It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am starting to get really sick of Sirius XM

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
If you do leave them, they'll do everything they can to get you to stay, then, still years later, call/mail you bring you to take them back. Should be able to get some deep discount this way, at the the least.

We dropped them years ago when they mucked about with the programming on Faction at the time. Still get calls and letters from them, years and three addresses later.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Yeah xm sucks. Try Spotify.
The best bitrate and it's cheap.

LOL, the best bitrate compared to what?

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
I agree with alot of what you said

I admit the convenience of having a clear (outside of being say in a tunnel ) radio stations is nice.

kids have some favorite stations (kidsbop for one) to keep them happy and we love the comedy (when they are not).

but the biggest issue I have is their pricing SCAM .... yes I said it ... SCAM

they offered a to good to be true first year (think it with taxes was less than 100).
but they claim you have to have "automatic resubscribe " at end of the year.

first year I bought that crap...

I noticed that if you dont cancel before the year they automatically charge you and the price went from under 100 to almost 400 with taxes.

I said WTF...

two weeks before it ran out I told them to cancel since I could not afford 400.
after an attempted sales pitch they said "just a second".... SURPRISE they came back with a "deal" of 140ish (with tax) deal..
after much debate with the wife and my kids (one special needs) loved the stations said ok.
but told them I wanted to cancel autopay for a paper billing... after some (ok alot) resistance they said ok.

but when sent the bill SAME DAMN THING... price jump to 350ish for same dam service.

again did the same thing.. told them I could not afford it even at 140 and wanted 100.

again with the sales pitch then "let me check"... well again SURPRISE they got WITH TAXES 125.
reluctantly said ok and told them (less resistance but still there) NO AUTOPAY but paper bill..

this year my car got clobbered (my go to work beater with a heater) by a deer .. picked up another one with free 3 months sirus.... this time told them NO to keeping it no matter what the price... still bugging me today to come back.

well the family van renewal came up and told them NO ... then stuck to my guns on "well want to keep me 100 with tax no more"
after some checking and finding out I dont listen to sports or howard stern (never ask me this before) or any of the 25 plus spanish channels they gave it to me 100 for a year (again no pre pay) .

well this # is getting old quick.

instead of trying to screw people if they dont pay attention to bill why not offer good deal EVERY DAMN YEAR WITHOUT THE GAMES.

hell I might even pay for two years in a row if deal good.

that is my main beef and why next time as kids older (and some cell services) tell them to go scratch.

offer fair price all the time with no games and people will join and stay.

scrounger

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
back in 2004 or 2005 was offered a one time $500 payment for a lifetime subscription. Turned out to be a solid investment.

I actually like deep cuts, but I agree some of the live versions of songs are really bad recordings.

To clarify a bit, this was before the Sirius/XM merge and I don't think they even had in console receivers yet, so this is for the portable unit, but it just connects with a separate antenna and plugs into what we old people call the cigarette lighter.
edit on 28-1-2020 by usernameconspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I would never pay to listen to music or radio

Am/fm still have good stations.

By me they have a ton of classic rocks stations

One good 90s station

Got your rap, 97.1 , then your r and b...is z100 still big.

Am is king of conservative talk radio

Thankfully I still.have thousands of songs from Napster back in the day

top topics

<< 1   >>

join