It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Republicans should do to end the impeachment farce

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
Suffice to say aside from this fringe conspiracy forum most legal experts agree there is nothing unconstitutional occurring.

No, there are many Constitutional scholars that agree with my position.

Mainly because it comes from a very plain and simple reading of the Constitution. It really isn't complicated.

Regarding not wanting something like this to happen again, perhaps your efforts would have been better served sounding the clarion call of alarm back when it occurred to Bill Clinton

What happened to Bill Clinton doesn't even remotely resemble what is happening now. His impeachment was done properly and fairly. They held a vote from the beginning and both parties were provided the same powers of investigation (subpoena power, questioning, etc).

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

just because the house says impeach him doesn't mean that Trump will be removed. the Rep's will end it when it goes to the Senate.
Bill Clinton was impeached and found guilty in federal civil court and remained President. who's to say that that won't happen this time.

dollars to doughnuts this will end the same way.

edit on 31-10-2019 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: CharlesT
Yes it is. We are witnessing a constitutional crisis here and the Supreme Court is the only means to stop this fiasco. Congress is divided and the Senate's hands are tied because of it.

How is the Senate's hands tied when they don't involved until there is an actual trial?

The 1st amendment applies to them as well. They can and have risen to address and condemn the democratic house on the Senate floor but there is little or nothing they can do on the Senate floor to stop the treason in the House.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I'm not sure I understand your question. I'm unaware of a plan by Democrats to make Republicans the majority.

Then you obviously have no eyes or ears.

They are firmly in the process of destroying the Democrat party and handing the Republicans landslide victories all the way around next year, due to their blatantly lawless actions.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, no one is stopping them from talking about this. They legally don't get involved in the process unless there is an actual impeachment.

And what are they going to condemn, that the Democrats are using the rules the Republicans put in place?

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

"This isn't a legal question... yet."

Yes it is.

I respectfully disagree. It is still a political question.

The legal question will come into play if/when the Repuiblicans force the issue. They could sue now, but I would wager that the Supreme Court would declare it a political question.

However, if they wait until they are carried out en masse, then I think the Supremes would likely hear a case.

The audacity of Nancy Pelosi this morning when she rose to address the chamber and read the preamble to the constitution and claimed they were defending the Constitution of the United States. She is a snake.

Well, no argument from me there...

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
just because the house says impeach him doesn't mean that Trump will be removed. the Rep's will end it when it goes to the Senate.

Irrelevant to the main point - what the dems are doing is blatantly unConstitutional.

That is what needs to be addressed.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

the Democrats are using the rules the Republicans put in place?

Say what? You are joking here, aren't you?

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Say what? You are joking here, aren't you?

No, try to follow along.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: jjkenobi
a reply to: TheGreatWork

That part would come later if they try to physically remove Trump from the White House unlawfully.

If the Senate were to vote to convict a House Impeachment resolution, his removal would be lawful.

Well, that's not happening, not with the alleged crimes provided so far.

If it did, lawful or not, there would be a civil war.

(post by network dude removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

The impeachment farce will end basically all by itself, the Republicans really don’t need to do any more than what they are doing now which is keep up the attacks on the Dems total and complete political bias in this process.
They have been going at this President for 3 years now with lies and fairytales because they lost an election that everyone said they had in the bag.
This is another insane attempt at ousting a duly elected president because of deranged butthurt.
Already there is talk of the wheels coming off of their short bus.
Contradictory testimony is coming out on the whistleblower’s claims.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

I'm not sure I understand your question. I'm unaware of a plan by Democrats to make Republicans the majority.

Then you obviously have no eyes or ears.

They are firmly in the process of destroying the Democrat party and handing the Republicans landslide victories all the way around next year, due to their blatantly lawless actions.

I think it more obvious that you confusing supposition with fact.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: proximo

I can't imagine how many are willing to risk life, family, and livelihood for a mediocre president.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

i didn't say it wasn't. in fact if you think about what i said the dems are doing nothing but showing their a@@es and don't stand a chance at removal of Trump. that there will be more than enough next time to cause them to loose the house next election and all but ensure Trump will win the Presidential election.

the vote was all party line today, only 2 dems voted against it just now. that there should tell people what is going on.

edit on 31-10-2019 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I can't imagine how many are willing to risk life, family, and livelihood for a mediocre president.

They would not be risking their life for the president - they would be risking it to keep their voting rights being unfairly stripped away.

You think this is some joke - you have no idea how angry this BS impeachment is making people. Luckily for everyone, there is less than 1% chance it actually happens.

edit on 31-10-2019 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

I'm not resorting to 'Orange man bad', because there is no need with the plethora of evidence. Secondly, it seems you are contradicting Tanstaafl who is convinced that even if the Democrats are doing all this for optics (which I in fact agree on), then the end result can only be the complete removal of all Democrats from elected positions and perpetual entrenchment of Republicans in all positions of political power forevermore (somehow)....

I just reconcile the opinions of how the what the Democrats are doing will only spell ruination for them with the fact that the Democrats must be stopped as well........

edit on Fri Nov 15 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
What the democrats are doing with the impeachment rules is not fair...but it is not illegal or against the House rules.

They are the majority party and therefore can make any rules changes they would like, since they have the votes to do so. It doesn't mean that what they are doing is right or just, it only means they have the authority to do it.

I feel it is very short sighted of them since one day the shoe will be on the other foot. One day they might be in the minority and have these same tactics used against them. I doubt it, only because the republicans like to appear to be above this sort of behavior (I am not saying they ARE above this sort of behavior, only that they like to have the appearance).

I will say that the democrats "my way or the highway" attitude in these committee meetings does not look good to most people. Americans, in general, like to see fairness being used in disputes. When they see something they consider unfair or one-sided, they usually oppose it. The democrats should be cautious not to be perceived as unfair in this process or they will lose much more than they gain for it.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
perhaps calling Adam Schiff as a witness would yield some interesting results, and at the least, it would show that Schiff isn't the person who should be in charge of this.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

They would not be risking their life for the president - they would be risking it to keep their voting rights being unfairly stripped away.

You think this is some joke

Clearly this is no laughing matter seeing as we wont be allowed to vote anymore if Trump gets removed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join