It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things that won't happen;- The return of the giants

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn
Do you find the word peace treaty instead of covenant in Daniels 70 weeks? If so then you have corrupted the word of God.
Jesus never mentions giants in the days of Noah so how do you read that into the passage? Is that not a doctrinal position not the word?

edit on 24-1-2020 by JON666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I believe it is a combination of the many things some of you have brought up on here, and I think we are end times now. Either beginning the tribulation period or entering it very soon

My family escaped the genocide that took place in Turkey and Armenia. We are Armenians, and had a farm near the base of mount Ararat in Turkey, until 1910. We listened to the prophecy of a young Russian Christian child and came to America as God instructed us through him. Everyone else died. 1.5 million. Only 4 families with our last name made it here.

It is many of the things you brought up, and they are happening right now. All of them.

There is a book about my people. It is now out of print, but used copies do turn up on ebay. It is called " The happiest people on Earth.

Adolf made reference to my people before he slaughtered the Jews. He said " The world did nothing about the Armenians, surely they wont do anything about the Jews"

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
Yes, the arrival of tribulation is a warning sign, or rather the Return of Christ is partly a response to the tribulation, Giod "redeeeming" his people- but we've got an indutrsy of speculators trying to work out things in much more detail.

It's like saying "The police will arrive soon after you report burglars". Given that information, the arrival of the burglars is a warning sign, if you like, of the arrival of the police. However, there's no point in trying to predict the latter event before the first event has happened.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JON666
Yes, exactly, which is why it makes sense to rely on Jesus' own explanation of what it means.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I don't know. I always thought days of Noah was reference to how badly men were behaving that God felt he needed to wipe them all out and start it over.

If Jesus himself takes the trouble to explain what he means by the phrase (in the folowing verse), why shouldn't people accept his own explanation instead of trying to work out a different one?
The message of Revelation is that the Return of Christ is triggered when the generation are not just wicked but also persecuting the church.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth
Jesus himself explains what he means by the phrsae, and he doesn't say any of that.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   
For heavens' sake, the "word of God" explanation of the phrase "days of Noah" is the one contained IN THE WORDS OF JESUS HIMSELF in the following verse. All I'm doing is quoting and relying on the explanation that Jesus gives.

What you are doing is IGNORING THE WORDS OF JESUS and relying on explanations which human speculators have created.

I do recommend that you read Matthew ch24 carefully, for once, instead of reading carelessly, and ponder deeply on the connection between v37 and v38.

What you are saying is Jesus Christ is a liar and you know better than he.

No, YOU are calling Jesus a liar, because you disregard his own explanation of what he means.
I believe the statement about "in the days of Noah" and also the explanation that he gives. You are the disbeliever.

If only you would read things with full understanding of what you read. So many conflicts would disappear.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage
Actually there is avery easy way to understand what Jesus means by the phrase, and that is to follow his own explanation in the next verse. Why can't people be content with that?

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Now before you is the word of God. Jesus said, as it was in the days of Noah so shall it be when he returns...
What you are saying is Jesus Christ is a liar and you know better than he.

I am believing the word of God and you are not.
You are calling Jesus a liar, and I am not.

For heaven's sake, the "word of God" explanation of the phrase "in the days of Noah" is IN THE WORDS OF JESUS HIMSELF in the following verse. I believe Jesus, and I believe his own explanation. You are ignoring the words of Jesus in v38, and respecting the ideas of human speculators who are also ignoring the words of Jesus. Let that sink in- you are following human guidance instead of following the guidance of Jesus.

Your avatar suggests that you are in a permanent state of anger which prevents you from reading things carefully. Something is preventing you, certainly. You shout loud enough to make yourself deaf to anything God says to you.

I do recommend that you open up your Bible at Matthew ch24, prepared to read carefully, and ponder deeply on the connection between v37 and v38.

edit on 25-1-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

teh giants will NEVER return - because odin kept his campaingn promises

edit on 25-1-2020 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI Thing of it is,.I'm an old man and I have witnessed things in my lifetime that were beyond description,and had them verified,so don't discount anything,you might find out the hard way

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2
My concern is with what the Bible is, or is not, telling us to expect. As with the previous threads in this series, some things may be theoretically possible, but it doesn't follow that we should make them part of our Biblically-sourced expectation.

edit on 25-1-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Sons of God, son of man, and the son of god.

I'd love some elaboration on the terms above.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

A person can read it 1,000 times and not be any closer to God. My brother is proficient in scripture and he is fully capable of using it to satisfy and support his own distorted perspective but he is still a manipulative narcissist that doesn't know God. And there are others in my family that do not poses the same underlying traits but also renders their interpretations as moot rendering their scholarly conclusions invalid. What I'm saying here is that being a bible scholar doesn't sanctify that person rendering their interpretation invalid just as his are. It does point a person in the right direction and bolster an individuals belief and faith in God but it is not God. It is God's word subject to all of the misinterpretations and manipulations the human mind can envision. I do not worship God's word, I worship God.
You are most certainly correct in that receiving the holy spirit, first, is essential in understanding his word. No Spirit, no real understanding...

By the way, I'm not the bible scholar in the family. I deal in concepts.
edit on 25-1-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

What prompts the individual to read the bible is their underlying need and desire to know God and is the spirit offering them a starting point to knowing and understanding God. Maybe you place to much weight in the word itself. It's the means to an end.

A person can know God without ever reading the first word of the bible.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

You are way off. Look here and notice to key words AS and SO. Luke 17:6 And AS it was in the days of Noe, SO shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. The Days of the Son of may will be in his second coming and he is saying it will be like it was in the says of Noe.

You do not believe the words are they are written you change it to fit your own private interpretation.

You are in no position to recommend to me to read the Bible when you cannot discern what is the time of when the "AS It WAS" and "SO it shall be in" will take place.

False teachers abound in the last days of which you are one.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

It states clearly in the Bible in Genesis Chapter 6 that
there were giants in the Earth in those days.
David slew Goliath,a giant, in 1 Samuel chapter 17.

I did research into UFO's for over 20 years and used my
King James Bible as one of my sources. I stopped all of
my research when I finally realized that the fallen angels
were behind the UFO mysteries.

I have read Matthew chapter 24 many,many,many times
during my 65 years on Earth.
Genesis chapter 6 verses 8 and 9 Noah found grace in the
eyes of the Lord.These are the generations of Noah:Noah
was a just man and perfect in his generations,and Noah
walked with God.

The fallen angels had corrupted the gene pool of humanity.
Their evil imaginations had taken over and only Noah was
found to be perfect.

What we have going on in our life times now...
Gene splicing,artificial intelligence,family values nearly
destroyed,belief in God and the Bible almost destroyed,
wicked pleasures taking over and taught to be normal and
good.The list goes on.

I know that we are living in the end times and Yeshua/Jesus
is coming back soon.We have to focus on our relationship with
God and Yeshua/Jesus first.We shouldn't waste time bickering
over personal interpretations of scripture,salvation first and
foremost.Everything will be explained in due time.
This is the sabbath and I won't spend anymore time on this today.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Look here and notice to key words AS and SO. Luke 17:6 And AS it was in the days of Noe, SO shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. The Days of the Son of may will be in his second coming and he is saying it will be like it was in the says of Noe.

You mean Luke ch17 v26, and you yourself are again failing to notice the words that follow.
Please read through the whole passage;

v26 "So will it be in the days of the Son of man."
vv27-29 A full description of exactly what "they" were doing in the days of Noah and the days of Lot
v30 "So will it be on the day when the Son of man is revealed" (which means the same thing as v26)

In other words, everything between v26 and v30 is the explanation given by Jesus himself of the phrase "so will it be".

Read, for God's sake, read, for God's sake, READ!

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
It states clearly in the Bible in Genesis Chapter 6 that
there were giants in the Earth in those days.

Indeed, but the question is whether Jesus was referring back to that verse when he spoke in Matthew ch24.

I have been trying to point out that Jesus himself explains what he means.
The explanation comes in the very next verse, which begins with the word "For..." That is, he is now explaining what he has just said. What the dickens is wrong with reading and accepting his own explanation?

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Things that won't happen in the end times:

1. The end times

Empires will rise and fall but this rock will continue to rotate and revolve until the Sun explodes. And the galaxy wont pause in memoriam or even get a notification. Like a dead pixel on your monitor except the monitor is the diameter of our sun, and I am not using hyperbole here.
edit on 25-1-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88
When Jesus says "Son of man", he means himself. That includes those times when he refers to the future coming of the Son of man (based on the vision of Daniel ch7 v13)
The other questions are not related to the topic of what Jesus meant when he spoke in Matthew ch24.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join