to the countertop is just agony over any length of time!

When I built my work benches in my shop, I built them so the tops are 42" off the floor (fully 6" taller than a normal 36" countertop / bench). I'd have done this in the kitchen too, but "the Shrimp" (my bride) is only about 5'-3" so I left the counters at the normal height.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Did you ever think of chopping veggies on your knees, Mongo?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Weird, why would people pay money for that. Buy more pears for the kids if you want to stimulate HGH, or tell them to eat the watermelon close to the Rind, the stuff that is not so sweet. Both of those things have hormones that increase HGH. Canned pears or peaches work too, most of the hormones in pears are heat stable in cooking heats used to canned pears.

Or eat the pears fresh, when they are yellow and soft, eat the skin, it is concentrated in or near the skin. Unripe pears have little of this.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Being a woman with long limbs is a pain. I had to wear men's shirts if I wanted real long sleeves and not just 3/4 ones. The trend to wear overlong sleeves that come to midway down the back of your hand ensures I can have long sleeves right now, but lots of my shirts are men's even so or just short sleeve.

And when you're tall, everyone asks you to get stuff down for them.

Your waist size and your leg length on pants never synchs up.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Did you ever think of chopping veggies on your knees, Mongo?

Mongo only pawn in game of life.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Weird, why would people pay money for that. Buy more pears for the kids if you want to stimulate HGH, or tell them to eat the watermelon close to the Rind, the stuff that is not so sweet. Both of those things have hormones that increase HGH. Canned pears or peaches work too, most of the hormones in pears are heat stable in cooking heats used to canned pears.

Or eat the pears fresh, when they are yellow and soft, eat the skin, it is concentrated in or near the skin. Unripe pears have little of this.

Trying to do it naturally just doesn't work for some folks. Such things as nutrient precursors, nutritious HGH-enhanching foods etc are seen as not as effective as actual hormones being pumped into people (like some farmers do to cows to get them bigger or some bodybuilders do to get themselves really large)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Trying to do it naturally just doesn't work for some folks. Such things as nutrient precursors, nutritious HGH-enhanching foods etc are seen as not as effective as actual hormones being pumped into people (like some farmers do to cows to get them bigger or some bodybuilders do to get themselves really large)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I have a nephilim grandson. He is 3 years old , weighs almost 73 lbs and wears a size 7-8 in clothes. We should have named him juggernaut. He has a barrel chest and these big ham fists. he isnt a lardass either... he is a solid chunk. I know why giant country boys cut the arms off their flannels now. I NEVER knew. I thought it was because they wanted to show off. Nope. Its cause their giant arms dont fit in arm holes made for normal human beings. I bought him a cute ( size 8) flannel shirt and cords for new years party we were going to. Dang kid.. I couldnt fit his arms in the arm holes! Now I know.

Ever seen tantrums from a kid of that size?? Im only 5'4".. he's kicking my ass!

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Being a woman with long limbs is a pain. I had to wear men's shirts if I wanted real long sleeves and not just 3/4 ones. The trend to wear overlong sleeves that come to midway down the back of your hand ensures I can have long sleeves right now, but lots of my shirts are men's even so or just short sleeve.

And when you're tall, everyone asks you to get stuff down for them.

Your waist size and your leg length on pants never synchs up.

Im real small and proportionate at 5'4"... seems most stuff is made for my size. Not saying my daughter isnt a knockout.. I posted a pic on here of her and some guy kept privating me wanting to BUY her.. FTW! Anyway.. My poor oldest daughter is 5'11" and just like that. SHirts never fit her right. Forget lingerie.. her torso is too long. She too wears mens shirts and etc for the exact same reason. Shes thin and athletic.. but like you she cant get pants that fit her so she wears mostly her work out or running pants. Jeans are almost impossible to find that fit the waist and length right. She wears a size 11 shoe. Its drned near impossible to find her shoes! I order them for her online. I joked to her that we could go to a drag queen or tranny store online.. she took me seriously and went to look at their heels! We were desperate. LOL!

Pro tip from her : if you get womens shirts with those thumb holes sometimes you can wear them from the womens department. WooHoo..

BTW.. she is the one that gave me the nephilim grandson. LOL!

new topics

top topics

join