It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medicooooo!(boxing with my computer)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Well, my computer is having increasing troubles. Frequent crashing, blue screens with such bizzare messages as "BAD_POOL" and "IRQL_DOES_NOT_EQUAL" To me, this is a signal from the Machine Mother to reformat. Problem: my computer is suddenly saying that it doesn't have a CD drive. So, when I try to install the firmware, it's all like "Sorry, no drive detected. Install aborted."

Send help, please. For the love of the Machine Mother, help.

DE

EDIT: My A drive is now no longer functioning either, so I can forget about a DOS floppy.

[edit on 7-3-2005 by DeusEx]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Your RAM may have failed/is in the process of failing.
Are you getting BAD_POOL_CALLER on the BSOD?

When you BSOD again, write down the mess of numbers & letters that appear... like 007xblahblahblah & post them here.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Half the time it just randomly resets, setting back progress on fixing the issue, old school.

But yes, I will write down the numbers next time it happens, though I never get hte same message.

DE

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I agree with Banshee:

"IRQL_DOES_NOT_EQUAL, ……Blue screen

The cause is most likely bad Ram stick

A good source www.pchelplive.com...

I would check the Ram first; I think once it is replaced it should clear up the BPC.

www.theeldergeek.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Bug Check for BAD POOL CALLER www.osronline.com...

[edit on 7/3/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Also interesting....I've had some 700 odd UDP port probes today, since about 10 am. 460 are from the same source.

I managed an epic feat of reinstalling windows, and it appears to be running fine now for some reason. Quite odd.

DE

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Also interesting....I've had some 700 odd UDP port probes today, since about 10 am. 460 are from the same source.

I managed an epic feat of reinstalling windows, and it appears to be running fine now for some reason. Quite odd.

DE

thats good, strange but good

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
"IRQL_DOES_NOT_EQUAL" & "BAD_POOL"... those errors led to some of the worst horrors my brother had to endure... he lost massive amounts of schoolwork and other information. He would just be working and BAM! BSOD.

Dell came, replaced the RAM and shes all fine now.

Before hand, I reinstalled Windows (XP) twice.. but that didn't help matters. So I got them to replace the RAM. It worked.

Sometimes the silliest things make the worst problems... don't even get me started on my DVD burner... that's another story for another time... heh.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

[edit on 3/7/05 by prophetmike]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I have a laptop right now that I was asked to look at getting the same errors. (when it decides to boot). I remenber looking up this on the M$ website and it usualy leads to a hardware problem. Next time you get the BSOD do what Banshee said and write down that string of hex code. Also look for any kind of file it may or may not list as well. Sometimes this problem also comes from a corrupted driver type file.

Good Luck

Also, whats wrong with your floppy drive? Even though they are becomming legacy they can still be useful.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well, damn. It was working almost perfect. I was playing Sanitarium (That game maybe be old, but it still is messed right the hell up), and so I closed the game so I could go check messenger when...

BSOD.

Hex as follows:

0x0000...00A 0x00....004 0x00...002 0x000...00 0x804F67CD

And it worked beautiful all day, too.

DE

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Same one again. IRLQ DOES NOT EQUAL, same hex. I think I've all but gotten rid of teh bad pool one.

So....is my ram heading south on me?

DE

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Run a test on your mem:
www.memtest86.com...

IRQ stops are hardware issues more often than not.....

Have you installed any new hardware lately? Anything like a printer or a camera or anything?
Or any memory-heavy stuff like new games?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Nope, no new hardware. And I've only been playing my old games. It seems to be running on a clock, almost. Tonight, I'll jack some memory form my brother, see what happens because I don't have a floppy drive to run the memtest on.

DE

top topics

join