It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is kinda cool

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I've posted about my prison wine a couple times, but here's an interesting development.

On my last batch using grape-blackberry I had to dump a little grape juice out to make room for the sugar. So I poured out about 2 cups of grape juice and put it back in the bottle from the store. While I was making the rest of my wine I had just capped the grape juice and set it on the counter. This morning when I was feeding the dogs I noticed the bottle on the counter. It was all puffed out. So I vented it. Wine!! I hadn't done anything to it but just leave it on the counter, no yeast, nothing. So, just opening the bottle and exposing it to air got some wild yeast in it, and now it's fermenting.

Interesting. It's been fermenting since 10/5. I think I'll let it go for another week or so and test the specific gravity for alcohol content. I had measured the juice to begin with to figure out how much sugar to add, so I know the starting point. It will be interesting to see what the ending gravity is.

Then a taste test!

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
I have noticed your first thread about making wine a few days before.

Photos!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I was around 10 at my friends house, never tasted wine. His mom poured some homemade grape juice for us(the frozen kind in a can) and i said.. Hmm, this tastes like wine. She took a sip and said wow it does taste like wine. I think any old grape juice will turn to wine but you sped up the process.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 5ofineed5aladder

My buddy makes Welches hobo wine from frozen concentrate packs. It tastes like anything else you get off the shelf surprise surprise.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Lapland is a part of northern Finland. And from there, comes a drink called Lapland man's magical potion. You need 100% pure orange juice. And water. And sugar. Throw away the yeast or bake a nice bread out of it.

You have to completely freeze the orange juice in a freezer (or outside if applicable). Wild yeasts activates itself then. 15 liters of frozen 100% orange juice, 15 liters of water, 4 kilos of sugar and two weeks. Then you start to forget stuff.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

There was yeast present, in order for it to ferment. Dried yeast buds float in the air like pollen. You were lucky enough to have some drop into the juice.

new topics

top topics

join