It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOP’s Four-Point Defense Of Trump Is Devastating

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
This line of defence is not required or wise. Republicans should not engage in baseless accusations by defending against them.

I disagree. Mostly because that strikes me as a political defense to a Constitutional issue. I think it is necessary and proper for the Senate to use any and all appropriate counter arguments to those made by the House in the interests of full disclosure and the public's interests.

This will have consequences and repercussions beyond this president.

The far better defence is just 2 points.

1) The President has complete power to order investigations into potential corruption and the fact that Joe Biden is running for President or that the Democrats disagree that Ukraine interfered in 2016 is completely irrelevant to the situation and not at all a hinderance to the President's decision to investigate, whether he seeks the aids of allies for information or not.

2) Asking the Judicial branch to arbitrate between the Executive and Legislative is entirely constitutional and it is absurd to suggest that doing so constitutes obstruction of justice.

Those are excellent points, and excellent defenses for the charges, and should be included in the defense.

But also/and, not either/or.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
a reply to: Boadicea

This is why Shiff was ready to cry he when closed the hearings
a couple weeks ago. He was so mad at Trump for out foxing
him again he almost cried. lol

That was rather disturbing. Someone -- I think Nunes -- suggested that Schiff needs professional help. I think Nunes may be speaking truth, not just political mudslinging. I'm rather concerned about Schiff's mental/emotional stability.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
CNN is blatantly interrupting and even blanking out guests who talk about Democrats that will vote no, or leaning towards voting no, against impeachment.

I'm so glad I don't watch my news any more.

I wonder if Schiff et al ever considered that Democrats might not vote for their sham impeachment?

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

That was rather disturbing. Someone -- I think Nunes -- suggested that Schiff needs professional help. I think Nunes may be speaking truth, not just political mudslinging. I'm rather concerned about Schiff's mental/emotional stability.

Alright well I just wanna say I hope he doesn't nut up on anybody
And I hope nothing very bad happens to him
Cause I think Nunes may be right

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I'm sick of people saying Trump asked them to investigate BIDEN.
He didn't, he asked them to investigate what happened with the prosecutor

never was Biden's name mentioned

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

I'll second that. I truly hope no ill comes of it for anyone -- including Schiff. (It's not like he doesn't already have enough to worry about...)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Dems: Biden/Obama fixed the corruption problem in Ukraine, Trump has no basis for concern.
Ukraine president: Trump didn't do anything.
Dems: ^ That guy is corrupt af

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

I'm sick of people saying Trump asked them to investigate BIDEN.
He didn't, he asked them to investigate what happened with the prosecutor

never was Biden's name mentioned

Your point is well taken; it was obviously going to include the Bidens, because they were involved, but it was never limited to the Bidens, nor focused on the Bidens. As well, there are questions about Crowdstrike and the infamous server.

This was always -- and still is -- about far more than Biden, than Trump, or even the election. It's about the gross misconduct and outright criminal activity underlying all of this. Ukraine has a vested interest in investigating and getting to the bottom of it as well. And every sovereign right to do so.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: shooterbrody

No defense is necessary when the jury is rigged and the results are in the bag.
Too bad they wont do what the american people want them to do which is to impeach and remove from office.

The American people do not want that

At all

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Ginsburg needs to be indicted. Trump clearly was obstructing justice, and Ginsburg helped him do it. They demanded Trump's tax returns, he refused, and thus obstructed justice.

U.S. Justice Ginsburg puts temporary hold on Trump financial records dispute

www.reuters.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

LOL!

Excellent observation however. This is what happens when we make up rules as we go along. Especially when the rules are created to bring about a preferred specific outcome -- and justice be damned.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

We need to abandon the Constitution which allows Trump to use Executive privilege and courts be arbiters. If we follow the Constitutional path of allowing the courts to determine whether Executive privilege is warranted in this circumstance then Trump will steal another election. In order to save the US from Tyranny, Schiff needs to have complete power and control over the process and everything he demands must be done. If we do not follow his every command Democracy is dead.
edit on 17-12-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

We need to abandon the Constitution which allows Trump to use Executive privilege and courts be arbiters. If we follow the Constitutional path of allowing the courts to determine whether Executive privilege is warranted in this circumstance then Trump will steal another election. In order to save the US from Tyranny, Schiff needs to have complete power and control over the process and everything he demands must be done. If we do not follow his every command Democracy is dead.

That pretty much in a "nut shell" is exactly what we are seeing coming from them.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
A lot of the current " players "enabled the previous administration, and now need to distract from what they have done.

Memories - Some have them and some wish to forget ..... Some people might just not want to face them BUT these are in the Books of History - And this isn't even a complete list

9 Times The Obama Administration Fought Subpoenas or Blocked Officials from Testifying Before Congress - 2019

It seems as good a time as any to remind Democrats that we know their outrage is phony and that we know this is just pandering to their base, who wants to see them "resist, resist, resist" at all costs.

1.Eric Holder refuses to provide subpoenaed Fast & Furious documents …..
2. Lois Lerner refuses to testify on IRS targeting…
3. Ben Rhodes not allowed to testify on Iran Nuclear Deal…
4. Treasury officials blocked from testifying on Obamacare subsidies….

5. White House refuses to allow political director to testify…..
6. Justice Kagan's Obamacare conflict on interest…
7. Refusal to provide subpoenaed Solyndra documents....
8. Refusing to let the White House social secretary testify on party crashers scandal…
9. Fighting subpoenas in the New Black Panther Party voter intimidation investigation…..

Top 10 Ways Obama Violated The Constitution During His Presidency - 2017

1. The Chrysler Bailout….
2. Obamacare Implementation…
3. Political Profiling by the IRS….
4. Recess Appointments…
5. DACA and DAPA….
6. Assault On Free Speech and Due Process On College Campuses
7. The Clean Power Plan…..
8. The WOTUS Rule…..
9. Net Neutrality….
10. EPA’s Cap-And-Trade….

Scandal Free ??????

Obama Says He’s Had A Scandal-Free Administration. Here Are 11 of His Scandals. - 2016

1. Operation Fast and Furious. ….
2. Benghazi. ….
3. The IRS targeted conservative organizations.....
4. The DOJ seized Associated Press phone records as well as phone and email records from Fox News reporter James Rosen......
5. The NSA conducted mass surveillance against American citizens without a warrant.....
6. The Obama administration paid ransom to Iran for hostages, and lied to the American people about it.....
7. Hillary’s email scandal......
8. The Environmental Protection Agency poisoned a Colorado river.....
9. The EPA also broke federal law in promoting a regulation......
10. The GSA scandal. .....
11. The Secret Service scandal.....

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

Thanks for adding that

Not much to add. It speaks for itself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join