It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Magic of Tea

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
“Strange how a teapot can represent at the same time the comforts of solitude and the pleasures of company.” – Author Unknown

I love tea. Not just drinking it but making it. Sharing a cup of tea that was prepared with care, and sharing it with a friend or neighbor is a very simple pleasure.

I was given a very beautiful, old fashioned cast iron tea pot for Christmas, by a family member that knows my passion for tea. It is a most appreciated gift and one that is used daily, sometimes more than that. I have been gifted decorative teapots, but this is one that is functional and has a traditional feel.

When making tea, just now, for my mother and me, I remembered how I loved serving tea, even as a child. My mother would handle the hot water and help me pour it into the cups for my siblings and friends. Serving tea is a way to share a few minutes in cordial conversation and fellowship. A simple communion that can be shared between the host and the guest, simple and congenial.

Tea is a common way that both the rich and poor, from all around the world share friendship. Tea aids with comfort, healing, warming, cooling, and so much more. If you have not experienced the magic of tea before, I suggest you give it a try.

Happy New Year.

“What better way to suggest friendliness – and to create it – than with a cup of tea?” – J. Grayson Luttrell

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

edit on 4-1-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
There are now some wonderful 420 tea preparations available at my dispensary. What a wonderful blessing to be able to sleep all nite pain free.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

What a lovely post! I brought cookies.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

A nice cup of tea is definitely something to sing about.

I think that as we are slipping away from face to face social gatherings, many are missing out on the simple pleasure of just sharing a nice sup of tea.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you!

Cookies, biscuits, scones, all perfect to serve with tea.

Welcome.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I would like to raise my cup and sing praise to the mighty tea leaf. I am drinking tea now. Teapigs darjeeling earl grey.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Oooh, I haven't had a scone in some time. I'll have to put that on my grocery list for next week. I have herbal teas, but need to get some regular tea.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

I enjoy earl grey tea.

Now I'm all psyched up for a tea party. LOL

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
I would like to raise my cup and sing praise to the mighty tea leaf. I am drinking tea now. Teapigs darjeeling earl grey.

Cheers

Same here....1/2 and 1/2 green w/420 blend, the pain and attitude adjustment elixir of choice today!

BBQ potato chips instead of cookies....

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Tea is special. It deserves care and thought before drinking.

I think ito en’s jasmine green tea is my favorite bottle tea nowadays. It is a light and refreshing full flavor but not bitter tea.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Well yes, my mellow Saturday afternoon activities led me to the tea

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'm a sucker for blends with mint in them myself, both black and herbal. Although I do love a good Earl Grey too. Working on an Earl Grey at the moment, but my all time favorite remains Bigelow's Plantation Mint -- black tea with spearmint.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I love all teas. Have you ever had earl grey ice cream? It is delicious. Just a hint of orange. Van Leeuwen makes an excellent one. One of my personal favorite ice cream flavors.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I've had green tea ice cream several times, but never Earl Gray. I'll have to see if I can find some. There is an excellent artisan ice cream shop in our area that rotates flavors seasonally, and it wouldn't surprise me if they do an Earl Gray at some point assuming I'm lucky enough to catch it.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The only tea I drink when I drink it is chamomile Tea with honey

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I like a cup of tea occasionally, but usually I go for coffee. I usually get the tea when we go to the Chinese buffet or a chinese restaurant.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I love just about all teas also. Since my friends and family know of my passion for tea, I am a super easy person to buy gifts for. Gratefully, this has provided me with a large assortment of different flavors and blends from all around the world.

It is fun to try something new and to experiment with creating my own blends, I still love the simple black, green, and ginger teas as well. The one tea that can send me rushing back in time to my childhood faster than any other, is sassafras tea. My Auntie used to take me out early in the morning to go gather the roots for drying and storing, when I would visit her every winter. That was the fun part. The smell is enough to trigger my cherished childhood memories with her.

I know sassafras has a bad rep, but there are a heck of a lot more unhealthy stuff I consume on regular basis that are more likely to do me in than my rare consumption of my soul lifting sassafras tea.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
these arent the tea memes i was looking for

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I assume the sassafras roots are from the same tree the traditional gumbo filé is used from. That is one useful tree.

When I was boy I would make pine needle tea in the mountains with the bright green new pine needles. I had read about it in a book was I was 8. That was life affirming, even at 8!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join