It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how pyramids were built

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
See my the message,above some lines.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
there is this new cool indiana jones type guy on history channel ( I think) who went to a quarry about a mile from the pyramids, and cut out and moved a decent size limestone by himself. He cut it with a modern tool, about the same shape used thousands of years ago. He admittd it would take more than the 6 whacks it took him for a pyramid builder to do it with old materials and tools, maybe 15 whacks, but that would also be an experienced laborer. It was kinda funny, the locals were laughing at him, but he got it done. I really don't think it was that tough, just takes time and labor.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Question, is there Egyptian art that’s portrays how the pyramids were built? I can NOT imagine a feat such as the construction of these pyramids not being documented or reflected in the art at the time of construction.

If this art exists, wouldn’t that put a great deal of questions to rest? And better yet, if this art doesn’t exist... WHY not!!!!??? Egyptian art portrays many aspects of Egyptian life and culture that scholars turn to for answers....

Could some one point me in the right direction?

Peace

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
well mabe the mode of building the pyramid was so common as to be not noteworthy. this has aparently happened many times throughout history it drives a friend of mine beserk when trying to use medievil resipes translated from the old english, norse and other languages, there are food prep methods listed where it is taken for granted that everyone would know how it would have been prepared.

one thing i have seen farely recently on daily planet i think it was. was some artifacts that are a 1/4 circle on one side with a straight edge on the other. they were small mabe 3-4 inches long. the story goes a worker had brought a child to work. the kid being a kid started to play with stuff when the adult was not looking. well aparently these paticular ojects were for an unknown purpose. found in the area where the stone workers lived. well this child put the 4 pieces together in a circle and wala there is a perfect square in the middle. this is when the adult notices the kid playing with priceless artifacts like a toy, he than sees the circle the child had created, realizeing that this may just be the method used to move giant stone blocks with realative ease. albeit in toy form. take a look at it yourself (sorry no picture), draw a circle, quarter it, now join the points of the circle where you it was quartered. this is what the objects look like, you have 1 big square barely contained in the circle put two of these sets arround a squared rock, strap it (mabe some sort of latch?) in place and start to roll your big rock arround. much more efficiant than dragging don't you agree. i must also say , leave it to a child to do something through natural curiosity that an adult spacificaly looking for answers misses.

personaly i was shocked when they presented such an easy answer that has escaped us for centuries. it was discovered within relics seemingly to be a childs toy, wouldn't that be a common object beneith the bother to write about when there are mysterious things to set pen to as well as grand history.

as for floating the blocks on the nile, perfectly plausable. after all we built ships out of cement in both ww1 and ww2. i would asume though that they would have to be shaped for it. not sure though but easy enough to do just leave an extra bit on for the shape. they were experts at stone crafting after all.

it would be interesting to see a show like the anchant weapens series i have seen of late. to try these techniques out and build a small pyramis.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Good Post

However, I still can't fathom there NOT being any art depicting the construction. If you were to take the angle that thousands of egyptians were invloved in the construction- I'd think it is safe to say... that this ongoing task would be important enough to show up in art somewhere since it was such a HUGE part of their lives.

But seriously, if this art doesnt exist, I think thats MONUMENTAL! It would be just cause to ask why this culture didnt document this. Don't you think?

Anyone know of any art?

peace

[edit on 23-3-2005 by Serum39]

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
no i have never heard of any art dealing with pyramid building. personaly i would have expected some inside the pyramids. but wasn't most of that stuff detailing the life of the one burried as well of religious stuff?

is it possible that something like that have been in the library of alexandria? it was said to have contained knowlege from a lot of civilizations . has there been found any writeings or pictures of other types of jobs other than farming and hunting? these are the only ones i am familier with regaurding ocupations.

i just had an interesting thought are there any jewish members on? is there mabe some hebrew records with any relivant information? even if they were not there just mabe they have something about it.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The only stories I've ehard about Eddie actually levitating rocks come from namesles s"neighbors and children." Hardly convincing.

Ed did say that he had figured out the leverage needed. It's been shown that with a few simple machines, a single man can move large stones. The guy was quite ingenious, but nothing paranormal need to introduced.

As for him maybe claiming that he was using magnetics or some other force? Well, the story is alot better the mjore mysterious it is. But don't expect me to believe he was anything more than a good engineer.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It has been said that the right shoulder is deteoriating on the Sphinx, now in the bible it says that the government is on God's shoulder could this have anything to do with events happening today, I really want to lookinto this, it seems 3 always represents something...3 days of darkness, 3 days until Christ rose,there would be 3 thousand years beforeChrist would return. Could it (Pyramids) represent 3 major countries in the last days that will be in battle?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join