It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My life on Thuraliam [YA2020] (Writer)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
My world is vibrant with the sky a pearlescent purple and red, the foliage every color you could imagine, water is an eerie but glittering inky black.

Every living organism and being is completely symbiotic with each other; it is a give and take situation with no one suffering for another's wellbeing.

We have been in existence for trillions of years and have gotten used to our planet we call "Thuraliam" being visited by much younger civilizations. Most have been a conquering and violent civilization and very few benevolent. We were almost completely wiped out too many times to count; each time we evolved our defenses.

One of the most beneficial systems we have evolved is an interstellar alert system. We can track and detect any object coming within our vicinity and have developed the ability for every organism and being to go into death mode. Our world looks dead and uninhabitable with the added feature of every known noxious gas being emitted. Another feature is a hard and impervious shell produced to protect against asteroids, nuclear projectiles and the like.

My particular everyday role is just as every other entity here. We are all the same, we can all shape shift to anything needed for the collective whole.

My favorite state of being is when I get to be dust in the wind.

The End

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
So if you have an impervious shell that protects against everything from asteroids to nuclear missiles, what's the point of death mode? Why would you need it? You could just live normally and no one could get to you.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

It is an extra layer of protection or whatever you want it to be....

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Maybe the outer appearance of a dead, toxic world would discourage any exploration that could reveal the truth lying beneath that facade. Then again, it might cause that world to be considered expendable.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Pilgrum

What facade? According to the premise, the shield is impenetrable. That's why the story fails. It contradicts itself.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
a reply to: Pilgrum

What facade? According to the premise, the shield is impenetrable. That's why the story fails. It contradicts itself.

For the love of God don't watch Star Trek or Star Wars if you are worried about technological contradictions...

To the OP.

Your story was short and sweet and fun.

Keep up the good work.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Thank you; your compliment means more than you know.

Happy New Years!

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

Nicely Done. A Fun Read!! S&F!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPakSyx

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

You're Welcome!

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPakSyx

You got it! You are so awesome, thanks for posting the song.

new topics

top topics

join