It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry because some Vegan food looks and tastes like meat

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Most vegans who “love animals” have no problem killing human babies. I find that ironic, but again, it isn’t my call what others do nor theirs regarding my choices.
edit on 2020/1/9 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: acackohfcc
fake meat ==
roundup & phytoestrogens

Real meat =
Whatever the terrified, abused and in pain animal is fed, IF he/she is fed = roundup & phytoestrogens & pesticides & chemicals and God knows what else. Oh yeah and animal meat will give you cancer plus you're eating bad karma.
Have fun with those medical bills.

OMG can I say that? I've never posted here in this forum, can I be mean here? What are the rules?

Meanwhile you have to take supplements since your plant diet is not enough. We are omnivores.

What are you going to eat when science proves plants feel pain or are sentient? There is already some proof of this buy the way.... let's not forget some plants are carnivores. Reconcile that one...

Please do not tell me what I have to do. I do not supplement. The supplementation thing is an old-school-school of thought. We already have a thread with dozens of pages about plants feeling pain. I will stand my ground on that point and that is: plants do not feel pain, they simply react to stimulus. There is no brain, there is no central nervous system and there is no locomotion. Without locomotion plants feeling pain or fear would go against the law of nature. It is as silly an argument as climate change

Carnivorous plants you say? Thank you for reinforcing my point on locomotion. Since carnivorous plants are entirely restricted to habitats such as bogs, where soil nutrients are extremely limited, the plant must make adaptations. They can't just get up and move ya know?

Just because we don't understand it doesn't mean its not there.

And the science isn't settled. In my weightless journey I've come across studies suggesting that plant based proteins are different and insufficient to cover the needs of our bodies, and that a long term vegan diet may actually do more harm than good because of this.

ETA: I meant weight loss, dyac. But hell, its funny so I'll leave it.
edit on 9-1-2020 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

I wish a lot more people would go vegan. It would lower the price of my steak!

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: blueman12
Only a psychopath would say that crushing a plant is anything like crushing a dog...

Who's eating crushed dog?

Thanks, Obama.

Honestly, I don't think anyone does exact maybe the people at that twisted Chinese dog festival thing.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Most vegans who “love animals” have no problem killing human babies. I find that ironic, but again, it isn’t my call what others do nor theirs regarding my choices.

Most vegans love animals so much that want to create mass extinctions of most domestic livestock because without our use of them, most species would have no reason to exist at all.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Ummm...so...you eat the entire carcass...

A...whole...food kinda gal...

I just cooked the quintessentially best prime rib roast...that I’ve ever had the chance to sink my canines into...

And tomorrow...I’ll shave the leftovers and make steak and gravy smothered sammiches...

I make one hell of a gourmet gravy...tastebud heaven...

So...you were sayin...?

YouSir

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

if you want to eat plastic whoppers, go nuts and have fun. I'll support your right to do that without question. Just don't tell me how to eat and we have no issues. I like my ribeye rare, with a tiny bit of char on the outside.

*Sigh* Again - I don't personally use replacement products.
Do you feel as if you are actually being told what to eat? or are you just saying that in general?

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

People should be able to eat whatever works for them and meets their needs. It’s called freedom and we should all be embracing it. Now if some vegan starts harassing me about my diet then we have a problem. It is none of their business just as their diet is none of mine.

Agree!

Yet people just can't help themselves

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
I am a meat eater and I love animals. Whooo, how can she do that. You can't love animals and kill them...
Yes you can. I am also an animal, an omnivore. On a deserted island I will catch and kill and eat a bunny when I get hungry.
I am all for eating animals if the following criteria are met:

- They have a good life
- They have a swift death [without transport, queuing in death line, getting their throats slashed for religious reasons]
- They have to be consumed and not chucked on a pile because too many were slaughtered

That's it.

If they can one day grow proper artificial meat - hey I am all for it. Unfortunately I don't know what to do with all the spare cows and pigs and chickens... with no predators, we will be swamped by them, even vegetarians, that means they have to be culled, only nobody will use their dead bodies for a good cause and they will all die for nothing
But we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

So yeah give me fake grown meat. Fine.

But don't give me those chemical concoctions with more dodgy ingredients than a natural base food. Do you know what they have to do to make a fake burger? The crap that goes in there to make it taste like meat, look like meat, behave like meat when fried?

Until they grow basic actual meat, everyone who eats this toxic goo and tells me I am bad for eating healthy dead animals [and thank them before I consume the tasty buggers], has not really thought this through.

You've got the right idea for sure! For me personally I feel conflicted even when the animal is killed ethically. But that's just me and I would never tell anyone else how to eat or how to feel about it

Yes, you at least sound like you get it.

In terms of the processing of meatless foods/burgers - people really need to start, at minimum, reading their food labels and paying attention to where their food comes from, how it was raised, the conditions, even the source seed when it comes to plants. Just because the words organic, or grass fed, or ethical are on the packaging doesn't mean a thing and that has been proven time and time again.

I can not even count on one hand the number of ethical dairy farms have been caught on video surveillance abusing their livestock.

I'll never forget the video last year where Perdue workers on a factory chicken farm were caught stepping on, boot-stomping and violently kicking these innocent little beings in a building so over crowded with chickens the poor things were literally on top of each other. It was #ing disgusting. I do not care who you are or what you believe, you got serious problems if this type of thing does not piss you off. People like that need to pay dearly for that type of abuse. I can only imaging how they treat their kids.

Perdue, who advertises that they are ethical and have happy chickens grazing on beautiful grassy fields somewhere... bull#! I contacted public relations and stirred the pot, actually got a response as well.

Just recently there was an investigation that uncovered the false advertising and horrid abuse of cows from Fairlife Milk farms.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Edumakated

Plant diet is enough without supplements. Maybe not if you're stranded in the woods , but many modern foods are fortified with things that are not easily found in plant foods like b vitamins.

Also, plants aren't anything like animals in terms of how they suffer.

Only a psychopath would say that crushing a plant is anything like crushing a dog...

But i know you omnivores have to make lame excuses and weak arguments as to why you continue to support factory farms and other forms of animal suffering.

Beautiful reply!
Roll the credits

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Wait. Did you just say that MOST vegans who love animals have no problem killing human babies?
You didn't really say that did you?

Okay... uhm…
Please provide me with the actual statistics that reflect that statement. Like did a legitimate source do a survey? I am going to need some proof on this one!

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...so...you eat the entire carcass...

A...whole...food kinda gal...

I just cooked the quintessentially best prime rib roast...that I’ve ever had the chance to sink my canines into...

And tomorrow...I’ll shave the leftovers and make steak and gravy smothered sammiches...

I make one hell of a gourmet gravy...tastebud heaven...

So...you were sayin...?

Yes! The entire thing! From the root to the leaves

Enjoy your blood, connective tissue and puss smothered in gravy sammies!
OH - save me some leftovers and mail them to me. Maybe I'll cover myself in gravy and run through the city with a meat is murder sign! hahaha

YouSir

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

I am actually OK with the number of non-vegans. The population of meat eaters will die off sooner than the Vegans. More lovely plants and animals for us

I am just joking of course. I don't wish sickness or death on anyone.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

That is what an abortion does.

Veganism and pro-choice ideology often march hand-in-hand. I guess some lives are just more worthy than others.

YMMV

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That is what an abortion does.

Veganism and pro-choice ideology often march hand-in-hand. I guess some lives are just more worthy than others.

YMMV

Clearly.
One of my favorite sayings, when a non-vegan says they love animals.
You don't love animals, you love pets.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
According to the Bible, vegans are possesed by demons!

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils ... commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. 1 Timothy 4:1-3

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

I am actually OK with the number of non-vegans. The population of meat eaters will die off sooner than the Vegans. More lovely plants and animals for us

I am just joking of course. I don't wish sickness or death on anyone.

while early studies did suggest a survival advantage for vegetarians and vegans, more recent and much higher-quality evidence has found no difference in lifespan between omnivores and vegetarians and vegans.

SOURCE

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   

So because I eat meat, I only love the animals in my life?

Clearly, it's impossible to respect the reality of where my dinner comes from and what that means then. Yes, something dies that other animals might live. That is how things are. At least I don't have to be cruel about it. Predators don't always have that choice.

But the child in the womb removed only for convenience is treated worse than any farm animal - created as an afterthought, thrown out as so much garbage. Even the factory farmed animals are eaten.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Because they are gentle snowflakes. Its the only answer I've ever come up with.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Actually, fake meat elicits two reactions in me:

1. Annoyance that they apparently think they can con us into eating it and not noticing it isn't meat by making it look that way.

2. Amusement that so many who are so proud of letting everyone know they DO NOT NEED MEAT still want so much that looks and tastes like it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join