It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Q topics..some help please?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Okay, so maybe the Q series are just beyond my conspiratorial capacities. When Dashen posts them, I read them and but it all seems like incoherent babble to me. I want to understand it's purpose but I just don't. They get a lot of attention but I'm always left wondering what the hell is being said, if anything at all. I haven't see anything in the Q posts that I haven't already seen keeping up with current events.

Can someone explain what the Q series is about or what I'm apparently missing?

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This might help, but it is not a fansite.

More like the opposite of Q-fandom. Nevertheless.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

Honestly it is incoherent babble. It's kind of like shorthand to jog my memory about what happened in the last thread so it doesn't disappear into the memory hole. Those who went through the thread and read through it will find it will jog their memory too. Included in the word salad at the beginning of each thread is also links and screen caps and whatnot to help make better sense of this Absolute Data overload.

If you have any questions I would be glad to synopsize the overview in some sort of understandable way
edit on 1 2 2020 by dashen because: Zog

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

I feel better knowing it's more of a collage of things that have already taken place. The comments lead me to believe the posts were meant to be predictions and I couldn't wrap my head around that. Makes more sense already. Much appreciated, Dashen.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I mean respectfully at the beginning it says rundown of X number thread. I think you just skim through it really fast and it will make even less sense that way

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I think maybe the future proves past might be confusing you as far as what you call the "predictions" go.
The thing is that at certain points in time, it has been uncanny how it does actually do that. Can any of us that have been on the ride from the beginning explain that and how that happens? I doubt it. We can speculate, but you would probably get 5 different answers from 5 people you would ask.

Over time though we have kind of gotten the "hang" of it and know better now what to look for. Or at least give a educated guess. It is one of those things you have to step way back and view it. Can't get hung up on specific things because it is all connected.

Kind of like putting together a huge puzzle of a spider web, but without the box to look at the picture. Common sense tells you that you know what a spider web looks like, you just have to figure out what seems to fit within each section of it. Along the way we have been catching spiders. Those we consider "happenings."

In the over 2 years we have been at it, we have a LOT of pieces put together so I guess you could say we now have a "Rhythm" going.

I do think it is easier for those that have a conspiracy mind set to begin with. Example, people that have been long time members here. We already have some basic tools for digging that we each use. We have already poked at a long of the things that are now coming up again. Things we were laughed at before are now actually panning out like we said. Surprise Surprise though, look Ma its even connected to this. I wasnt aware of that then.

Honestly when it gets into the numbers, I get a little lost. Math just wasnt really my thing. Yes I can add subtract multiply and divide, even do fractions and percentages. When it starts sounding like algebra my eyes glaze over!
Obviously that side of it isnt my strong suit. I do have a great ability to see the big picture though and see how the parts are moving and where they are going.

Thats another beauty of this, we all come at it with different skill sets with the same goal in mind. Even the meme makers are important. It really is a collective at work.

I probably didnt help you at all, but at least maybe now you know how the wheels turn and work together.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

No offense, but the “future proves past” part is one of the dumbest things in a tornado of dumb things. Of course you’re going to be able to find present events that match up with things that were said in the past. That goes for anything you’re talking about.

It’s just another form of cold reading, which has been used to give legitimacy to swindlers of every stripe for hundreds of years. Except here it’s being used to convince people they have some kind of insider knowledge. You can take anything, anything said in the past by anybody and validate it by interpreting current events in a certain way.

That isn’t proof of anything, except the persons gullibility who believes in it. I used to look up to con men and swindlers and hustlers as a kid and read everything about them I could find. Their techniques, their scams, big scores, etc. It was exciting and interesting. I wish more people studied up on the art of swindling people. If so there wouldn’t be as many people falling for this giant pile of BS today.
edit on 2-1-2020 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: onehuman

No offense, but the “future proves past” part is one of the dumbest things in a tornado of dumb things. Of course you’re going to be able to find present events that match up with things that were said in the past. That goes for anything you’re talking about.

It’s just another form of cold reading, which has been used to give legitimacy to swindlers of every stripe for hundreds of years. Except here it’s being used to convince people they have some kind of insider knowledge. You can take anything, anything said in the past by anybody and validate it by interpreting current events in a certain way.

That isn’t proof of anything, except the persons gullibility who believes in it. I used to look up to con men and swindlers and hustlers as a kid and read everything about them I could find. Their techniques, their scams, big scores, etc. It was exciting and interesting. I wish more people studied up on the art of swindling people. If so there wouldn’t be as many people falling for this giant pile of BS today.

I understand how you can come to that conclusion and in all honesty, the Q thing confuses me too but I do have one thing to say to you...

Nobody is making any money out of this.

It’s just another form of cold reading, which has been used to give legitimacy to swindlers of every stripe for hundreds of years. Except here it’s being used to convince people they have some kind of insider knowledge. You can take anything, anything said in the past by anybody and validate it by interpreting current events in a certain way.

For what gain?

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Meme bucks.

And I'm somehow convinced they're selling T-shirts
edit on 1 2 2020 by dashen because: Keks

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

For what gain?

Power.

Never underestimate the quest for power. In this case it’s interpersonal power. The “power” every Q acolyte feels they now have over the unwashed masses because of their shared “insider” knowledge. Whether it’s true or not, it gives people something to believe in. And gives them a sense they can control a world that they feel is slowing spinning out of control in front of them.

When you look at cultish groups like this the motivation is either money or power or a combination of the two.
edit on 2-1-2020 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Q anon is exactly like Nostradamus, his "words" are intentionally ambiguous and can be read a number of different ways. That's the reason that you can read it one way and something different happens he can claim you read it wrong. If he thinks he's that important write direct, no ambiguity, write straight.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

If you guys ever came up on anything true, it wouldn’t matter. Because it would be drowned out by all the adrenachrome baby-eating Democrat madness.

You’d think someone who values the truth would, you know, value the truth. And not just any theory that makes their perceived enemies look bad.

Post all the memes you want, in the end they’re just pictures with words on them. And holds no inherent power other than that which you ascribe to them. Trying to use them as a substitute for actual conversation is evidence of everything I’m talking about.

The Q people don’t want conversation, or a search for truth. They want validation for how they already feel. And that’s what it offers to people.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Whether it’s true or not, it gives people something to believe in. And gives them a sense they can control a world that they feel is slowing spinning out of control in front of them.

Well duh! Wtf brought you to this Message Board in the first place?

Was it because JREF closed?

I bet it was... Admit it.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

This was the first forum I’ve ever been a part of. Just had to look up what JREF means, I assume it’s the James Randi Educational Foundation? They actually don’t sound all that bad from what I’m reading.

I’m interested in the truth, not being told what I want to believe.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

This was the first forum I’ve ever been a part of. Just had to look up what JREF means, I assume it’s the James Randi Educational Foundation? They actually don’t sound all that bad from what I’m reading.

I’m interested in the truth, not being told what I want to believe.

And here we are.

You love it so stop moaning.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   

What the hell is a Q topic or Q conspiracy? Sounds like hipsters with to much time on there hands to me, or more 4chan stuff. Seems like the whole point of Q is to insinuate that your missing something. So your missing the fact that your missing something, and in missing something you miss the fact that its totally unmissable. When in reality everything is passe and worth passing by.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Lol. Are you aware that the ATS motto is deny ignorance?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
You see there is were you are wrong. ATS motto is "pictures or it does not exist"

So who here has some pictures of this Q?

That's what I thought.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
People have different thoughts on the "movement" and what it is/stands for. Follow Dashens advice from his first response.
This Q phenomena, in my humble opinion, has gotten people digging for information and news like never before. To me, that means there are more educated voters. I don't see how anyone could be against having more educated voters.

top topics

join