It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos show evidence of life on Mars, Ohio entomologist claims

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I'd say he's jumping the gun on exo-biology just a bit. But interesting how he sees this from the view of his expertise. I imagine anyone from any branch of biology could see things related to their area of interest.

What we need is to study is some real ET life, even if it's just microbes. However, it doesn't seem like finding life on other worlds is a big priority of the current space missions.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 04:08 AM
link   
There is this weird thing happening with some scientists getting old. They start to entertain, let's say, more fringe ideas. This looks like one of such cases.

I think it is called philosopause.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

PS: being a scientist doesn't mean he is right

It depends whether he confirms a majority held belief. That's how we distinguish the "good" ones.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   
in any case, I support this man, since I'm convinced of life on Mars anyway.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Interesting that Dr. Romoser used to work for the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID).

Dr. William Romoser (ResearchGate)

USAMRIID Wiki

It's a good job that he's independent now really, as his job could be on rocky ground for making such wild and outlandish claims.

See what I did there? 'Rocky groun,......?

Oh never mind, I'll just see myself out.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

He actually said they live "in cliffs"!!

I have pondered before that there may be life in the gaps between the layers of the outcrops.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

He actually said they live "in cliffs"!!

I have pondered before that there may be life in the gaps between the layers of the outcrops.

That's where I try to look for interesting stuff, sticking out from the layers.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   

WTF! NASA felt they actually had to respond to this.

IMO the chances of this being true have increased dramatically...

NASA denies there are living 'insect- and reptile-like creatures' on Mars

NASA has vehemently denied that there are living "insect- and reptile-like creatures" on Mars, after a professor at Ohio University made the controversial claim earlier this week.

"The collective general opinion of the large majority of the scientific community is that current conditions on the surface of Mars are not suitable for liquid water or complex life," Alana Johnson, NASA's Public Affairs Officer, said in a statement to Fox News.

Johnson added that one of NASA's objectives is "the search for life in the universe" and with the upcoming Mars 2020 rover, the government space agency hopes to take the next steps "in exploring the potential of past life on the Red Planet."

"NASA has vehemently denied that there are living "insect- and reptile-like creatures" on Mars". Note they did not deny dead "insect- and reptile-like creatures" on Mars".

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   
What do Martian bugs eat anyway?Mars dirt?

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

How come that gets published on Phys.org, but they refuse my Singular Particle hypothesis, and my dark matter prediction that has been supported by observation of black holes accretion disk spectrum?

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

It's high in minerals! And low in calories. I could suggest they look like Kim Kardashian by now, but that would an insult to the insects

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I don't know the URL for the original press release, but both the phys.org link on the opening post and the EurekaAlert one were saved by archive.org, so they are not completely missing.

Phys.org
EurekaAlert

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

I don't know the URL for the original press release, but both the phys.org link on the opening post and the EurekaAlert one were saved by archive.org, so they are not completely missing.

Phys.org
EurekaAlert

If you go to the link in my last post you will see screen caps of the 404 at Ohio University.

Really, archive.org archived it. Good to know, who would of thunk it. So did I.

The point is not that it has been removed from the internet, that is very hard to do.

NASA didn't like it. It was 404'ed at many places. Why is that?

edit on 30-11-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
NASA didn't like it. It was 404'ed at many places. Why is that?

I don't think it was a question of NASA liking it or not, for them is just another nutty professor.

The link you posted says that "the faculty member no longer wishes to engage with media regarding this research, so we have opted to remove the story from our website and EurekAlert", so it sounds to me like he was expecting a different reception for his work.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I don't think it was a question of NASA liking it or not, for them is just another nutty professor.

Then why did NASA make a big deal of denying it. Plenty of nutty professors say plenty of nutty things and NASA does not comment nor deny them.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I don't see NASA's answer as a "big deal".

NASA's answer was a "statement to Fox News", given by Alana Johnson, NASA's Public Affairs Officer. And the answer was only that "the collective general opinion of the large majority of the scientific community is that current conditions on the surface of Mars are not suitable for liquid water or complex life", they didn't "vehemently denied it", like Fox News says in their first paragraph on the article about NASA's answer.

To me, a big deal would have been a public announcement by NASA's chief scientist for Mars or something like that.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

You are right they didn't really make that big of a deal about it, my bad on the hype.

Just seems strange they even commented on it to me.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Ohio University Won't Say If It Still Believes Insects Actively Live on Mars

Late last month, an Ohio University entomologist claimed that there are fossilized and living insects on Mars. The university went so far as to write a press release about his findings, which has since been deleted. What is it hiding?

The university later removed the press release from its website stating that Romoser does not wish to engage with the media regarding his findings. In an email, an Ohio University spokesperson said "the faculty member no longer wishes to engage with media regarding this research, so we have opted to remove the story from our website."

The Ohio University spokesperson did not answer specific questions such as whether the university believes there are insects on Mars, if it stands behind the research, and how it decides what press releases to write up. The original press release has been archived here.

Looks as if some in the press are still reporting on this paper from professor Romoser. The reason Ohio University is giving for deleting the paper from it's website is that the professor no longer wanted to engage the media concerning this paper.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

That's the same answer as two weeks ago, he doesn't want to talk to the media.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join