It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impossible Pork For Muslims

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Just watched a video on the CEO. They are expanding to Burger King mock pork breakfast sandwiches. They also plan on doing chicken. Their goal is to eliminate meat entirely as a food source. Bold plan but, people really do like the Impossible Burger so who knows...

As for Muslims, would they eat fake pork? Would they ban it just for using the word pork? I do not know but technically, there is no pork in it. Would they stone to death someone who dressed and acted gay even thought they were straight as an arrow? I have no idea. Interesting time for Muslims and maybe a new dawn...

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

The "Religion of Peace" has yet to live up to its name. They need a Mecca 2.0, of sorts, where adherents can learn that they are no longer nomads living in the 7th century. They also need to take criticism and not try to kill those who leave their religion.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

If it didn't come from an animal with "cloven hooves" then there shouldn't be an issue for Muslims or Jews.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I can imagine they will make "impossible fish" next. Then when they get all the meat banned, they will reveal that the plant matter they are using is genetically modified and loaded with dioxins. Afterall, All those tons of barrels of Roundup need to go somewhere, and definitely not for free.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Anyone ever tried a vegie burger?

should be a bloody sin to eat....

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Don't you mean a "sappy" sin? No blood, remember.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Depends on the Muslim, my moms husband is Muslim, he loves bacon..cant get enough.

I have no idea how more devout would view it.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I don't think these new varieties are like your father's veggie burger.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Plenty of articles online about "impossible" meats and dog food.

Seems like the ingredients are nearly identical.

*woof*

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Marketing has to see they can't call it Impossible Pork over there. Call it the Impossible Infidel. Sure, it taste like pork, smells like pork but it's not. Infidels and Muslims could finally agree it taste pretty damn good. Lots of ways to expand it. Impossible beer, wine, cheap scotch whiskey....no boundaries.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If it didn't come from an animal with "cloven hooves" then there shouldn't be an issue for Muslims or Jews.

The very intelligent pig was a specifically engineered genetic *gift* to mankind because of the gestation period: from insemination of sow to piglet birth is 3 months 3 weeks and 3 days. This is impossibly quick; litters being 12-15?

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The problem being that their people haven't eaten it in over 1,000+ years. I'm not sure if they wonder about what it tastes like or find it inherently disgusting. Muslim and Jewish consumer groups would have to be surveyed and researched before a company would invest in creating a product for those markets..

It'd be really interesting to find out though. I don't think it'd be popular lol

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

I don't think these new varieties are like your father's veggie burger.

Tofu burger? Thanks to *soy* being added to EVERYTHING as a filler; I am now allergic to it.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

As for Muslims, would they eat fake pork? Would they ban it just for using the word pork? I do not know but technically, there is no pork in it. Would they stone to death someone who dressed and acted gay even thought they were straight as an arrow? I have no idea.

Maybe ask some instead of troll.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The very intelligent pig was a specifically engineered genetic *gift* to mankind because of the gestation period: from insemination of sow to piglet birth is 3 months 3 weeks and 3 days. This is impossibly quick; litters being 12-15?

To only mankind, not the animal kingdom? What would happen if mankind never used them as a food source for the past 200,000 years (and human ancestors for a million years I assume)?

Would they have overrun the ecosystem? I'm sure they would've been great for the predators but the sheer number of pigs would've been too great. If they reproduce that fast with that many offspring, why aren't there more in the wild and what would the wild look like if humans didn't monopolize on pork?

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel
The problem being that their people haven't eaten it in over 1,000+ years. I'm not sure if they wonder about what it tastes like or find it inherently disgusting. Muslim and Jewish consumer groups would have to be surveyed and researched before a company would invest in creating a product for those markets..

It'd be really interesting to find out though. I don't think it'd be popular lol

And to that I say Siskel and Ebert bashed the hell out of the Police Academy series. It went on the make 7 movies. Their opinions were highly unpopular.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
A friend of mines son works at Burger King after he gets out of school.

He told me that when they cook those impossible burgers that it smells like cooking a turd wrapped in a fart.

After he told me that, I lost any notion of ever buying one.

Call me old fashioned, but certain animals were meant to be used as a food source.
edit on 8-1-2020 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Is it wrong that when I saw this reported at one of the blogs I visit, that was my first thought? "Hmmm, the Middle East seems to be natural market. Bacon for those who cannot eat bacon!"

As for the rest, the Impossible beef has 5x the sodium content of regular burgers, and for a country where we're already told to stop eating highly processed food, I'm not sure how this highly processed fake meat is supposed to be healthy.

I also don't have any plans to go all vegan processed meatlike food product anytime soon. It's too much like Velveeta which is cheese that isn't cheese for my liking.

But that does raise an excellent question for a Muslim: What is most objectionable about pork religiously? Is it the actual meat or the implications of the source? If it's the former then this would seem to offer an acceptable alternative. If it's the latter then, just calling something pork will be enough to turn them off whether or not something actually is.

edit on 8-1-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Is it supposed to be healthy?

I think it's just an alternative to factory meat production.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I think they're doing all that just to make it cheaper.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join