It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a question on brain waves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
ok, so a couple years ago. I had a brainmapping done. this psychologist said that there was unusal activity going on he said that my alpha waves had taken over 75 percent of my brain. Now he had said that My mind was stuck in a daydream state, yet I fail to see that. Is this normal brain activity? was this guy not telling me something I should be aware of? was he yanking my leg telling me I need other forms of therapy to make more money? just curious. thanks anyone for any input.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
You might be seeing a quack who wants you to come back and fork over some more $$$. As Howard Stern was saying the other day, chioropracters are quacks, and psychologist are barely ahead of them and usually are quacks too because they are often people who couldn't make it through medical school and like to hear peoples problems and give out advice. They essentially are a pastor to atheist. Psychiatrists are the ones who went through med. school and are authorized to write prescriptions.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I would not trust either of them to tell you the truth. Modern medical and psychological science is mainly bull#. Prozac doubles suicide rates. I don;t remember which scientist this quote came from, but he said that the effectiveness of modern medicine is highly uncertain, except for the fact that it has killed more people than wars, pestilence, and natural disasters combined.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
You may want to get another opinion, before going to see a Psych.

A man walked into a psychiatrist's office, sat down, took out a pack of cigarettes. He removed a cigarette from the pack, unrolled it, and stuffed the tobacco up his nose.
The shrink frowned and said, "I see you need my help!"
The guy said, "Yeah Doc. Got a match!?"

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
You know he tried talknig me in to a treatment known as Bio-feedback, which alters your brain waves, and situates them so that they are equally distributed. Oh and becuase of my quick reflexes and reactions to the ADD test I was told I had adhd. I thought they were full of # anyways. MY reflexes cause I hit the dot everytime said I got adhd. blow me. Sounds like focus to me.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by suburban
ok, so a couple years ago. I had a brainmapping done. this psychologist said that there was unusal activity going on he said that my alpha waves had taken over 75 percent of my brain. Now he had said that My mind was stuck in a daydream state, yet I fail to see that. Is this normal brain activity? was this guy not telling me something I should be aware of? was he yanking my leg telling me I need other forms of therapy to make more money? just curious. thanks anyone for any input.

"stuck in a daydream state"? just how cool can you get huh

tell me where is this psychologist, I would like to pay him a visit

I am the one man who is constantly "daydream" about life universe and everything

top topics

join