It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda May Have Targeted Oscar-Winner Crowe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Oscar-winning actor Russell Crowe said he may have been a target of an al Qaeda kidnap plot in early 2001, part of a bid by the militant network to "culturally destabilize" the United States.
www.reuters.com.../GetContent

The artical doesn't say how or why they thought Al Qaeda was planning on kidnapping Crowe, but if their plan was to "culturally destabilize" the United States in the process, then I think Al Qaeda may need to do a little more research into the nationality of their would be kidnappees

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I shall quote Fark headline regarding this story, I think it describes the situation in a somewhat amusing way:

"Al-Qaeda had plans to kidnap Russell Crowe in an attempt to bring America and its unbridled devotion to celebrity to its knees. However, their plan was scrapped when they realized Americans were ok with it."

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Can I suugees they kidnap colin farrell and Oliver Stone instead? I'll help. Especially after how they turned the greatest general inhstory into a pensive whining sissy.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
"Al-Qaeda had plans to kidnap Russell Crowe in an attempt to bring America and its unbridled devotion to celebrity to its knees. However, their plan was scrapped when they realized Americans were ok with it."

I, for one, would have a problem if they kidnapped Crowe. Right now, he's my favorite actor. The guy makes epic movies. Al-Qaeda should feel free to kidnap in no particular order: Ben Affleck, Jennifer Lopez, Britney Spears, Ashlee Simpson, Clay Aiken, and a host of others that I can't think of right off the top of my head.

Peace

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
For whatever reason the original link is not working.

Here's another link to the story:
www.boston.com...

An interesting quote from the story:

Crowe said that at some point the FBI "thought the threat had probably or had possibly been overstated, and then they started to question their sources ... ."

very strange. i was under the impression Crowe was anti-war so i cant think of any reasoning to target him.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Al queda if your listening, please rid us of the infdel Affleck, I beg you

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Can I suugees they kidnap colin farrell and Oliver Stone instead? I'll help. Especially after how they turned the greatest general inhstory into a pensive whining sissy.

Are you out of your mind!!! Oliver Stone just happened to direct the greatest movie of all time, IMO, JFK. And Colin Farrell? He's cast as Sonny Crockett in the upcoming Miami Vice movie directed by Michael Mann. I can hardly wait for the movie version of, what I think was, the greatest television show in history. Directed by the same guy who created the TV show no less.

Peace

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Al queda if your listening, please rid us of the infdel Affleck, I beg you

I sooooooo agree!!! Afflek has done more to "culturally destabilize" America than Al Qaeda could ever do.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Still doesnt excuse what the did to Alexander.
I mean how do you make a move about the greatest generl who ever lived and only put 10 minutes of battle n it?

Yeah mami vice rocked, I got to go on the set a few times as a kid when they were filming near my house since my aunt was dateing (what was his name the fat whte guy)
Thomas was very very cool, but Johnson is just a straight up asshole.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
for starters al queda could take: THE FOLLOWING HIGH PROFILE CELEBRITIES

1.mICHEALJACKSON
2. CHRIS ROCK
3.SHAH RUK KHAN
4. LINDSHAY LOHAN
5. CLAY AIKEN

6.MIKE TYSON( they definately need a boxer in their ranks)

7. Oh what glee! Nicole kidman
8. Tom Cruise
9. Brad pitt.
I will assist them,lol! and provide them with a list,lol!

what a joke! dou ppl really believe Crowe?!

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   

It is a well documented fact that Alexander was Bi-sexual if not out and out right Homosexual. This doesn't take away from his greatness in anyway. People seem to have a problem when their very of reality is wrong...

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Does he have a new movie coming out? Is he in need of some press? Isn't he the one who got his ass kicked by a chick in a bar fight. Please, this guy is no more a threat to AQ than janet jackson.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Does he have a new movie coming out? Is he in need of some press? Isn't he the one who got his ass kicked by a chick in a bar fight. Please, this guy is no more a threat to AQ than janet jackson.

Don't know about the validity of Crowe's claims, but according to the artical, it's not because he was a threat to Al Qaeda, but becuase his kidnapping would cause America to unravel at the seams

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Freedy prince jr. said you stink. paul w. anderson thinks that allah is a loser. And in total agreement with the above posters: ben affleck said: muslim women mask their faces because they look as ugly as their men.

trust me, allah aghbar!

[edit on 9-3-2005 by feyd rautha]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Dear Al Qaeda: Please kidnap every host, producer, and writer of every single "reality" tv program. Those American's that do not collapse and go into shock from Fear Factor/Survivor/American Idol withdrawl will surely thank your organization.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Does he have a new movie coming out?

I certainly hope not, I did read about this in one of the papers here,
probably a ploy to boost Crowes already over inflated ego IMHO

Don't know about the validity of Crowe's claims, but according to the artical, it's not because he was a threat to Al Qaeda, but becuase his kidnapping would cause America to unravel at the seams

Kind of gives the whole thing away there

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett1972

It is a well documented fact that Alexander was Bi-sexual if not out and out right Homosexual. This doesn't take away from his greatness in anyway. People seem to have a problem when their very of reality is wrong...

No # bobfett, whats that got to do with the fact that he was portrayed as a pensive whining sissy?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
did anyone else see the segment this morning on the TOday show? Sounds like it may have been exaggerated a bit by crowe.

new topics

top topics

join