It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Radio Telescope Can Detect Alien Airports 200 Light-years Away

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
As some of you probably know, the Square Kilometre Array will become the biggest radio telescope on Earth, with a collecting area of 1 square kilometre.

The construction will start in 2021 and the first light is expected to take place in 2027. It will cover the frequencies from 50 MHz to 15 Ghz. 

But what I wanted to share with you guys is a new study about how far the SKA can 'listen'.

A recent study points out that the SKA could detect extraterrestrial airport radars 200 light years away.

Source: www.youtube.com...

What do you guys think?

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Not discounting the marvellous work, but I think we need to take a much more in-depth listen to our own solar system. Many of us think they are near.
edit on 15-11-2019 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Just my opinion, but I don't think Aliens use radio frequencies, that would be to "low tech" for them.

Only civs like ours would be detected, which would be useless if we wanted to communicate.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
A YouTube linked source?..

Small amount of views?..

Is this your video? Just curious.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Ah I answered my own question. You first posted 2 years ago. The first video from your source was 2 years ago.

What do I think? Self promotion for views.

Boom!

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Another example of "Expert Scientists" using equipment that detects one thing, to try and find something that may or may not use a technology that this stuff ....... doesn't even detect.

Like using binoculars to try and see smoke signals coming from an office building; it just doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skada
Just my opinion, but I don't think Aliens use radio frequencies, that would be to "low tech" for them.

Only civs like ours would be detected, which would be useless if we wanted to communicate.

Nor, do I think, they have airports. If they do, it's no wonder they buzz around ours, comparing the plane foods, and thinking "Cohhh, wish we'd thought of that."

If I were to hazard a guess, it was just an example of how powerful it was, and that the guy doesn't believe the thing will be finding any actual airports.

"I'm going to build a new powerful microscope, capable of seeing even my own penis!"

Something like that... oO maybe not.

But, if on the other hand, someone associated with this actually believes in alien airports, then... well.. well then...

ionno..

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

THAT is a brilliant idea. Now, I'm no scientist, but I am going to rip apart my google cardboard goggles and attach two iPhones with telescopic lenses superglued to the cameras, and write the app to do just that.

Brilliant !!

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

I agree

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

I think the mindset is that, if they are incredibly advanced, they had to have come to their current technology level somehow and may have had to develop radar/radio/etc beforehand. There will be some kind of trace and if it is hitting us now it means they are far ahead of us especially depending on how far away the signal is originating.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: alfa015

Glad to see the project is going ahead but like all cool things I want it now !
Hopefully JWST will finally launch in 2021 to keep us occupied until the SKA is up and running.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CalibratedZeus

That would be, I suppose, the "correct mindset" to have, but what makes us think that they even developed radio tech over there? What if instead, that part of the galaxy is being bombarded with some kind of cosmic ray that makes them more psionic, or magical, and tech doesn't work the way it does here.

Too many assumptions.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

What do I think? Self promotion for views.

Because no else does that sort of thing, right?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Boom?
Just saying.

On topic..

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.astrobio.net...

Both old sources. 2012/2013

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I am of the mind that we can ony detect technology that is the same or very similar to the technology we currently have. Maybe, in the years to come, artificial intelligence will be extended to search for evidence of other artificial intelligence, using the familiarity of cutting-edge technology.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

So, ALL aliens are high tech?

How is that even possible?

Harte

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CalibratedZeus

Thanks for clearing that up, I simply had no idea.... :/

Now, that they've moved on a few thousand or million years, can we still book tickets?

The title and the article both lead to the lay person thinking we're gonna detect air ports on distant planets. We, more astute folk... might not read it as such. Just the signals.. Saying "We may be able to detect their ancient and millennia old terrestrial signals" may have been better put.

But there it is. You had to explain it to me, have fun doing it to every forum you encounter with people who think Air-Alien are flying and we're spotting their approach signals.

edit on 17-11-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

So, ALL aliens are high tech?

How is that even possible?

Harte

They're Alien. It implies a technology beyond us, to be called that name.

To them, we're Alien too. So we have UFO's and space ships, too.

That's how it works... apparently.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown

I am of the mind that we can ony detect technology that is the same or very similar to the technology we currently have. Maybe, in the years to come, artificial intelligence will be extended to search for evidence of other artificial intelligence, using the familiarity of cutting-edge technology.

I’m of similar mind here - AI/quantum computers could possibly think up scenarios/things to look or listen for/etc. that we might not off the top of our human minds.

One thing I’m not sure if we’re looking for “out there” is a “Li-Fi” type signal instead of a WiFi signal that’s a radio wave. Not only would the Li-Fi system be able to transmit more data faster, it could be going largely undetected. Since Li-Fi is in its infancy on Earth, we may need to advance our own tech in that real before we could find “them”.

I’ll also say I’m a fan of people looking at a question or problem from new/different angles/perspectives. I could envision that today we have a lot of people looking for “them” but trying to find “them” using the same techniques we’d use to find “us” - which might be the wrong way of going about this.

Said differently, I think it’s possible that we’re missing the message from “out there” because we’re looking at it wrong. Makes me wonder if a civilization “out there” has wondered why we haven’t responded - “was it something we said???”

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Can they also detect alien calculators? I'm sure they're still using them...

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: alfa015

First I will list some facts and then I will close with a theory.

First the facts:
200 light years is insignificant in the grand scheme of scale. I've posted an image below which is supposed to represent the distance humans have been able to transmit into space since we first began transmitting signals from Earth. We just reached the 200 light year range. Look at how tiny that is relative to our own galaxy.

Part of me wonders if our own signals have reached this far out what are the chances we detect our very own signals and miscategorize them as "not from Earth"? That would be my question if I actually believed this was the purpose or the intent of the project.

My theory is this. This story is nothing more than a cover story to deflect from the fact we are building this to eavesdrop on the entire planet. Just another spy tool for total control.

Something doesn't add up. SETI gets bashed all the time. Loses it's governmental funding, gets funded by private industry, is nudged by Congress to begin funding it again, etc. The US government doesn't directly acknowledge ET life yet since 2017 we've seen unprecedented mainstream media articles, shows, and movies about new (but old) revelations. It's like they (the US govt) forgot to take its bipolar meds or something,

Now we are going to participate in funding a multi-billion dollar "listening" (key word there) project? I mean they can claim it's for radio astronomy but like I said earlier....200 light years is like me or you walking into our front yard and only being able to detect sounds at the end of our neighborhood's street. It's insignificant.

So I call BS. Plus it's going to be another 8-10 years before we ever get any meaningful data back from this project assuming it ever gets off the ground.

Thanks for posting OP. Good read none the less.

edit on 17-11-2019 by 1point92AU because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join