It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Erdogan hitting civilian targets

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
So whats next for Trump does he have to stop Turkey and will we have to use force ?

I like Trump but this doesn't make him look good at all Actually makes it look like he had some deal with Turkey .

A planned Turkish military operation in northern Syria has now begun, the country's president announced Wednesday, as Kurdish fighters say warplanes are already bombing civilian areas in the region. President Recep Tayyip Erdogan tweeted that the maneuvers being carried out against Syrian Kurdish forces – which Ankara considers terrorists allied with a Kurdish insurgency within Turkey – are part of Operation Peace Spring.

bombing civilian areas
edit on 10/9/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/9/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

doesnt make Trump look good? Its Turkey doing it...

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Only America can stop them?

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I'm just saying it looks like he just handed them over in some deal with Turkey . The exact moment we pulled out they went in .

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Turkey shouldn't be in NATO.

What was the deal?

I thought his plan was always to erase the Kurds.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It sure does.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

One of Trumps early campaign promises was bringing troops home. He's stated on many occasions we shouldn't be tasked with being the worlds police... If Turkey wants to immediately act on this, then that's on them. Now, if other powers within the region want to come to the Kurds aid, then so be it, but its not USAs duty to solve all conflicts throughout the world. If Turkey seems to violate international laws, they should have to answer for it.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

I agree with that I just think it's a raw deal for the Curds they helped us and we just bailed with no protection set up .

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
a reply to: Lysergic

I'm just saying it looks like he just handed them over in some deal with Turkey . The exact moment we pulled out they went in .

It's a master stroke by Trump. Pull out and let Turks Ruskies Iranians Arabs fight between themselves and weaken the lot of them. Got to give some credit to Trump on this one

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

we have no busniess inserting ourselves into the middle of another civil war..

seems like your grasping at straws to keep the war machine turning.

you've devolved into "but muh allies" you know what F**k them. i care more about bringing our troops home than help some middle eastern #hole ally or not.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
: jhn7537

Good luck getting anyone to trust you next sh#t storm that arises, not good to abandon your friends/allies

I really believe Trump doesn't understand what that is..allie/friend, just understands what someone can do for him.
edit on 9-10-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The Kurds should find a new ally in the region or wait until the next warhawk is elected as president of the US. Trump campaigned on putting a halt to all the ME meddling.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Good luck getting anyone to trust you next sh#t storm that arises, not good to abandon your friends/allies

I really believe Trump doesn't understand what that is..allie/friend, just understands what someone can do for him.

The reality is, most (if not all) countries/allies need the US more than the US needs them. It may not be the best way to look at it, but its reality.. you may think our word is crap and trust is no more, but I believe not much will change from any of this... people only care because its going against what trump did. If obama pulls out, it would be a non issue, but everything Trump does today is blown massively out of proportion.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

So you want war with turkey and every single Jihadist around the area to join the fight to destroy the evil crusaders? We should support the kurds but not with guns

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The guy can't win for losing. If Trump personally fought off a lion that was about to eat two babies the headline would be "Trump Cruel to Animals. He Denied Them Food".

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
More killed here at home by murders, drugs, etc.. Let those folks take care of themselves, as they have done for hundreds of years.

It's pitiful how the U.S. Media cares so much about foreign lives, when hundreds of U.S. citizens are murdered by fellow Americans and Illegal Aliens, every single week. The MSM never mentions it. Maybe they're anti-US terrorists.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
So if we're now abandoning allies in the ME does this mean we're going to stop funding Israel's genocidal regime?

I mean the excuse I keep hearing in regards to pr continued support of them is due to the fact that their our only ally in the area.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Trump moved 50 troops that were with Turkey.

I mean, hell, I know the American soldier is awesome, but 50 guys against the Turkish Army?

Maybe 55.

But not 50.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It's all going to plan.

Russia, turkish and Assad relations are strong. Trump and Putin are buds, take the US out of Syria let Turkey run wild, Assad gets his full power, whether the Kurds die or not.

First hurdle got out of the way in 2016. Putin wins again.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

True. However Trump in his great wisdom has promised to crush Turkeys economy if they do anything that he judges to be off limits..

As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!).

So now that Turkey is bombing civilian sites and moving in on the Kurds, it will be telling to see if killing innocent civilians is or is not considered by Trump to be ''off limits''.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join