It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America needs to build a great Wall against China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Greetings paranoid Androids, skeptic sentients, and.. whatever.

Trump got his wall even if it wasn't the one he wanted, but he would be wise to not to play hardball with China. Why? Autoexe.bat.

Now a very few people know the trick, in windows 95 deleting the file I mentioned before pretty much "bricks"a computer (where the computer becomes a very expensive paperweight) and it takes time and effort to reboot a computer that has "self executed."

Now the largest majority of smartphones are manufactured in China. Look at all the technophiles lining up around the block for the newest iPhone, but what if those phones have scripts that either a) have a permanently corrupted file to brick the phone or b) have a caveat that allows remote access without the users permission?

Now I'm no script kiddie (hacker/coder) but I know that a single digit can make some massive damage-any gamer out there would know.

Australia is already concerned about China forcing 5G down their throat, and we don't buy it. In the age of echelon, I'd rather have pine gap spying on me than China.

Trump needs to make a big decision; either back down on the trade war or Annex Chinese mines because they have a stranglehold on mines that produces rare earth minerals. If I can brick a computer by deleting one file, imagine what is possible now.

I'm open to suggestions.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I think 5G is more of a concern than the phones being manufactured in China.

A lot of the phones will be made in China, but software will be installed in a different region. If it goes somewhere else and the BIOS gets flashed and software installed, I don't think the phone security is as big of an issue.

But with many countries looking at laying down a 5G infrastructure... Many are looking at using Chinese vendors like Huawei and ZTE to provide some of the backbone hardware to run the network. There are conflicting assessments on how big the risk is, and how it could be managed (IE checking firmware updates before they're implemented)... But the root concern seems to be that if Chinese equipment are guiding communications, there'd essentially be the potential they could operate like stingray devices only better because they are part of the actual network.

Subbing out any manufacturing to China carries more of the risk of theft of intellectual property, which I think is just assumed at this point. Hence, in the past 20 years China has become a major contender in manufacturing at all degrees, and not just the cheap plastic sh## we remember.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

As far as I know, America and Chins have just agreed to back down on some tariffs.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Here are the facts:

"The Chinese yuan has had a currency peg since 1994. This approach makes Chinese exports cheaper and, therefore, more attractive compared to those of other nations. By motivating the global marketplace with greater motivation to buy its goods, China ensures its economic prosperity.

As long as a currency peg keeps the yuan low relative to other currencies, consumers using foreign currencies can buy more of China's exports than they would if the yuan was more expensive. For example, if the People's Bank of China keeps the yuan weak compared to the U.S. dollar, consumers using the greenback can buy more Chinese exports."

"This currency manipulation has helped China thrive, as the nation's economy has repeatedly experienced robust growth rates of more than 10% over the last decade. China’s industrial sector has done particularly well. According to the Congressional Research Service, the nation became the world's largest manufacturer in 2010. Due to robust growth, China doubled its gross domestic product (GDP) per capita over the course of a decade, a feat that took the industrialized United Kingdom 150 years to complete. This rapid expansion has helped China grab a 25% to 26% share of global value-added manufacturing since 2014, according to U.N. estimates reported by the Congressional Research Service."

Why Is the Chinese Yuan Pegged?

The real question is why is this allowed to happen? Well, the answer is very simple. Labor is not very powerful in this country. Our government is designed so lobbyists get representation. The American people have no power. The problems with our country are not rocket science. Lobbyists force the politicians to pass laws creating cartels and monopolies in exchange for campaign financing.

George Carlin has this situation pegged. Listen to his profound comments on the lobbyists:

George Carlin may be a comedian but the reason why his bit is funny is because it is so tragic.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

As far as I know, America and Chins have just agreed to back down on some tariffs.

Until the Yuan is allowed to float against the dollar there is NO fair trade.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Bang on
and until China plays ball then they should be cut off from the Capitalist system / world just like the USSR were back in the day

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

China even makes electronic parts for the US military....WTF

www.americanmanufacturing.org...

www.reuters.com...

edit on 8-11-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

And Chinese parts in the infrastructure grid...What could possibly go wrong...who's running this sh!tshow anyway?

www.cnn.com...
edit on 8-11-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Oh yeah the worlds gone totally mad...................... The British Army get their friggin UNIFORMS sown up in China
It's totally insane

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Oh yeah the worlds gone totally mad...................... The British Army get their friggin UNIFORMS sown up in China
It's totally insane

"the line it is drawn, the die it is cast, the first one now will later be last" .......Zimmerman

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Let’s just get it on now.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Bang on
and until China plays ball then they should be cut off from the Capitalist system / world just like the USSR were back in the day

I don't know if I'd go that far. Just peg the Yuan at 4 to 1 and US factories will be able to produce at equal costs to corporations.

So what if prices spike in the short term. In the medium term we will have good paying jobs again for the masses!!

edit on 8-11-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

This is actually why supply chain security is becoming a big point of research and discussion in the information security community. Kind of like that scare a little while back about the Trend Micro servers having an extra chip on the motherboard that no one knew what it was doing.

I can say that in the infrastructure grid, at least in the US and some mid-east countries, all equipment is validated against architecture designs and functionality is tested to ensure there are no extra goodies hanging out. Couldn't speak for the military as federal isn't really my field or cup of tea.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   
yeaaa lock yourself in behind an wall !!!!!!!! and stay there

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Bang on

So the thing I’ve been pondering recently is why is China allowed to “get away” with anything?

It seems like the world fears Chinese retribution in some way but I’m not sold on a singular reason for why.

In my mind they shouldn’t really be feared. But perhaps I’m missing something.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser

In my mind they shouldn’t really be feared. But perhaps I’m missing something.

The thing is China don't play it fair economically and they are an expansionist state as seen in their Chineesifying of Tibet, Kashmir, Mongolia etc, plus with them you get a state still totally dominated behind the scenes with a Communist Party. Those three things combined make one fear China and tey are getting to the point where they are really beginning to throw their fat weight about infiltrating much of asia and africa, plus buying up much property and business overseas while at the same time stealing our miltary secrets and through their slave Commie labour tactics destroying communities built around age old industries world wide then the dope, beer and drugs / troublesome move in. It's bad news all round whichever way you look at it when dealing with China

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

It's going to take more than pegging world currencies to the Yuan. Why should states worldwide pour their resources into programs only to have them stolen for getting on for free by devious Chinese spies. No good can come of dealing with Commies bar building a big wall and starving them out

new topics

top topics

join