It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some advice on Surface Pro

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Long story short: I started a new position at work and have been traveling pretty extensively. I want to be able to watch movies on my surface pro, however, I don't know how to go about doing that. Is there a program/ streaming etc that would work offline so I would be able to?

TIA

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Surface Pro owner here.

There's a Movie & TV app in the Microsoft Store. Most airlines will also have an app you need to download so you can watch movies/tv while flying, I have United's app since I fly them exclusively. You can also sync your Netflix, Hulu and paid cable if you have that (HBO Go for example).

edit on 18-11-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

If you have an external usb with the movies you want to watch then you can probably sneak by most it security with vlc player portable. It should be in a zip on their downloads page. Just extract. Launch. Open whatever mp4 or however its encoded that you wish to view.

www.videolan.org...

You might have trouble playing vack snytbing encoded with the Matroska codec unles you install a codec pack.

For streaming, you need to install an app associated with the streaming service.

join