It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost all US mass shooters since 1966 have four things in common: Childhood trauma, a personal cris

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I think an under-discussed part of the equation is that the mass shooters researched other mass shootings and looked to them for validation

I agree.
It's hard to have a level-headed discussion about this topic because people tend to only look at these types of articles after mass shootings and during the media frenzies that follows, which is always then heated and emotional.
America seems to be in a "Goldilocks" zone when it comes to mass shootings by lone gunmen types and I thought this new database seemed like a fresh and neutral approach to the data in my humble and "British" opinion.
edit on 22-11-2019 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
A lot of us were taught to respect other people. Its a BIG no-no to alter or influence someones life by doing something that would cause that. So, instead, I learned self destructive behavior such as self harm. Let me tell you, its been a REAL boon to my life! Of course, in retaliation, as a child I was then used as a lab rat and subjected to some of the dumbest forms of behavioral "modification" I've ever seen and to this day just shake my head about when I think back on it. But hey, at least I never shot and killed anyone! Yay! Scars. Yay!
I do feel bad for the kids though because back when I started taking anti-depress mod pills there werent so many choices, with so many Docs willing to willy nilly prescribe them like there are now. Thats dangerous because normally the parent(and the child) have NO idea what kind of problems it can create down the line. I think we're seeing SOME of that in these shootings.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: Kurokage

I wonder why they didn't add another data point... the shooter's current prescriptions.

Or would that just bring up a topic that we are supposed to ignore?

Funnily enough, the CDC study the gun grabbers so badly wanted done, when President Obama ordered it, got ignored because it talked about this particular factor, mental health and prescriptions, as well as the impact of violent media.

The entire report didn't just blame guns and say the solution was ban and confiscate, so the gun grabbers ignore that study and most still don't even know it exists. Hilariously, some of them still claim the CDC is banned from studying gun violence, which is an outright lie.

ETA: It also talked about the impact of the breathless media coverage and how they inspire more shooters, hence another reason the media ignored the study.
edit on 1 12 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   

edit on 12/6/2019 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   

edit on 12/6/2019 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   
If you forget we've always had those same problems, even worse, and no mass shootings took place, for thousands of years, when everyone carried guns, or rifles, or both, and more problems than anyone today, by far....

Nobody had an urge, a desire, a crazy idea in their minds, which drove someone into mass murder...

They will never, ever, mention that fact, in media, because if they did, people would wonder why it's only a recent phenomenon...

But if they don't mention it, nobody realizes it, their absurd excuses spew forth, and we buy it, as usual.

It is clearly a recent phenomenon, which nobody had done, or tried to do, or wished to do, or caused from abuse, etc. at work, or from back to his childhood, or whatever else.

I'm sure people back in the day, had all those problems, probably more, and worse problems, than today... We had guns, of course.

Thousands of years have shown that people DO NOT commit mass murder, and never did.

People haven't changed into mass murderers, only their minds were/are/will be, controlled, into committing a mass murder.

The purpose is, and always has been, to cause fear, insecurity, a feeling of helplessness, all the time, everywhere, anywhere you go, even in schools, where your kids are....

Nobody is safe from mass murder, which creates fear, within all people, nobody knows when, or where, or how, the next mass murder will happen, but everyone knows it will, over and over again, except with more and more frequency, more places.....

The media says how many of these people were racists, or terrorists, or had lingering anger issues for years, or perhaps, the media tells us that their 'motive' is still unknown.

The motive is always the same, but they never mention it, and never will. History shows us the truth, if you merely look at it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join