It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstream News Media Promoting Draq Queen Children/Boys is Child Exploitation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Wow. It is disturbing on so many levels for so many reasons. Why would any public official want to be associated with such a sexualized version of entertainment in this era of "me too"? Then you have young boys playing this same game? There is no decent or moral justification for any such public display with a child. Private, in your own home, sure let your kids explore their gender questions.

I think few would argue for such display's if the mayor was replaced with a bunch of Catholic priests! Context means a lot.
It appears we have been on this slippery slope for many years, and now it has reached new lows of previously frowned upon behaviors. From the small sample I've seen, I'm of the opinion that this door has been opened to allow truly perverted people to mingle publicly, with some very innocent children.

What kind of message does this form of "entertainment" send to our daughters, wives and mothers?

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

I have been to a drag show once with a coworker who was gay and mentioned a name of one of his friends who would be doing a Barbra Streisand impersonation. I actually went to school with the guy who was doing the impersonation and hadn't seen him in many years, so I went. It was amazing with great talents. Some of those dudes looked better than some woman. Lol

For adults, it's one thing, but I don't think children should be involved in any way. Let kids be kids. Just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

OK. You saw one video. You thought he did a good job. You did not perceive anything sexual or adult about it. That is good to hear.

When I said I cannot speak for society, do you disagree with that?. If not, then we can agree you cannot speak for others watching video's or live performances?

I would like to believe most people fall in with your line of thinking. However, my experience has demonstrated that is not always the case. There are a lot of people in the world with ill intent. Not trustworthy. That is why we have a lot of laws and societal norms protecting kids. Car seats. CPS. Bike helmets. Child labor laws. On and on. Agree or disagree with some or all, the intent of society is clear.

If people are concerned, is it not worth the discussion?

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick1

Catch phases and talking points eh?

No your opinion is great dude. Shout it from the rooftops ... But if you don't want to go to Drag Queen Reading Hour ... Don't go.

Don't join the claims that it's child abuse, or be ready for others to express their opinions of your opinions to you when posted in a members discussion forum. Fair enough ?
edit on 22-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

You do realize they're not on stage telling sex jokes right?

Some folks obviously wanted their kids to attend. What's the problem?

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

Just to be clear here ... You're advocating for the Nanny State to regulate Drag Queens now?

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Maverick1

Why do you care what someone else chooses to do?

yeah, five year old children have the maturity to make a choice whether or not to attend perverts reading stories to them, because they clearly understand and have maturely analyzed all the issues related to it.

You're dangerous and you need mental help, this behavior is sick and so are you for defending it.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LanceCorvette

Who let's their five year old go anywhere without supervision? What kind of parent?

Ad hominem is the sign of a failing argument.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Just to be clear here ... You're advocating for the Nanny State to regulate Drag Queens now?

To Gryph and all --

I think there's a disconnect here... probably starting with the title which can be read in more than one way.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Gryph is speaking to adult drag queen performers reading to children, but others seem to be speaking to children performing drag for an adult audience.

Not trying to butt in. Carry on

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

As a parent, you have the ability to control what your child is exposed to.

If you don't want your children exposed to drag queens, don't take them to places where drag queens might be.

If you don't think that your child will be affected by the presence of a drag queen then it's not a concern.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Right on.

For what it's worth, drag has been pretty much mainstreamed at this point. It's frankly boring most of the time.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

No. You are not clear. I am not "advocating" a government intervention on drag queens.

Do you consider the liberty of a child the same as that of an adult? Would you allow a child to do whatever you would allow an adult to do?

Yes?

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

I trust parents to make choices for their children.

Do you?

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

You have avoided the issue twice with logical fallacies. I thought maybe you were serious about the subject. Obviously you are not.

My apologies to the OP.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY

You have avoided the issue twice with logical fallacies. I thought maybe you were serious about the subject. Obviously you are not.

My apologies to the OP.

Logical fallacies? LOL.

Nope. I answered both your questions at one time with the relevant counter question. You asked me what I think about child rights, which is irrelevant at best. You asked me if I would allow a child to do what an adult would do. Hypothetical nonsense not related to ANYTHING under discussion.

And I responded to you with the most valid way I could but it ... THE PARENT is the one who is in custody of the child’s rights and THE PARENT is the one who allows what children do and don’t do.

You asked vague irrelevant philosophical questions that HAVE NOTHING to do with the topic of the legitimacy or danger of “Drag Queen Story Time.”

SO I asked you a RELEVANT question in return that would answer both of yours. That was more than your post merited.

TL;DR: You can take your false (or ignorant) summations of my responses and, respectfully, blow them out your nose.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: reddogbom

Why would any public official want to be associated with such a sexualized version of entertainment in this era of "me too"? Then you have young boys playing this same game?

If the sexualized version of entertainment is targeting mostly young white boys would anybody actually care? if you take a good look at these so called Drag Queens its mostly white dudes and they are now targeting white boys now if they were targeting African youth? i think we would see an outraged Mainstream News Media.

I already noticed this.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I have been to a drag show once with a coworker who was gay and mentioned a name of one of his friends who would be doing a Barbra Streisand impersonation. I actually went to school with the guy who was doing the impersonation and hadn't seen him in many years, so I went. It was amazing with great talents. Some of those dudes looked better than some woman. Lol

For adults, it's one thing, but I don't think children should be involved in any way. Let kids be kids. Just my opinion.

Quoted for Truth.

Sexuality should be in the realm of adulthood or at least post-prepubescent.

Involving 8 year olds into the mix isn't sane or consensual.

And my cardinal rule about sex is safe, sane and consensual.

I don't give a damn what you do with your body as long as it follows those three simple rules.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

What in the presentation of Drag Queen Story Hour was sexual again?

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Lumenari

What in the presentation of Drag Queen Story Hour was sexual again?

The part where you have your head up your ass about sexuality.

ETA... that was snarky and you kinda almost deserve an honest response.

When children grow up and see two obviously different (physically, mentally) sexes then they can either identify with one or the other of them as they grow up.

When children grow up with 52 or 127 different sexes then it tends to confuse them... and that should be the least of their worries.

Parenting should be a real thing... not something you see on the View and pass it on to your kid.

edit on 22-11-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

That "drag show" sounds in line with theater female impersonation as these performers are professionals. But I wonder if the term "drag queen" has a broader definition.

A drag is usually referring to a street with a lot of bars in a town or city, so could a drag queen simply be a transvestite at the local hang out or do they have to be a performer on a stage? Are drag queens predominantly flaming gays? Are female impersonators considered drag queens, transvestites, or just cross dressers?

The lines seem to blur the more I think about it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join