It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little girl kidnapped right on street as mother watches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
www.nbcnews.com...

On May 18, shortly before 7 p.m. local time, the girl had been walking down 6th Avenue in Fort Worth with her mother when a man in a Ford Sedan snatched her off the street. (NBC News is not naming the girl because she is a minor and the victim of sexual assault.)

Right in broad daylight, with her mom right there, right in Texas, caught on a ring cam. Look how fast everything happens.

If you are a parent, you must watch this video in the link. Too many parents just let their kids wander and they aren't paying attention.
There are way too many sickos out there. I know there is a fine line between being a helicopter parent and giving them independence.

Luckily I never experienced anything like this with my kids but I did have an incident with a niece. We were at a big outdoor shopping area.
It was super crowded. My sister was ahead of me and my niece was lagging behind her. There was a man that just had this look, he wanted to snatch her, I'm a mom and all my mom spidey senses went off. I know if given the chance that man would have taken her. I'm not exaggerating, that man was looking at her like how we look at a Thanksgiving turkey! (sick bastage) Luckily, I was watching too, so I went up and grabbed her and gave him a look. The look that says I know what you are and you better back off. He did.

On a side note, why can't the police just Epstein a guy like this? Opppps, he committed suicide while we were taking an 8 hour nap in the questioning room.

edit on 20-11-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Texas is the number 1 place in the US for child abductions.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I don't even let my kids wander around in the 3 square mile town we live in. They're always within arm's reach when we're in public somewhere. I have nightmares about stuff like this happening, or the decision I'd have to make if we were hiking and one of my kids tumbled down. Would I leave the others behind so I could jump off, catch my child, turn and hope to save his life by breaking the fall, thus leaving them ALL behind, or do I let him tumble? My solution is to go camping, but not hiking on a mountain top. Same applies for one of them being snatched. Do I leave the others and give chase? Ugh. I couldn't imagine the thought.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
Texas is the number 1 place in the US for child abductions.

Couldn't find data for 2018 but according to this link it is CA - almost double Texas.

findmyscout.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I don't even let my kids wander around in the 3 square mile town we live in. They're always within arm's reach when we're in public somewhere. I have nightmares about stuff like this happening, or the decision I'd have to make if we were hiking and one of my kids tumbled down. Would I leave the others behind so I could jump off, catch my child, turn and hope to save his life by breaking the fall, thus leaving them ALL behind, or do I let him tumble? My solution is to go camping, but not hiking on a mountain top. Same applies for one of them being snatched. Do I leave the others and give chase? Ugh. I couldn't imagine the thought.

If you are thinking of those scenarios you are already ahead of the curve. There are too many ding bats out there with their noses in their phones. Their kids could be gone for half an hour and they wouldn't know.

My friend throws a very large summer party, with hundreds of people coming and going. They have been doing it for decades. The problem was that people would literally drop their kids off and pick them up at midnight (free babysitter). We are talking little kids like 8 years old. There was an issue one year and my friend found out there were all these kids with no parents. My friend had to put on the invite no kids without a parent. That is how bad people are now.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

This was heartbreaking to watch.

I always carried a knife when my son was younger when we went to playgrounds and walks or hiking.

I had to pull it out twice.

Once we were at a playground (in the woods) that had a little bridge to get to it. It was getting later in the day and all of a sudden I noticed people were leaving and we were alone, except for this guy who was just sitting by himself. I looked around and noticed he didn’t have any kids with him.

He was staring at me coldly. I told the kids come here right now (I had my neighbors kids with me). I saw the man get up and start walking towards us. I told the oldest kid to run to the car, I gave her my keys and phone, and lock the doors. I asked her if she could drive and she said I think so, my heart dropped. I told her if I don’t make it back call the police.

As the kids were running, I stood at the beginning of the bridge so I could watch them get in the car, as I was looking back and forth I noticed this big guy walking towards me at a quick pace with a very intimidating look on his face. I stood facing him and pulled out my knife. He literally stopped in his tracks, and I ran for the car. I made it thank god.

That taught me to never be alone or the last ones at a playground or forget some kind of protection.

Second incident, walking with my son to get air in his bike tires, we were coming towards the end of a wooded path that leads to a backroad that curves.

My son was getting ahead of me, so I jogged to catch up. Just as I caught up I see a truck, which was driving fast abrupt stop. The man got out of his truck and started walking towards my son, I told my son to run back and go to a neighbors that I knew he’d be safe at, and once again I stood my ground and pulled my knife out. The guy stopped in his tracks, got back in the truck and sped off.

I can’t say for sure what their intentions were, but I knew they weren’t good.

I was already overprotective from the first incident, but it was eye opening that it happened twice, in two different towns.

I would have fought to the death if I had to for my son.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

I asked her if she could drive and she said I think so, my heart dropped. I told her if I don’t make it back call the police.

I just screamed reading that.....

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

You are badass. Hats off to you.

I always feel stressed out when I'm out with my kids. My head is on a constant swivel looking at people and what they're doing.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Oddly enough this reminds me of how I was a nice guy back in the 80s. I was in the parking lot of the apartment complex I lived in at the time I saw like a 3-5 year old little girl who had decided to go take a walk. About a minute later the mother comes out frantically looking around for her. But the kid was halfway around the building and out of her line of sight.
So me being the nice guy I waved at her to get her attention and pointed where the kid was. Mom found the kid and yelled at her for running off like that.

I think the total amount of time there was about 1-2 minutes. But who knows what could have happened if I wasn't there...

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
If I take my daughter out in public, I normally conceal carry, or if we're going somewhere that doesn't allow that, I always have a pretty good size knife on me. I never want to be the person to do it, but if I had to I would absolutely pop someones top. Don't get me wrong I'm not a bad ass or anything, but when it comes to my kid I don't take chances.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I've talked about it with my wife, and as soon as our kids are old enough, they're going to (at the very least) have some sort of knife (or other similar concealable yet effective weapon) on them at all times when in public.

Hell, whenever I go out with anyone - kids, wife, whatever - I always have my pistol on me (thank the sweet state of Michigan for open carry)

There are WWWAAAYYY too many stories and instances of things like this, where you sit and think to yourself "man, if that were me, or if those people thought like I do, that situation would've ended much, much differently."

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
When i was kid my folks send me so i could learn martial arts, i highly suggest parents should take their children to martial arts centers martial arts training could save your kid's life.

edit on 20-11-2019 by ChefFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I don't have any kids, but probably one of the scariest things i've done was help my good friend take her 7 year old son to her grandma's on the bus for her when she had to work one evening. It was through a sketchy part of town and some dude near us on the bus started talking to him trying to offer him some pop. Luckily, he's a good kid, didn't say a word, I firmly told the guy to stop. But man, my heart leapt up into my throat when that guy started talking, immediately went into ready to fight mode.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I know this family personally and I agree why didn't he get Epsteined. He did get life in prison on federal charges and my tax dollars will now go to keeping this piece of trash alive. He hasn't been sentenced on the states charges but federal over rules states anyway.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JFA13

I know this family personally and I agree why didn't he get Epsteined. He did get life in prison on federal charges and my tax dollars will now go to keeping this piece of trash alive. He hasn't been sentenced on the states charges but federal over rules states anyway.

Wow, that's crazy. The part of the video where he is crying makes me sick. I have less than zero sympathy for that guy.
This is the exact reason we need the death penalty.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I can not even watch it. I watched it all unfold in real time. MAKES ME SICK!

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Well let's hope that prison justice gets him. piece of garbage.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Well let's hope that prison justice gets him. piece of garbage.

From what I have heard people like him don't last long in the Grey Bar Hotel. fingers crossed

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   
As horrible as this subject is, at least it has opened up a discussion about situational awareness.

The parent/child relationship heightens (or should heighten) awareness and many of these posts of people's personal experiences reflect that. However, many other people are too ignorant, unconcerned or distracted to be aware of potential danger in most any situation or setting.

It might seem paranoid, but I always consider a situation in public, and in private, from the view point of how I may have to defend or protect myself.

In public I stay on the outskirts of crowds if possible, sit with my back to a wall or corner with as wide a view as possible, note exits and anyone who may look suspicious. I practice situational awareness all the time, even when there seems to be absolutely no reason to, like a practice or drill. Eventually it becomes a reflex habit.

Situational awareness is quite practical for me living in a wooded rural area. Toward the end of summer I took a 2nd shift job at at town about 20 miles away from me. The route I take has numerous curves, hills, and a few tricky intersections making it hard to spot deer and other wild animals crossing at night. But by being aware of where and when it is most likely to see a deer or bear crossing the road, I've predicted where I've seen them and avoided collisions. There were an number of surprises though, like some deer in town or in other places I'd never expect to see them. It can be hard to maintain your level of awareness at all times, so your guard can come down at some point.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

So glad that ended well thanks for sharing!

top topics

join