It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Phenomenon" and the changing of the guard?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
A fascinating and incredible tale from WW2 recounted. It does beg the question of our whole perception of the subject and where did we change from "ancient folklore" to modern "urban myth"? Short of an outright hoax there's not much one can do other than just wonder what was happening that night as the guy flew his Anson. Is the "gremlin" the "missing link" between ancient folklore and modern urban myth?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FireMoon

Here's the video

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Sounds like this story could be a scary plot for a TV show....oh, wait:

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

For those of you who may be wondering....
YES!
This IS how Captain Kirk was 'born'!

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Very interesting account. I wasn’t aware of the ‘little people’ creating havoc on pilots. There are so many stories, legends, myths and traditions — that are based on these little beings. That manifest in MANY different forms.

The reality we live in, is sooooo complicated, it’s entirely hard to wrap your head around it.

This account coming from 1943. I love the historical ones.

S & F

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I love stories like this. There's an old Bugs Bunny cartoon about the gremlin on the airplane.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
I love stories like this. There's an old Bugs Bunny cartoon about the gremlin on the airplane.

So I went to google that video....

Holy sheet, that video was released in 1943! Coincidence?!?

ETA: I posted that video before watching it. Due to it being over 8 minutes.

HOLY hell, must watch! There’s a lot going on in that cartoon.

Bugs bunny basically gets his a$$ kicked the entire episode by a plane gremlin. There’s even a news paper article reference at the beginning of little people sabotaging planes.

Didn’t Bugs Bunny always win in every episode? This is a first for me. I truly wonder where the writer of that episode got his inspiration.
edit on 23-12-2019 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

That Twilight Zone episode stuck with me as a child who saw it at far too young an age lol.

My first ever flight was solo, at 18 years old (passenger traveling alone solo, not piloting), flying thru a storm. I thought for sure that gremlin was going to show up.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Just bear with me a moment.

The bible, a book that many disbelieve (I am not one of those that do disbelieve it but I digress) but it told of an Alien whom came into the earth and infiltrated, corrupted and caused ruin, we call it the Devil or you could regard it as a Quantum Weapon, an malign non human being in other dimension's that can interact with our own dimension or a parasite, an infiltrator - possessor - mind control and manipulation but not of this earth so an ET in every sense of the word.

Predator Civilization, a civilization that seek's to destroy all other civilization's that if left alone may some day approach it's own level of technology, for fear or for control or simply like weeding the garden.

Method's of Predator civilizations if they are real.

Planetary destruction, biosphere destruction, even solar disruption causing micro nova's through artificial mean's.

So, they may use outright muscle or they may use more subtle method's to cause a potential new civilization to implode or even destroy it's own eco system as that may be more cost effective to them and they may operate over a very long time scale if such predator civilization's do indeed exist.

Star's vanishing in the sky, a study of photographic evidence seem's to suggest there are many stars that were there in the last century that are now simply not there at all, perhaps this is natural but there is no sign of nebulae from nova activity and no evidence of black holes in those region's were those stars were so Dyson sphere are one seemingly implausible but not impossible explanation for why they have vanished, they would still be there just not visible any longer as they would now be encased in a shell that harnesses there entire energy output.
OR could they have somehow been destroyed or had there fusion reaction's suppressed using some form of quantum wave technology that could have killed all life in those system's if there was any near to these stars by a predator civilization.

It is even possible that predator civilization's occasionally butt head's, likely only one would eventually survive this kind of encounter but which one and since both may work over huge time scale's such a war would be very interesting to watch from an outside perspective.

But has our solar system actually already survived a predator civilization destroying a previous solar system spanning civilization or even interstellar civilization of which our solar system may have been a part in the distant past?.
The Question then become's are WE survivors with amnesia having been cast into the mud and having had to crawl back out of it starting from Scratch or are we a new race walking in the graveyard of a long dead civilization, either could be true if we take theory's that some formations on the moon, mars and even our own planet are actually artificial relics of an ancient and perhaps super advanced civilization that was at some point obliterated (or is it still there just working on a time scale and at a level that makes it incomprehensible to our short lived form of consciousness).

So UFO's, mostly today they are probably our's but flying saucers have a very long history going back at least as far as Alexander the Great's campaign's, they were referred to as fiery or flying shields and also Cigar shaped craft go back quite a way's too as do Sphere's and a whole plethora of other form's.
(also take into account cave painting's and religious symbols that often bare an uncanny resemblance to classical UFO and even alien like being's which may indicated that as well as predator civilizations our own could be the result of another kind of civilization one that seed's new world's or guided primitive sentient life over a very long time - far more benign than the predator type of civilization there method's and motivations are perhaps incomprehensible but would therefore seem at least from our perspective to be benign or even angelic in nature)

If they are all different races then just perhaps our Galaxy is teeming with life in which case predator civilizations may have long ago met there match, that would be a nice thought but also a scary one, instead of a shark in the fish tank there is potentially therefore a school of piranha - but something must be policing them, perhaps they are forced to leave primitive civilizations full of foolish children beaming out radio waves into space ignorant of the danger it may pose alone by some form of treatise between more powerful civilizations that could therefore exist among them in order to maintain the balance for the greater good of the majority of there races.

edit on 23-12-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Jacques Vallee's primary theory (sort of) is that the phenomenon has not only existed and been described in different ways over the course of human history depending on our cultural perceptions, but it actually interacts with us to conform to our cultural and individual expectations. We don't see flying angels anymore (for the most part) because our cultural concepts include machines that can fly. So who built the machines we don't recognize? We have the concept of life like ours existing on other planets. So our UFOs become alien craft, not only in the way we perceive them, but also the way they present themselves to us.

What are they really? The Simulation? Tulpa mind beings? Actual aliens? Hard to say. Maybe someday we'll get a smart AI to burrow into the data and see what conclusions they reach. It might go, "Oh, this stuff. So obviously ______." And hopefully it will be able to dumb it down for us to understand. But don't bet on it. Something obvious to an artificial superintelligence might still be completely incomprehensible to us.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

According to my late father-in-law who was in service during WWII, it was considered bad luck to even mention "gremlins" in aircraft.

Of course, "gremlins" can simply refer to general malfunctions rather than wee elves, but it was akin to the present-day superstition that mentioning or quoting "Macbeth" before a performance in the theatre will bring bad luck.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
its just old rehashed stories
nothing else whatsoever

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: PandaPrincess

I won't quote Arthur C Clarke because of the rumored link between him and young boy's, though that could simply have been character assassination - what if it was not.

But I will say this, he was highly regarded both as a scientists, factual and fictional writer.

He did say something along the lines of Any Sufficiently Advanced Technology or Science would appear as MAGIC to those that do not understand it, ever wonder what magic words might have been, programming or command's for a non local multidimensional computer interface that the techno primitives have forgotten how to access?.

Either way think on this, most or the remainder of UFO phenomena (that are not merely misidentified human made or secret project objects) are also related to paranormal type activity and ghost type activity so does this mean they could simply be a manifestation of something on another dimension that we are unable to process or recognize, some UFO may also be real physical objects but of a more mundane nature that could indeed be of an extra terrestrial origin.

If you want evidence then I suggest you work for years and years in military aviation intelligence, then you just may be privy to some information but don't think you can then share it with the public - ever hear of Timothy Good, he created a fascinating book called Beyond Top Secret which while this former British Intelligence worker (yes he worked for the Gov in our country) tell's a 'sanitized' version of his years investigating UFO for the government.

There is also a claim that Human Mutilations related to possible UFO abduction incident's are routinely covered up and death's written down as natural or accidental (Caution this link has some gruesome information that you may not want to see).
www.ufoinsight.com...
But of course we have our own murderer's, cult's and even possibly cannibal's (which is at least as unpleasant).

But if it comfort's you to ignore or deny it then feel fine to do so, I believe in God but there are many that do not that is there choice - at least for now.

new topics

top topics

join