It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare weather event over Antarctica driving Australia's hot, dry outlook

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   
So the big dry looks like it's going to get dryer.

A rare event that took place 30 kilometres above the South Pole last week is expected to impact upon Australia's rainfall outlook.

The upper atmosphere above Antarctica warmed by as much as 40 degrees Celsius in the course of a few days — and it is continuing to warm.

They are calling this SSW Sudden Stratospheric Warming, and is apparently a natural event and not global warming. That being said it's so dry where I live now as it is and we might not get any decent rain until after Christmas.

What a bizarre weather event.
LINK

I can't get the link to work from my mobile...
edit on 4-10-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/4/2019 by Blaine91555 because: fixed link

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

This worked for me

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

They are calling this SSW Sudden Stratospheric Warming, and is apparently a natural event and not global warming.

Well that's refreshing.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Pilgrum

Pretty dry over in Tassie too I believe. I'm on tank water here, looks like I will be getting a water truck in.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

They are calling this SSW Sudden Stratospheric Warming, and is apparently a natural event and not global warming.

Well that's refreshing.

Yes it does make a change, not sure about refreshing, it would be if it would frigging rain

This is what it looked like with a similar event back in 2002, I'm betting its gets even dryer.

edit on 4-10-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   

The Eastern side of Tas was always a bit dry being in the rain shadow of the central highlands but recent times have been drier than average. Got family on the east coast with tank water and the water trucks are doing good business last few years.

Going by that map, things look a bit back to front with record rain in the desert while traditional grazing/cropping land is in drought.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   
The actual temperatures are the same as always, if you look at historical records for your own region. It is usually within a specific range of temps, which often vary year to year.

There is obviously man-made pollution of our environment, that's for sure. Water and air pollution is a reality, and harmful to all life, which is the REAL problem we must address here.

This does not create 'climate change', or anything. The climate is no different than ever before. It's simply used as a red herring, to avoid the real problems we have to solve.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Its a man made event, by heisting the ionosphere the bounce back is severe, particularly against the Ozone layer, which allows much higher UV to penetrate the surface. Hence all of the trees in areas that are green appearing to be dying. it was also don't to move the Polar Vortex, some 8 weeks later, it's still off its axis by a large degree. By doing this, "they" stop the cold fronts from reaching Australia. It is still as far away from Australia as they can make it.

Winds at 10 HPA
edit on 5-10-2019 by Ozforsale because: Bad link

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Ozforsale

Interesting, so I take it you are referring to harrp when you refer to heisting the ionosphere?

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I was wondering about that blue in the desert there it does seem out of place, unless there just happened to be a freak rain right at that time.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

I absolutely believe pollution to be the largest of issues we face as of of now, climate change which will happen regardless.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

by heisting the ionosphere

Say what?

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I'd put that record desert rain down to a cyclonic depression crossing the continent, it happens after a cyclone blows itself out when crossing over from sea to large dry inland areas. The data is acquired over a very short time period which can lead to a picture that doesn't faithfully represent longer time trends and the 'record' figures are from data collected over a time period that's too short to reveal longer time cyclic climate trends (centuries compared to millennia).

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

That makes sense.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pilgrum

I'd put that record desert rain down to a cyclonic depression crossing the continent, it happens after a cyclone blows itself out when crossing over from sea to large dry inland areas. The data is acquired over a very short time period which can lead to a picture that doesn't faithfully represent longer time trends and the 'record' figures are from data collected over a time period that's too short to reveal longer time cyclic climate trends (centuries compared to millennia).

Good point. We are using a limited period of data, instead of factoring for potential longer cyclical patterns that may possibly happen over a thousand years time, or whatever.

Saying that, the historical records we DO have over the last century or so are very consistent, anyway. Nothing different in all that time suggests it doesn't change at all, but we don't know for sure, which goes to your point as a possible consideration, in future.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Sorry for the spelling error, yes they heat the Ionosphere, regularly. And they can warm or cool any area of the globe they like. At the moment, the microwave is sending the furnace to Australia.

Ionisatio n process taking place

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   

At the moment, the microwave is sending the furnace to Australia.

Microwaves go right through the ionosphere. And they don't warm air. Try running your microwave oven with nothing in it then measuring the temperature inside it.

Maybe they're bouncing them off the Moon?

Following the 1961 Moon-bounce success, the Navy continued development on what was called the Technical Research Ship Special Communications System (TRSSCOMM). TRSSCOMM allowed a ship, anywhere in the world, to transmit a message by beaming microwave transmissions toward the Moon. The Moon, acting as a passive reflector, would bounce the emission back to receiving stations on Earth, located at 90-degree quadrants around the globe.

airandspace.si.edu...

Nice satellite imagery of water vapor in the upper troposphere. But it's not the ionosphere and its not ionization.

edit on 10/7/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yes but they do vaporise water vapour and hence allow a furnace with no clouds to build up over the inland regions.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Water vapor is already vaporized water. That's why it's called water vapor.
edit on 10/9/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 11:30 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

join