It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More of Trudeau’s intolerance for free speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I came across this on twitter and it made me so sad to see a young girl being assaulted and arrested for merely holding a CPC sign up with her mother.

They were both arrested for merely holding a sign from an opposing party. What is up with that ?
mobile.twitter.com...

Trudeau’s security has made twitter news more than once with their aggressive tactics.

That’s Trudeau’s stance on free speech in a nutshell and like DB’s thread said he only plans to make it worse.

If the Conservatives can not get a majority government, Singh from the NDP has promised to form a coalition with Trudeau and the Liberals to stop the Conservatives from accomplishing many of their great promises , if they should win with minority government.

All sorts of shenanigans going on, and I can only hope the twit prime minister and all his silly socks will be history soon. I heard he wasn’t doing so well in his riding and may lose his seat in parliament.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

we have a conservative government arresting peacful protestors in the UK, I dont have to agree with their chosen cause (extinction rebellion) if someone chooses to peacfully protest but is arrested its a sad day for everyone, I dont think it matters which side of the political spectrum its from, if the government want to silence the people, they WILL.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

we have a conservative government arresting peacful protestors in the UK, I dont have to agree with their chosen cause (extinction rebellion) if someone chooses to peacfully protest but is arrested its a sad day for everyone, I dont think it matters which side of the political spectrum its from, if the government want to silence the people, they WILL.

I agree with you .. it’s a sad day for anyone if a peaceful protest is met with aggression and arrest. The operative word being ‘peaceful’, because there are protesters who cover their faces , carry weapons and scream insults , trying to intimidate and put fear into people. Some of the things I’ve seen Antifa doing are down right disgusting.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   
One man’s peaceful protest is another man’s anarchy. I guess it’s all who’s side your on. I saw a video of some left coast protesters‘peacefully’ blocking a road and people couldn’t get to work, in my world that won’t end nice. I work full time to feed my family, that protest would end real fast, maybe violently.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
One man’s peaceful protest is another man’s anarchy. I guess it’s all who’s side your on. I saw a video of some left coast protesters‘peacefully’ blocking a road and people couldn’t get to work, in my world that won’t end nice. I work full time to feed my family, that protest would end real fast, maybe violently.

I think I saw the same video. The man who disrupted the protesters was so angry that they were blocking his way to work and I don’t blame him one bit. To me that isn’t a peaceful protest when you are blocking roads. That is rude and instigating violence.

The picture in the tweet I posted clearly shows a younger female being aggressively arrested for holding a sign in protest.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

A peaceful protest would be on the side of the road. Preventing someone from feeding their family is not peaceful.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

I wish they'd silence that bloke with the megaphone outside the house of

Parliament. News interviews cannot be heard..... and its hard on the ears.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22

In London the protesters are super gluing themselves to tube trains and

people are unable to get to work too.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Whilst I do agree its beyond stupid to glue yourself to a moving object, there are other ways to get to work (a hassle no doubt), employers should not be penalising employees beacuse of such an event, I never want to be stopping a protest against the governement by the citizens/people just because its a hassle, because the government aint stupid they will then purposely portray the protestors in a way to antagonise the greater population against them, history looks back fondly on Ghandi, which the gooberment cottoned onto and now with more media they can control the narrative to make us eat ourselves.

Not all 1300 who were arrested were being complete pains in the ass, but still more arrests for protesting than for MPs cheating taxpayers, more arrest than the bankers who caused the market crash, hell we were that stupid we even bailed them out in the UK, more arrests than celebritys accused of crimes

police say has seen nearly 1,300 arrests across the capital.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown
I figure a protest probably is going to be a hassle for some..that is what makes people aware, the point of it perhaps.
A rally might be a different thing.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Whether it's Trudeau or our current crop of democrat candidates, or even Trump filing suit against CNN, seems that free speech is becoming as rare as Elvis sightings.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

First off if you read the full story on what happened here. The two of them got into an altercation and then further escalated it.

Secondly Trudeau himself has nothing to do with them being arrested.

new topics

top topics

join