It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me convince...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
So I need some help.

I've recently been getting more politically active in the real world and have gone to a few meetings and just some general hangouts.

I decided it was time to stop mulling around and get involved.

So I officially joined my local ANTIFA chapter, been going to meetings for a few weeks.

Everything is great, the only issue is that we usually change our location weekly between each member. Which is nice and makes it so that snacks aren't always coming out of one pocket.

Well, my problem is that most of the members have no problems with their parents allowing us to meet in their basement and eat all their food. I, however, just cannot convince my mom to let us use the basement to have a meeting. I promised that I'd supply the food and snacks and that nothing would be taken from the kitchen.

She just does NOT want to let me do this, she's always been this way. When pressed, her best excuse is that some of them smell(and yes a few do, really bad) but I think that's just ridiculous. The whole thing is ridiculous. I'm 34 years old and I don't see why she thinks she can control my life like this. I'd be really pissed if I was paying rent, next time she asks for it I'll be sure to bring this up.

Anyone have a trick that might help me persuade her?
edit on 18-10-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

You could start by taking out the trash.

(It worked for me.)
edit on 10/18/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Just count yourself lucky you've got a basement... My mum kicked me out of hers years ago.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Maybe get your own place? Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
The whole thing is ridiculous. I'm 34 years old and I don't see why she thinks she can control my life like this. I'd be really pissed if I was paying rent, next time she asks for it I'll be sure to bring this up

Hilarious

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Is this for real?

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Zing 10/10

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I think you should contact a Lawyer and sue her ungrateful a$$.

This is NO way to treat a 34 year old child...maybe CPS should get involved.

edit on 10/18/2019 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

She just does NOT want to let me do this, she's always been this way. When pressed, her best excuse is that some of them smell(and yes a few do, really bad) but I think that's just ridiculous. The whole thing is ridiculous. I'm 34 years old and I don't see why she thinks she can control my life like this. I'd be really pissed if I was paying rent, next time she asks for it I'll be sure to bring this up.
Anyone have a trick that might help me persuade her?

You could start by paying your way.......RENT

Her House ......... HER RULES

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ylvax

Is this for real?

No. He sits around in his garage all day, smoking stogies and thinking this # up, to entertain us

edit on Fri Oct 18 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ylvax

There is no sarcasm emoji. Just pretend and enjoy, pop some popcorn and watch the hillaryarity from Moms basement with the rest of us

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Lol...funny boy...
Like your mother claims you....

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I get the impression that no one is taking my dilemma, or my political commitment to a new(better) world, seriously.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

edit on 18-10-2019 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I've heard enough. Impeach your mother right now.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Maybe wake up because you are obviously dreaming..

Antifa was just an attempt by conservative media to fabricate an equalizer...

“It isn’t just our sides nut jobs who are violent terrorists.. when it pretty much is only their side who has violent terrorists..

I bet we only hear about antifa on conservative conspiracy sites in the very near future..

I would bet dollars to donuts the , 3-4 protests where “antifa” showed up , none of the perpetrators knew each other at all..

There are exceptions to every rule, but you usually do not get a vegan transgender triggered by micro aggressions AND a hard core gun nut , militia type wanting to cause anarchy, in the same box..

Of course your pro-second amendment types who literally buy gear and train regularly SPECIFICALLY for if they have to take on the authorities , are gonna be more deadly..

They practice being more deadly constantly..

That said there are reverse examples of cartoon liberals who don’t have a conservative equivalent..

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I get the impression that no one is taking my dilemma, or my political commitment to a new(better) world, seriously.

You probably should have left out the part where you are 34 and don't pay rent.

You lucky son of a gun.
edit on 18-10-2019 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

It’s past time to put ole mom in assisted living and sell her house so you can buy a treehouse for you and your gang.

edit on 18-10-2019 by TheLieWeLive because: Cuz

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

You and your friends need to hide the face masks, onions, milk, and concrete milkshakes from the Mom and all will go according to your plan.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

I usually see your name on a post and just scroll down because why bother?

But I read the first few lines this time and came across this gem...

Antifa was just an attempt by conservative media to fabricate an equalizer...

Which makes me HAVE to ask you the obvious question...

What color is the sky in the world you live in?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join